Subscribe
Copied to clipboard
Share
Share
Copied to clipboard
Embed
Copied to clipboard
Minnesota Native News: COVID-19 Daily Update
Trailer
Bonus
Episode 81
Season 1
Governor Walz Extends Peacetime Emergency to October 12th
Script: Boozhoo, I’m Cole Premo. Here's your daily update.
Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz has again extended his emergency powers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
On Friday, Sept. 11, during a Special Session, Walz’s peacetime emergency was extended through Oct. 12. House Democrats upheld the extension despite Senate Republicans voting to block it.
The peacetime emergency gives the governor power to issue executive orders and regulate businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic, without legislative approval. Walz says it gives him the ability to respond quickly to the rapidly changing COVID-19 pandemic, which is still very much a threat.
Walz first declared a peacetime state of emergency in March. Here he is in a recent press conference.
WALZ 2:45: “I said back in March, when we had an unusual state-of-the-state address, that this it’ll be a long winter… we’ve made progress, but we’re not out of the woods.”
Meanwhile, health experts are concerned that colder temperatures could lead to a spike in cases this fall and winter, with more people hosting indoor gatherings.
Gov. Walz says Minnesotans should remain vigilant and continue to social distance, wash hands often and wear face masks in indoor public areas and businesses.
More than 84,000 COVID-19 cases and 1,900 deaths have been confirmed so far in Minnesota.
Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz has again extended his emergency powers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
On Friday, Sept. 11, during a Special Session, Walz’s peacetime emergency was extended through Oct. 12. House Democrats upheld the extension despite Senate Republicans voting to block it.
The peacetime emergency gives the governor power to issue executive orders and regulate businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic, without legislative approval. Walz says it gives him the ability to respond quickly to the rapidly changing COVID-19 pandemic, which is still very much a threat.
Walz first declared a peacetime state of emergency in March. Here he is in a recent press conference.
WALZ 2:45: “I said back in March, when we had an unusual state-of-the-state address, that this it’ll be a long winter… we’ve made progress, but we’re not out of the woods.”
Meanwhile, health experts are concerned that colder temperatures could lead to a spike in cases this fall and winter, with more people hosting indoor gatherings.
Gov. Walz says Minnesotans should remain vigilant and continue to social distance, wash hands often and wear face masks in indoor public areas and businesses.
More than 84,000 COVID-19 cases and 1,900 deaths have been confirmed so far in Minnesota.
I'm Cole Premo. Script: Boozhoo, I’m Cole Premo. Here's your daily update.
Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz has again extended his emergency powers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
On Friday, Sept. 11, during a Special Session, Walz’s peacetime emergency was extended through Oct. 12. House Democrats upheld the extension despite Senate Republicans voting to block it.
The peacetime emergency gives the governor power to issue executive orders and regulate businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic, without legislative approval. Walz says it gives him the ability to respond quickly to the rapidly changing COVID-19 pandemic, which is still very much a threat.
Walz first declared a peacetime state of emergency in March. Here he is in a recent press conference.
WALZ 2:45: “I said back in March, when we had an unusual state-of-the-state address, that this it’ll be a long winter… we’ve made progress, but we’re not out of the woods.”
Meanwhile, health experts are concerned that colder temperatures could lead to a spike in cases this fall and winter, with more people hosting indoor gatherings.
Gov. Walz says Minnesotans should remain vigilant and continue to social distance, wash hands often and wear face masks in indoor public areas and businesses.
More than 84,000 COVID-19 cases and 1,900 deaths have been confirmed so far in Minnesota.
Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz has again extended his emergency powers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
On Friday, Sept. 11, during a Special Session, Walz’s peacetime emergency was extended through Oct. 12. House Democrats upheld the extension despite Senate Republicans voting to block it.
The peacetime emergency gives the governor power to issue executive orders and regulate businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic, without legislative approval. Walz says it gives him the ability to respond quickly to the rapidly changing COVID-19 pandemic, which is still very much a threat.
Walz first declared a peacetime state of emergency in March. Here he is in a recent press conference.
WALZ 2:45: “I said back in March, when we had an unusual state-of-the-state address, that this it’ll be a long winter… we’ve made progress, but we’re not out of the woods.”
Meanwhile, health experts are concerned that colder temperatures could lead to a spike in cases this fall and winter, with more people hosting indoor gatherings.
Gov. Walz says Minnesotans should remain vigilant and continue to social distance, wash hands often and wear face masks in indoor public areas and businesses.
More than 84,000 COVID-19 cases and 1,900 deaths have been confirmed so far in Minnesota.
I'm Cole Premo.