Jonathan and David talk about making your boss look good, how to use your skills and passions, and focusing on the outcome.
- Making your boss look good
- How to use your skills and passions
- Knowing the pros & cons of tools
- Understanding risk
- Focusing on the outcome
- “If you want to advance your career...figure out how to make your boss look good.”
- “He [Jonathan’s senior colleague] thought about the outcome. What are you really trying to accomplish here?”
- “When...they understand a little bit about business outcomes, I'm like, oh, this person is smart, they get it.”
- “The world doesn't owe you a handsome income for engaging in your favorite activities.”
- “Back when you had an actual paper book you'd go way deeper into individual things.”
- “You keep your eyes on the outcome...then you can get there with minimal detours.”
- “...the new shiny tool, you want to talk to your friends about it, but your boss doesn’t care about that.”
What is Junior to Senior with David Guttman?
A weekly show for ambitious devs who want to take their career to the next level.