Our guest today is the inspiring Noah Kagan, Founder, and Chief-Sumo at Sumo.com, AppSumo, OkDork, and a unique marketing specialist and business consultant.
In this episode, Noah shared with us his best practices and routines for starting a business, and new perspectives on enjoying it and scaling that, into a thriving business or online brand.
Please support our amazing sponsors
Links from the show
- Noah's companies - Sumo.com, AppSumo
- Noah's blog - OkDork
- His Youtube Channel
- His Podcast - Noah Kagan Presents
- Twitter - @NoahKagan
- Do leaders need to be assholes?
I Love this podcast - now what?
Key points from this episode:
- Learn about Noah's background and how he got to his passion for tech and the marketing world. [00:04:40]
- Understand the expert curse. And why some people who don't have experience, actually can create the innovation. [00:13:00]
- Noah shares tips for your online presence for your business or your personal brand. [00:16:40]
- Learn about Noah’s business routines that he makes consistently. [00:19:35]
- Understand how hiring people is everything and how it can grow your business. [00:22:20]
- Get tips for hiring exceptional people [00:27:15]
- Noah shares his insights on growing your business and personal brand when you're starting out, and how to prioritize everything. [00:32:00]
- Learn about Noah’s priorities, and how to set sustainable goals in your business. [00:37:25]
- Find out how looking at death, can actually help you to gain new perspectives about life and how to choose what to spend your limited time. [00:45:00]
- Learn insights about karma and how helping out others is always good and how it pays-off by the universe. [00:49:10]
About The Hacking UI Podcast The Hacking UI podcast is hosted by Sagi Shrieber and David Tintner, a designer, and developer who are also both entrepreneurs, bloggers, productivity/time-hacking maniacs, and all around tech geeks.
What is The Hacking UI Podcast - with Sagi Shrieber & David Tintner?
The Hacking UI podcast is hosted by Sagi Shrieber and David Tintner, a designer and developer who are also both entrepreneurs, bloggers, productivity/time-hacking maniacs, and all around tech geeks.
The first season of the podcast is titled ‘Scaling a Design Team’, in which they speak with design leaders from top notch companies like Facebook, Apple, Invision, and Intercom, to discuss various team structures, responsibilities, and workflows.
After quitting their day jobs to work full time on Hacking UI they named the second season ‘Scaling a Side Project’, and they interview creative entrepreneurs whom they admire, in order to learn about their paths to success and get them to share their tips and secrets. These include Matt Mullenweg (Founder of Wordpress), David Okeniuv (Founder of Typeform) and more.
The third season of the podcast is called 'Scaling a Career' and it's all about creative entrepreneurship. They interviewed amazing folks who took their creative skills and built a brand for themselves. These include Brad Frost (Atomic Design System), Samuel Hulick (Useronboard.com), Noah Kagan (Sumo), and Ran Segall (Youtuber at 'Flux' on Youtube).