In this episode, Adam talks to Justin Jackson about growing his new SaaS business Transistor to $10,000 in MRR.
- Why you need more than just a product, and what Justin brings to the table in his partnership with Jon
- How having an audience helped him get his first customers, even in a crowded market
- Why you should use every advantage you have to get people in the door, even though the only thing that will make customers stay is a great product with great service
- "People like us do things like this" vs "scratching your own itch"
- How their affiliate program has been working surprisingly well for them, and how affiliate programs compare to traditional advertising
- What Justin's day looks like working on Transistor as the marketing focused side of the partnership
- How Justin and Jon are paying themselves, inspired by Profit First
- Cloudinary, sign up and get 300,000 images/videos, 10GB of storage and 20GB of monthly bandwidth for free
- DigitalOcean, get your free $50 credit at do.co/fullstack
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.