Kristen and Helena covered a lot of ground in their two-part conversation, and that means Kris and Val have their work cut out for them parsing through it all.
This special digest caps off a three-episode run, exploring everything from customer personas to developing markets; branding trends to organic growth strategies. If you’re still working through everything you’ve heard in the last couple episodes, this digest is everything you need to tie it all together.
- Building a passion project into something much bigger
- It’s not about creating a new habit- it’s reshaping existing rituals
- “Everything, to have a successful communication, is about context”
- Books referenced: Start With Why by Simon Sinek and Obviously Awesome by April Dunford
- “Consider your product as a feature of the experience”
- DTC pizza- could it be a thing?
- Benefit vs value for your customer
- How UGC creates context and tells the story of your product
- Selling isn’t just about price and convenience anymore- it’s about deeper values
- The difference between a subscription and a membership
- Investing time to create impact (doing the hard things that no one’s doing)
- Here’s the booklet Kristen mentions
What is Playing for Keeps?
Retaining customers has never been more important for eCommerce businesses. Join Kristen LaFrance, eCommerce retention specialist and head of community at Churn Buster, as she interviews guests from the top subscription businesses to learn how the best in the DTC space are retaining customers. If you're growing a subscription based business, running a subscribe and save program on your site, or just plain interested in hearing stories from the top DTC businesses, Playing for Keeps is for you.