On today’s episode, I spend time with John Poelstra on a different kind of episode. I actually walk through the elements of adding elements of TimeCrafting to his productivity workflow through a series of conversations over the course of a five day period. Essentially, you're getting a behind-the-scenes look at what it is like working with me through one of my Productivityist Coaching experiences.
John helps people take complete ownership of their lives and live in ways that are most meaningful to them–even when they think it’s impossible. This is the crux of his beliefs. John would say that he's in the “personal development” and “human potential” business and that he help end unnecessary suffering. John loves clarifying confusing ideas and complicated situations that thwart progress and distract people from what’s most important. He helps people get clear on what they want and own their path to it. John helped executives, managers, small business owners, engineers, marketers, and people who are done having life happen to them and want to create something better.
- Monday: How John's doing on Monday morning and how he's lining up his day (2:45)
- Monday: John’s normal Monday theme (3:35)
- Monday: How important is it for John to start the week right? (4:24)
- Monday: Mike’s homework for John (5:33)
- Tuesday: On how John usually set up his Mondays (8:05)
- Tuesday: Setting up Planning Day (11:24)
- Tuesday: What is John going to learn today? (11:51)
- Wednesday: What did John learn yesterday? (13:17)
- Wednesday: Focusing on what things to do (15:01)
- Wednesday: John’s theme for the day (16:47)
- Wednesday: Mike’s challenge for John (17:38)
- Thursday: How was John’s Wednesday? (28:30)
- Thursday: Lessons on focusing (30:05)
- Thursday: Things to talk about on Friday (36:44)
- Friday: How John feels about keeping a consistent theme throughout the week and weeks beyond? (44:01)
- Friday: Setting up the theme for the day (47:13)
- Friday: Mike reveals the recommended number of weeks where people should practice adopting their theme days (50:54)
- Friday: John’s takeaway from his themed 5 days (1:03:40)
"I cannot say enough about the power of focus and just having these boundaries around what you are supposed to be working on." ~ John Poelstra
What is The Productivityist Podcast: A Time Management and Personal Productivity Talk Show?
Hosted by productivity strategist Mike Vardy, The Productivityist Podcast is a weekly show that discusses tips, tools, tactics, and tricks that are designed to help you take your productivity, time management, goals, to do lists, habits, and workflow to new heights - both at work and at home. If you're looking to focus your efforts on getting the right things done and start living the good life, then this weekly conversational podcast – crafted in the tradition of Slate's Working, Back to Work, and HBR IdeaCast – is for you.