Welcome to the Soul Touched by Dogs Podcast, the show for dog lovers who see dogs not as toys or tools, but wise souls worth our respect and care. I'm an Herrmann, and I'm your host. I talk to poor some humans, people who do great work for dogs and their people. So come and join us for today's conversation.
Anke: Hello and welcome to it. I'm very honored to have you here with me
Turid: today. Well, it's nice to see you too, and find out what you are doing.
Anke: Well, my mission is to bring experts like you to people who have dogs and wanna be the best people they can possibly be for them. So this is a real honor for me to have you here. So, because I've seen some things about your work, so I'm very keen to share your expertise with people. So why don't you share with people where you are based and you know how, what's your business with dogs?
Turid: Do you know, uh, I have been working with a lot of things after the years and done so many different kind of studies and, and all kind of things. So there are many things that are, uh, interesting for me to talk about and I don't really know what you, what you are. People are interested in and what kind of people they are. Uh, usually when, uh, when I speak to people I know approximately where they come from because one of the interesting things is that, uh, dog owners are not only dog owners, they are also very culturally, um. You know, in each, each place they have some dog cultures that are different from other places. That's true. And then if, uh, for instance, your people are mostly from Spain? Uh, okay. So no, they're mostly
Anke: in the States and the uk. There's quite a few Australians as well. So all speaking countries.
Turid: Yeah. Yeah.
Anke: No Spanish people won't follow us if we talk in English. Okay. No,
Turid: no. Uh, so it's always a bit difficult to, to say what, uh, would I like to share, uh, Americans, us and Canada, and I would say talk seriously about a few things to them. Australians, some something else, European, something else. Again, because it's so different what people are doing.
Anke: Yeah. So let's go for the states, because I think most, if I look at mm-hmm. The statistics, most of my people would be in the States. But I'm really curious also like where you see those main differences.
Turid: Yeah. Uh, the, it is really amazing how big the differences are and I learned about it when I traveled, which I don't do anymore, but I traveled a lot and I was a lot in the United States. And, um, uh, what is typical about, uh, dog owners there is that they are. So, uh, much into controlling dogs, they are so afraid of, uh, people thinking that they are not good enough and what the neighbors are saying, and everybody needs to think that they are good and they have wonderful dogs and much more than any other places.
Anke: Wow. I didn't realize because I, I'm very aware that in Spain the culture is very different. So it's, well, it's a tool and if it doesn't serve me in some way, then, you know, so it's probably quite the opposite.
Turid: So every, every time I traveled, I had, I prepared very much by the culture I was going to, uh, to work in. And going to the United States of America was always troublesome for me because what we are doing is, uh, trying to deal with dogs in the most natural way that it's possible to do it. We cannot be completely natural because our lives are not natural anymore. But, uh, we can do it as much as we can. And, uh, the way people keep dogs in, in America is very, very, very unnatural. Uh, so trying to make them be interested in letting go of their control. And give F in whatever the neighbors are saying about you, and try to do the best for your dog. Uh, that is,
Anke: uh,
Turid: not easy.
Anke: I can imagine. So, so what, how would you, how would you, like, how would you normally start with people when they kind of think, oh my God, I've got a, you know, and I do actually recall. You know, when I had my first dog and you walk around the neighborhood and you have people sort of behind their windows and you kind of feel already judged before they say anything. Right. So what would, like, how would do you recommend you go about, okay, let's just, you know, give my dog a bit. Dog. Yeah. What I
Turid: try to do is to tell people what is, uh, natural for dogs, what they like, uh, what they want their lives to be. Uh, and that means they need a lot of freedom. Freedom to move, freedom to think and do what they like, uh, which is very, very strange to Americans. Mm. They always keep them under search control, that they, they stay in crates. They have to eat a certain kind of food. They are allowed this, they are not allowed that, and they walk in in very short leashes and they are not allowed to do anything that dogs naturally would like to do. Uh, I always try to talk about how, uh, important it is for dogs and people as well to grow up with a kind of freedom of thinking, trying to be creative and do what they, uh, like to do, to develop properly. They need a lot of physical freedom to develop healthy, uh, for their body. Uh, and, uh, that is, that is very important to me. Hmm. Uh, there's a lot of very, uh, unnatural ways of looking at dogs because, uh, I feel that, uh, one of the worst things that has happened to the dog world is, uh, classes and training. And scientists because they try to make everything by a, a schedule a book, and everybody has to fit into that.
Anke: Yeah. So much more room to get things wrong, right?
Turid: Yeah. And when you put, uh, we know for many, many years now that when you put kids into a frame like that, they will not develop, they will not, uh, thrive. And you will lose a lot of brilliant minds and wonderful people because they cannot get outta the frame. Hmm.
Anke: And that is the same problem though, because I mean, what you just described. How dogs are like controlled every second and every, I'm like, well, aren't we doing the same with kids?
Turid: Mm mm
Anke: It's very parallel, isn't it? So how can we get some freedom back there? When I wa
Turid: Yeah. And when I was traveling around in the US and saw how they stay in crates, they are allowed to take just a few steps here. Uh, just a few steps there, and there's absolutely no freedom or mind or movement. At all. And I saw the result. I've never seen so many depressed dogs in my life. Wow. And people think they are well behaved, uncontrolled, and wonderful. And all I could see was depression, like shut down. Not shut down because that is, you saw that also, but that is, uh, the last little, uh, piece of it. But they are depressed. Mm-hmm. Just like people are depressed, going around, being sad. Cannot think any, any thoughts by themselves. That is why so many people just follow what leaders tell them because they have never learned to think by themselves. And I always, uh, tell my, uh, my clients, just watch your dogs and see how smart they are when they are allowed to think. And it is my belief and not only belief. I know for sure because I've trained tens of thousands of dogs up through the years. I try to count it. I I given up because it's too many. But, uh, what I see and still see is that when you let go, when you let them be allowed to think and find out about things, dogs are so smart, people underestimate them in incredibly bad. They are so smart and, uh, for instance, my, uh, my daughter, uh, I work together with her now and, uh, she for a half a year now has been looking after a couple of dogs. Uh, for some specific reason, and they are a typical example, uh, they are just stressed and hopeless and incredibly, uh, well, shall we say, uh, unsmart in many ways. And, uh, she has been doing what we always do. We let them have a chance to develop. And, uh, some time ago she told me with a happy voice that today I saw the dog think he was using his brain for the first time. Wow. And, uh, when people cannot believe that dogs can do that and control them all that all the time and keep them within these frames, don't let them develop at all. We get this, all these problems, we get behavior problems. We get, uh, what we call. Dog to dog problems. We get all kind of physical problems and we get dogs who have all the problems you can think of in the world, in the wild, they would never had those problems. Yeah, because they would have been able to develop and they would have been smart. I call them street streetwise because they have an. An incredible ability to find out about how to deal with problems in daily life if they are allowed to.
Anke: Yeah, that's, I mean, I actually found like three out of my pool are from the street. I. Hmm. And boy, they know their way around and they know how to, they know their way, you know, get food and how to, oh, I'm cute and I know you're gonna give me something. Like, they know how to,
Turid: not only that, they found out about problems. They solve problems, and they are so much quicker about it and smarter than people are. And when people ask me, uh, how, how intelligent are dogs? And I say, I don't know, but they are definitely more intelligent than we are. Because we do all the wrong things. They don't, I, I trust them 200 percentage and in my experience in all the years I've been working with dogs, I've never been wrong in it. Wow. So, uh, uh, what I want to, to tell people, please, please let dogs have a chance of growing up, develop their natural skills and their fantastic social skills. Because we have so much to learn from dogs in that respect. I think that in, when people ask me about what kind of methods do you use, I say, I don't use any methods. I, I try to, to read and connect with the dog and then find out what the dog wants and what he, that dog needs, and there it is. Very simple actually. Dogs do not need to do tricks and fun things. Adult dogs are adult dogs and they think adult ways. I. Much more than, uh, for instance, Spanish people. They are much more adult than Spanish people. So, and they, uh, we have, we had to see what is necessary. So if I had a dog, uh, the last, uh, the last two dogs I took in, they were adult when I got them. And, uh, I never, as long as I had them said. One command or ask them one thing, but they would always do what they wanted anyway because they are so smart in seeing what we need, where they need to be. They follow where you are. They keep track of you. They, they are family members. They wouldn't leave the family if they feel good in a family. No way. They would. And they will solve the problems that that comes up. They will share their things. They will share their, their time and their food and their, their generosity with all the dogs and people. They will, they will be totally different than people see dogs today. Instead of putting on a leash, going for a nice little walk around the, the, the block and back again and into the crate and give him some dry food. I would never give a dog dry food. Never. They need food. They need to be free. I never had a crate in my house and will never, never have it. Hmm. No living animals should be in a crate.
Anke: Hmm. Do you, do you think. I'm thinking like when I first got my first dog, you know, well, yeah, it wasn't planned move. It was like, here's a puppy, and like it's alone in the street. So all of a sudden I had, I mean, I wanted one, but I was kind of like, he sort of found me and I. I was living in the historic part of, of Granada, so very busy, very narrow, and so it was quite a stressful environment for a dog as I realized seeing them how, you know, he, and especially the second one was very sensitive, very like, this is like information overload all the time. So. Over the years, I moved like further and further away. So now I have a space where the doors open, the dogs come and go as they want. Mm-hmm. And boy can you tell the difference in the way they are chilled out and you know, friendly with everyone. So literally what you are saying, and I find having the space makes that so much easier. So what's your take on people with dogs and towns in cities where there isn't that space available?
Turid: I, I wouldn't worry about it. Uh, there are, uh, of course you have to, when you get a puppy, you have to be a bit careful so they don't get into trouble with some natural dogs because there are a lot of them also around, we don't have them because we don't have any stray dogs. Uh, and uh, so we are, uh, quite lucky that way. Uh, but, uh. Uh, I wouldn't be too worried about except for the, these puppies, you have to shield the puppies. You have to protect them. Like, if a puppy grew up in a, uh, a family of dogs, they, all the dogs would protect him all the time. He would be totally safe. Nobody will let anybody do any harm to that puppy. Uh, adult dogs are f builders. Parents and caretakers. Much, much better than any person. Human, uh, human person. Yeah.
Anke: I, I've experienced that. This one, she literally raised the last one, the last one came. She was tiny and she took care of her. She put up with all her puppy antics and playing in this, and it was the easiest puppy to raise for me. 'cause I had no work to do. Yeah. The dog did it all.
Turid: Oh yes. And I see that also. So they need to be protected and the best if you have, uh, adult dogs to do it. But if not, you have to do it. You have to be a good parent for that puppy. When they're over the puppy age, they, they can need to get out and get challenges. Because they need to, to, uh, take challenges and work through it as well. Uh, when they are adult and have learned a lot about life being, uh, to some certain degree protected by us and had the freedom to find out about things, they don't need that anymore. They will do it by themselves. They will are perfectly fine in, in, uh, uh, living in tight places and difficult places and ated places. I mean, uh, dogs who live, uh, free in the street in, uh, busy, busy, uh, cities. They, they are never run down by cars because they know how to, to deal with traffic. I mean, in, in big cities, they actually go by the traffic lights. They cross the street on green light. People run, they run on red light, and this dogs stand there waiting for the green light. So who's the smartest?
Anke: Yeah. There was this dog who would regularly catch like different buses to go to a dog park by himself for years. Mm-hmm. You know, you would like, I think you. Yeah. This idea that we totally underestimate them was like, you can literal to see that everywhere. Oh yes.
Turid: We underestimate them. And uh, it also has to do with the fact that, uh, human beings, we are the absolutely youngest, uh, creation, uh, on earth of all the species that has been, uh, developed, uh, uh, on this globe. We are the youngest, we are still green horns and in a. Hmm. We haven't learned to live and take care of ourselves yet. Just see what we do with the world. We are destroying our own world. Dogs wouldn't do that. No.
Anke: No animal would be that stupid,
Turid: right? No, they wouldn't. Mm. Mm-hmm. Uh, so, uh, we are so young and such greenhorns yet that we do all the mistakes and we don't seem to learn properly by it yet either. It'll take some million years before that happens, I think, and by then we had probably erased ourselves. Yeah. We, we need to now start to listen to what animals tell us how to live and how to survive in a proper way.
Anke: Yeah. And in harmony with what's around
Turid: the, the harmony in a proper free dog. Family Pack is incredible. They protect each other. They take care of the puppies. They let them develop and grow up in a healthy way so they become perfect adults. And when we get puppies, we make trouble after of everything.
Anke: That's so true. I mean, I guess it's this whole helicopter parenting thing.
Turid: Yeah.
Anke: And we do it to dogs as well.
Turid: I'm not, and I'm not very impressed by people's ability to deal with dogs. All they can think about is, oh, co competition. Competition. Ooh, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun for dogs. That is meaningless. When they are young, they are young and they can, uh, have some fun with, we run around and do do silly things just like young people do, but when they are adult, they are adult and they take that responsibility really seriously. Adult dogs don't play, they don't run around looking like idiots, like, uh, people do. So, uh, my, my mission, I feel is more or less to try to make people see, uh, how natural we can be with dogs and try to do it the way that dogs would do it, as close to it as is possible. Hmm. I, I never use a command to a dog. Never. It's not necessary. If I want the doctor to follow me, I just turn and walk and I follow. That's, no,
Anke: nothing more about it. Yeah. That's fascinating. And so, I mean, how would somebody go about, um, I. You know, somebody listening, going, oh my God, I, I wish I could just turn around my, my dog would follow me. But like say if you have a dog who's kind of used to crate and leash and you know, and you think like, that's right. It's time to do something different. You know, how can somebody start shifting? Uh,
Turid: it, it'll be a little different in each case because, uh, all cases are a little different. But as a golden rule, I would say first and foremost, you have to stop all these commanding and controlling of the dog when you go out. And it's necessary to have controlled okay, have a lesion. So, uh, it nothing happens. That's okay. But you have to make a new schedule for yourself and your dog. Find a place every day where the dog can be free outside. Uh, here in my country, we are now starting to get more and more and more of this huge enclosures where peop people can go with one, one dog and just let him be free in there to, to just feel free. That is so beautiful. It is getting very common now, and I think it'll be more and more in the future and, and of course at home, always free in the house. No restrictions whatsoever. He should be just as free in the house that you are if you are not allowed to sit on a chair. Okay, the, your dog can get the same restriction, but if you are allowed to sit there, the dog should also, if he wants to. Yeah. That's my, uh, philosophy. Okay. So free, a lot of freedom, uh, places outside to feel free and move not by running. Uh, and you stop all that ball throwing and stick throwing. It's one of the worst things you can do with dogs. It's, it's completely idiotic. You have never seen in the wild that they run for the same thing 30 times in a row. No dog would be that ideal. It would never be that stupid. If they cannot catch it the first time, they don't do it. Finished with that. Learn from the dog. They know so much better what is good for them. Uh, freedom every day. Then you can very easily teach a dog to, to, uh, fall of you wherever you go. You can start training, uh, a little bit in, in your own house, uh, or just outside. You walk, you have to walk slow enough for your dog because people walk too fast. No dog has that space, that, uh, pace of, uh, walking. And we have to, we have to do it at the, your own dogs leg length there. Smaller the dog, the, the slower you must walk. And we have done some testing. We take the time when we see, uh, a dog has a very relaxed and nice walking. We take the time from A to B to see how fast that is. And, uh, I never see people who walk slow enough. Never. They have to learn to do it. Hmm. So we have to learn to walk, uh, with a dog, not the dog to walk with us. Yeah, this has to be a, a thing that we do together. Hmm. So you walk out, walk slowly, and then you just change body, change direction and the dog changes to, that's all
Anke: there is to it. And you can stand going together. I love that. I actually all, I, I've naturally sort of done that from thinking like, it's your walk, right? It's not about you running next to me. It's like, we are out here because the walk's for you. So we are traveling together and I got so much criticism from, from neighbors, like, oh, you can't let the dog control you. And oh my God.
Turid: Oh yes, absolutely. That's the best thing in the world because they are much smarter than we are. So I would that, that, that, that's some, uh, myth that's come up with all this scientific nonsense that they are dealing with. That we have to be the boss and we have to do this. And no, we don't. We are stupid compared to dogs. They're, and it works. It really works. So, uh, the only things we teach people is to walk slow enough for your dog, let them sniff and explore as much as he want. Because the number one thing for a dog is to be able to use his senses, first and foremost, the eyes, to look what is around him. That's how he learns how to deal with and handle and cope with the environment. It not looking at you. And one thing that, one thing I have started a fight against, it's a war, a civil war against, and that is making the dog go looking at you. Oh, it is the worst thing you can do because in one way it's physically damaging. They destroy the next and almost all adult dogs I see. I can say right away that dog has had to go and look at the own owner in contact training because they are completely destroyed in their neck and back. Yeah. 'cause I have to kind of look up all the time. You can see it immediately. If the dog has had to do that and they have so much pain in the neck, because that is painful. If you talk to people and almost all people at some point have had, uh, some pain in the neck and it is painful. And your dogs, people, most of you, your dogs go around with that pain a lot. And that is why they start, uh, they start launching and, uh, barking at the dogs. When they go for walks and they get irritable, they get nervous, they get angry because they have so much pain. Yeah, that makes sense. So we need to learn to go relaxed and enjoy. Being with a dog, we call it walking with a loose leash, a smiling leash hanging, not tight at all. Let the dog explore and see and learn from where he is walking. Enjoy the walk instead of exercising. Yeah, so true. So true. And besides of that. The dog doesn't need anything. Mm-hmm. Freedom or movement for health and also feeling good. Uh, have all the choices in the world what to do and be allowed to, to walk, uh, at ease. Having a good time at the speed that is good for him physically. Hmm. And, uh, being able to explore the world exploring is the most important thing that dogs can do. It develops them incredibly well. That's how they live in the, in the wild. Yeah. They know everything about their environment and that's what they want to do. And besides of that, you don't have to do a thing. I love it. If you want your dog to be calm, you just sit down in a chair and calm yourself, and the dog will be calm because they, they settle in and do what they see. We, we do, they copy us.
Anke: Yeah. And they observe us really well. I mean, I have like one on mine he knew. I literally made experiments because there was literally the slightest thing. Like, oh, let's go out. And he'd be like, oh, we're going out. Right? And I'm sometimes wondering was like, give, am I giving something away? And I would make a point of not moving and he'd still know. Yes, that dog would read my mind, you know, before I was thinking,
Turid: no, they don't read minds, but, uh, they, you give away some electric impulses that you're not, uh, aware of yourself. Yeah. And it can be just a little, uh, a little stiffening of the body going out. I'm getting ready. Mm-hmm. Oh yes. Don't quote that one. Yeah. Whether you like it or not. Yeah. They are so, so good at picking up what
Anke: is around them. Totally. And I mean, now I'm sometimes wondering when, you know, I will make, I. Sometimes I'll wear the same thing I would wear when I go out with them and I'm like, there's literally don't bother kind of, you know, it's like don't bother, just sort. I'm thinking like is, isn't that interesting how they always know whether they're coming or not? Even though there is like nothing obvious that's different. Mm-hmm. When you, you think.
Turid: They are so sensitive to small, small changes of, of, uh, electric impulses in your body and brain. Mm-hmm. From, from a distance even. And then people are actually using, uh, their voice like, oh, don't do that. I mean, they, what the heck do they think dogs are? If I, if I would like to praise my dog for something, I would say, what a good dog. That's fine. Yeah. I don't have to say what a good, so, uh, we have a lot to learn. Yeah, we really have. But first and foremost, let go of that control. And when you go out for a walk, leave the treats at home. Don't go feeding the dog. What the heck are you feeding the dog for? On the walk is not supposed to go. Looking at your pocket is going, is supposed to go. Look at the world around. It's,
Anke: it's funny, my mind don't actually, like I've never taken treats, not interested. Like, no, we're out, like sniffing and not interesting. Yeah. Well,
Turid: well treats can be used sometimes when we do some serious training because that happens sometimes. Mm. Uh, but, uh, that is so rare. Otherwise, uh, that's no point. The only way to use trees is to throw them out in the garden and let a dog find them in his own way. And, uh, I must say that, um, I'm not impressed about the so-called expert either. We had some veterinarians visiting here so many years ago. And, uh. They had taken some behavior classes too, so they felt they were so good at behavior and we were sitting out in the yard and, uh, talking about different things and I was started to get really mad because they had so little knowledge about what they were doing. And I was really getting fired up, but I waited to see what was going on and then they, uh, dis discovered that I didn't know what I was talking about when we talked about, uh, using the nose and finding things. They couldn't understand that. So I said, okay. Sit still. I took some treats and I just threw it all over the yard and sat down again and my dog started to to search them, and these veterinarian behaviorists were sitting, they're saying, how does he know that they are treats there? I mean so much for being specialist. Wow. That's scary. Scary. It scared the hell out of me. Yeah. And if we are dealing with specialists like that, we will never get anywhere. Yeah. So if anybody want to learn anything, don't go to specialists. Go to the dog. Mm-hmm. I love that. Ask your dog. What do you really want? Well, mom, I like to go out and explore a bit and there's so many nice smells around there. That's what I would like to do.
Anke: Yeah. I love it. It's, I think that's, that's part of what, what my mission is with Soul Touched by Dogs is that seeing dogs as the wise teachers that they are, you know, because I think we so kind of think we know better and I don't, yeah.
Turid: I got more and more and into this natural ways the older I get. And if I happen to be 300 years old, maybe I will be good enough at it. I'm still a human being. Unfortunately, there's nothing to say about that, but I, I feel like I'm a long way and for many years now, we get a lot of, um, old clients coming with real big problems in dogs. Hmm. And. They expect some very intricated and advanced techniques and training and this and that and everything, and that's not what it's about. These natural ways work also for these dogs, more for these dogs because they have had a very, very unnatural and limited life.
Anke: So they can, I mean, that's good. That's, that's really comforting to hear that they can recover and they can, you know, they've not forgotten to be a dog. Right? So the moment you allow them to be a dog, they can. And there's
Turid: a lot of people who, uh, when I was traveling around that, uh, wanted to test me. She can talk about being nice. Let's see if she dares to go into that dog. So they often sent me into dogs that nobody dare to go into. I, I've been into these talks a lot. I've never ever been beaten. Because if you behave like a decent human being instead of a controlling idiot, dogs, no. We get, still get, uh, clients with dogs like that now and then saying, I don't dare to let him loose because he will bite you and say, no, he won't, he won't bite us. And he doesn't.
Anke: I can, I can totally picture the owners be like, you know, how is that possible?
Turid: Yeah. Sometimes they sit there holding onto the leash and say, no, no, I don't dare to. Because he will bite. He never does. Never.
Anke: I mean, that's the thing. They're so much smarter than we think. Right.
Turid: I trust dogs. I trust them. I feel I, I, I know so much about their, their nature, how they are, how they really are, that I dare to trust them. And so far in all my life, and with all the many hundreds of the, of dogs I have been hand having my hand on, I've never been disappointed.
Anke: Can't see that, can't say that for people often, right?
Turid: Mm-hmm. Yeah. So, uh, I, I, there's not much I can tell people to start doing. I, I would never say, oh, just start doing this and that, and train that and do this. That won't help anything. You have to change your mindset and try to see and feel how dogs are naturally. That is friendly social, fantastically smart in finding ways of the trouble and, uh, street wise, and they are to be trusted Totally.
Anke: Where can people go and get in touch with you and find out more about, you know, and start changing their mind to, to really respect dogs? Well,
Turid: I do. I do get males from people from all over the world every day. I answer a lot of males every day, and I can't help them very much because, uh, what can you tell on male? You don't even know people and what they are doing with their dogs. It's, it's not easy at all. I try to send them to, uh, any of my students that might be close by so they can get some physical help to do it. They often need that. Yeah. Because one thing is saying to a person, don't command the dog all the time. Oh, I don't do that. And when you listen to them, they have commanded the dog 74 times in half an hour without them even noticing that they do it. Mm-hmm. So, uh, uh, they can contact me and I try to help people. I try to set them in contact with, uh, uh, trainers who can give them a little kick in the ass on the right way if they want to. Uh, and. Of course I can read my book about calming signals, but that is also quite misunderstood, particularly by Americans. They seem to misunderstand most things. So, uh, because they try to put the commands on calming signals, they haven't even understood that it's a language. Mm-hmm. That's a way of talking. Um. So it's not easy, but if people want to, they can contact me on mail, of course, and I, I try to help if I can. That's all I can, uh, I do, uh, I'm not working very much, uh, anymore because, uh, I cannot travel anymore. I'm old. I'm not very physically healthy, so, but I do what I can. And I do have a webinar series for, for instance, the Nordic, uh, education, uh, center. I suppose you have the Yep.
Anke: On the show Yeah. Catalyst, but on the show.
Turid: Yep. So those, uh, I have those webinars and uh, I think that might be a little eye opener to some people. And, um, then, so not so much more I can do. I'm, that's plenty though. I'm a mentor for a lot of trainers and I try to help them. Uh. Overcome their, their fear or letting go of control again, because that seems to be a big fear in people. Yeah. What can I do if I don't have control?
Anke: And, and what will change? What else will change in life once we start doing it?
Turid: Do you know? To see the change in a dog who all of a sudden is allowed to be a dog, the joy in their eyes, and they, the way they all of a sudden develop and get self-confident and they, you see a totally different personality in that dog.
Anke: It's easy to imagine like it's, yeah, and it's beautiful and I think dogs need it. So thank you so much for sharing. Uh, this is almost like this 180 degrees, like Yeah, it's, it's. I just love, I have
Turid: a reputation for not being very nice with people, and I admit that I, I, I need to tell them the truth, which is not very nice sometimes. That's it. My mission is to help
Anke: dogs. I love that, and that's how it is. Thank you so much. Thanks for coming and thanks for sharing, and I've thoroughly enjoyed the conversation. Good luck with everything. Thanks so much for listening. If you enjoyed the episode, don't forget to subscribe, and leave a review so other dog lovers can find the show. If you haven't already, head over to soul touched by dogs. com and sign up for weekly doggy cuteness tips, recommendations, and personal stories to warm your dog loving heart. And if you know a pawsome human you think I should interview, I'd love an introduction. Email me at Anke. That's A N k E at Soul touched by dogs.com.