Most marriage difficulties center around one fact, that men and women are totally different. There are emotional, mental and physical differences. We can have happier marriages if we make an effort to understand the differences.
- Women tend to be more personal than men.
- Women typically have a deeper interest in people and feelings, in building relationships.
- Men tend to be interested in logical deduction.
- Men tend to be more challenge-and -conquer oriented, typically why they like sports.
- Men tend to be less desirous in building intimate relationships.
- Women are usually the ones to buy marriage books or listen/read to self help books.
- Women tend to find their identity in close relationships.
- Men tend to gain their identity through careers/work.
- Physically women need touch and romantic words.
- Women are typically attracted by a mans personality.
- A man is typically visual, doesn't need words as much as women.
- When a women feels hurt by her husband, she does not want physical intimacy.
What is Where's the Lemonade??
They say when life gives you lemons you should make lemonade. Making lemonade is not always easy or possible. For us, we found ourselves single in our 40's with kids at home and starting life over again. Luckily we found each other, online no doubt. When we began blending families, schedules, traditions, and laundry, we discovered lots of lemons. Our podcast is a reflection on how we get through the hard times and enjoy the good times on our new journey together, all with ten kids in tow. Sometimes when life gives you lemons, you make lemon squares. Lemonade might come later.