A captivating conversation with Nicolas Colin. We start by going over the thesis of his book, Hedge, but then dive into European technology, China and Silicon Valley, the role of government in innovation and much more.
Today's episode is a fascinating conversation with Nicolas Colin. Nicolas is a co-founder and Director of The Family, an investment firm whose mission is to support purpose-driven creators in their efforts to bring value to society. He also publishes European Straits, a weekly newsletter analyzing European technology as an asset class.
Nicolas is a unique thinker and this conversation is a reflection of that. Some of the topics we cover:
- The thesis of his book Hedge (and how it stands today).
- How COVID-19 is accelerating the need for new institutions.
- Why "How Europe can be more like Silicon Valley?" is the wrong question.
- Europe, the United States and China.
- The role of government in innovation and what we can learn from city states.
- And much, much more.
What is The Seedtable Podcast?
Welcome to the Seedtable podcast, where we try to make sense of what's going on in European technology by having fascinating conversations with European founders, investors and operators.