John Roman didn’t expect to become a key member of the Battlbox team. As an initial investor, it was really the astounding growth of the business that brought him into the fold as a full-time leader in the business.
John talks about discovering demand, testing new products with your community, and getting infected by the enthusiasm of your customers. Battlbox has amazingly invested fans and it all comes down to a top-notch brand experience and fantastic products.
Plus: how a Reddit-style forum can build up the conversation around the brand.
- Customer-led buying, selling, and trading can help subscribers stay invested when they already have a ton of product
- How engaged customers become part of the Battlbox team
- Dealing with both active and passive churn
- The huge difference that a .5% improvement in retention can make
- Replenishment subscription vs curated box subscription
- Looking at brand experience from a customer perspective
- Using YouTube for both acquisition and retention
- Focusing your branding around a range of customer personas
What is Playing for Keeps?
Retaining customers has never been more important for eCommerce businesses. Join Kristen LaFrance, eCommerce retention specialist and head of community at Churn Buster, as she interviews guests from the top subscription businesses to learn how the best in the DTC space are retaining customers. If you're growing a subscription based business, running a subscribe and save program on your site, or just plain interested in hearing stories from the top DTC businesses, Playing for Keeps is for you.