Each November, we love to feature nonprofits who are doing wonderful work throughout the Great Lakes. This year, we speak with Laura Rubin of the Healing Our Waters Great Lakes Coalition and with Marlaine Koehler and David Meyer of the Great Lakes Waterfront Trail & Waterfront Regeneration Trust about the work that they’re doing. Plus: Great Lakes News with Sandra Svoboda!
Great Lakes News
- Great Lakes Now website: https://www.greatlakesnow.org/
- Story 1: https://www.greatlakesnow.org/2022/11/great-lakes-moment-video-game-teaches-watershed-management/
- Story 2: https://www.greatlakesnow.org/2022/11/the-catch-record-number-of-piping-plovers/
- Story 3: https://www.greatlakesnow.org/2022/11/nonprofit-buys-31000-forested-acres-by-copper-harbor/
- HOW Coalition website
- HOW Coalition partners page
- Waterfront Trail website
- Map of the Trail
- Donate to the Waterfront Trail
- Wolf Island Snowy Owls
- Voyageur's Lode Apple Fritters
- Long Sault Parkway
Host & Executive Producer: Stuart Carlton
Co-Host: Carolyn Foley
Senior Producer: Carolyn Foley
Creators & Guests
What is Teach Me About the Great Lakes?
A monthly podcast in which Stuart Carlton (a native New Orleanian) asks smart people to teach him about the Great Lakes. Co-hosted by the awesome staff at Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant.