In this episode, Adam talks to Derek Prior about building web applications in Elixir with Phoenix, and how it compares to building an application in Ruby on Rails.
- Laracasts, use coupon code FULLSTACK2016 for 50% off your first month
- Rollbar, sign up at https://rollbar.com/fullstackradio to try their Bootstrap Plan free for 90 days
- thoughtbot on Elixir and Phoenix
- The Bikeshed Podcast
- Elixir, the functional programming language
- Phoenix, the Elixir web framework
- Ecto, the Phoenix database layer
- Programming Elixir book by Dave Thomas
- Programming Phoenix book by Chris McCord, Bruce Tate, and José Valim
- Phoenix is not Rails by Chris McCord
- The Bikeshed Episode 54, where Derek talks about dates and times in Elixir
- Pact, the Elixir dependency injection library by Blake Williams
- Elixir on Slack
- Elixir Sips screencasts
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.