Darrel and Ariana sit down -- from a social distance (and virtually) -- to discuss where we've been and what the plan is going forward.
Co-hosts Darrel Wanzer-Serrano and Ariana Ruiz meet up on Zoom to talk about where we've been and what the plan is going forward since coronavirus has kind of limited our ability to have in-person conferences and symposia. We lay out the plan for the remaining events and associated podcasts.
★ Thanks to our sponsors ★
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation’s generous support through its Sawyer Seminar program allowed “Imagining Latinidades: Articulations of National Belonging” to launch at the University of Iowa. This podcast was born from the Sawyer Seminar and we hope it will continue on afterward.
- The Obermann Center for Advanced Studies, at Iowa, was the birthplace of our Seminar theme, which gave rise to this podcast.
Links and things:
- The cancelled symposium, which will become interviews on the podcast is: Latina/o/x Cultural Citizenships & Popular Belonging – Imagining Latinidades
- The closing conference should happen in September 2020 — stay tuned for more information.
You can reply to this podcast here:
- Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @ImaginingLat
- Hosts on Twitter: Darrel is @DoctorDWS, Ariana is @aryruiz710, Rene is @rene5311
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our cover art, a photo of an installation titled “El Hielo / I.C.E,” is provided courtesy of the artist, Fidencio Fifield-Perez.
- Music by Juan Ruiz.
- Our hosting is provided by Transistor.fm, which we really love.
- Our podcasting app of choice is Overcast.fm, which also makes a handy app that streamlines the process of making the chapter markers in this podcast.
What is Imagining Latinidades?
Three Latina/o professors discuss topics and interview guests central to Latina/Latino/Latinx Studies today.