Keira Brinton: I remember having these panic attacks every night, but this one, I was screaming to the heavens. And so for a month, every morning, I would picture golden light coming through my being and I would ask that fear would leave. I made $200,000 that month, and it was the beginning of a new life.
Kate Northrup: Well, do I have an episode for you? Today, we have really, I think someone I have never met anybody like this person before, and she just fell out of the sky a couple months ago and showed up and wanted to support our event as a headline sponsor for Relax Money Live. And I was like, okay. Cool. Who is this person? And I got to know more about her and her story. And today, we go so much deeper into how she has had incredibly large sums of money drop into her life in record time. And she actually has a repeatable process that she uses for that, and my mind is still a little bit blown. I'm still wrapping my own head around it, but her connection with the divine and her commitment to follow the instructions that she receives from God is really something else. And the risks that she has taken on herself and in her life are really inspiring, and what she's created is really inspiring. So if you are a writer, if you are someone who wants to get your book out there, listen in. If you're someone who is praying for an answer for how you can create more in your life and expand, if you just want a wild, inspiring story, this is the episode for you. So I'm very excited for you to get to know Keira Brinton, the founder of Joan of Arc Publishing. She is a seven time published author. She is also the host of the streaming show now called Writers Island that you can find wherever you stream television, and I think you're gonna love this episode. Enjoy. Welcome to Plenty, a weekly recalibration of power, money, and safety for high capacity humans. I'm Kate Northrup, best selling author and creator of Relaxed Money, and this is where neuroscience meets ancient wisdom meets real wealth strategy. This is the sacred conversation at the intersection of money, the body, and the life you're truly here to live. If you're ready to reimagine what's possible for yourself and for the world, you're in the right place. Let's go.
Keira Brinton: Hi. Hi. Thanks for being here. Thank you for having me.
Kate Northrup: This is so fun. I'm very curious about you. Yeah. So I genuinely was like, this one's gonna be fun. I have a lot of questions.
Keira Brinton: I'm so excited.
Kate Northrup: First of all, for context, for folks listening, we connected because your team reached out to us because they heard about Relax Money Live, and they wanted to see if maybe there was a collaboration opportunity. Yeah. I know we talked about it on Zoom, but I really can't remember. Why was that Yeah. That you wanted to be part of the event? Yeah.
Keira Brinton: Well, is really important to my heart. I have a passion in helping women create success, and I feel it in my bones. Like, when women know how to make money, we will change the world, and you are doing it, and that's not what I do. And so it was like, how can I be of support to something I'm so deeply passionate about, but it's not my lane? Yeah. And so that's why.
Kate Northrup: I really appreciate that. Yeah. I don't think that most folks have been conditioned to look for opportunities to further their mission through collaborations because there can be such an idea of either or, like, oh, there's only so many spots for so many women, and so if she's out there doing her thing, that means there's less for me, and I have to you know, and I think that's our default survival patterning, and so I always really appreciate it, and it was just honestly so fun to get that email. And Mike was like, have you ever heard of Keira Brinton? I was like, no, but she looks great. I checked out all your stuff. I started listening to your podcast, and it
Keira Brinton: was just
Kate Northrup: like, she's got a great voice. She's prolific. She's definitely serving a similar know, I was like, oh, we're serving the same audience in certain ways. Yeah. So there felt like a lot of kindred, you know, kind of synchronicity overlap. So anyway, just first of all, thank you for supporting our event. Thank you for being part of it. It was beautiful to have you there. Your presence, Amanda, your team member, just the whole thing, really beautiful. You spoke on stage, I loved your talk. And what's remarkable about your story is that there's so many things. But one of the things that struck me was how quickly you changed your life financially. Yeah. Dramatically. Dramatically. And I know you told part of the story yesterday, but I'd love to get into some of the some more details just because we have more time.
Keira Brinton: Yeah. I would love
Kate Northrup: to. Okay. Great. So how many years ago did you find yourself a single mom with five children Yeah. Divorced after twenty years? Three. So just three years ago. So literally yesterday.
Keira Brinton: Literally.
Kate Northrup: Like, mean, that's so recent even though I'm sure it feels like a lifetime.
Keira Brinton: And like what I didn't say on the stage, which I just think is so like, I still can't believe it happened, where like, I left with nothing. So, like, I didn't own a fork. I didn't own towels. I didn't own sheets. I had to go and buy six beds. I have five children.
Kate Northrup: Yeah. Beds are really expensive.
Keira Brinton: Yeah. And there's just like that idea of, like, walking into the mattress store, and I was like, I need six. And they were like, what? And I was like, yeah. Do you have a
Kate Northrup: bulk discount? Right. Like, I need
Keira Brinton: six beds. And I it gets me so emotional, like, oh my gosh. Like, I did that. Yeah. You know? It was very courageous and bold. Yeah. And I am so grateful.
Kate Northrup: Yeah. Yeah. So three years ago, you drive away in your 13 person van. 12. Oh, excuse me.
Keira Brinton: It is the Amazon. I drove the Amazon van.
Kate Northrup: It's called the Amazon van.
Keira Brinton: Well, no. But it looks like. You know the white Amazon van? That is actually what I drove for seven years.
Kate Northrup: Right. Mean, with that many kids, that's your only option.
Keira Brinton: One kid has a friend. One kid has a friend. Now we have 10 kids. Right? Like, it's just the way it went. K. So, yeah, I had my 12 seater van.
Kate Northrup: Drive away. Yeah. And you said yesterday that on stage that nobody would rent to you. No. Why?
Keira Brinton: Because I had been married since I was 19, and he had put all of our houses in his name. And so, ah, no one would rent me. And I don't have a family that has income that like, my parents are entrepreneurs. Mhmm. And so no one would take them as cosigners. And my brother's an entrepreneur. No one would take him. And I had, a stash of money that would cover three months Mhmm. To take care of my children. And I remember, it was like, oh gosh. I don't talk much about this. I had a week to find a place to move into, and it was the night before the week was up, and I went to God. And I was like, God, here's what I need. I need these mountain bedrooms. I need this much in rent. Like, I need it in this area. I would love it to be next to my sister because my sister like, she's my person. And, the next day we walked through the house and it wasn't like, oh, wow. I love this house, but it was everything I needed. The walls were literally brown. The ceiling was the same color as the walls and the doors were the same color and the trim, it was all just brown and I was like
Kate Northrup: Lovely style choice.
Keira Brinton: I don't care. Yeah. No. I need a roof.
Kate Northrup: Yeah.
Keira Brinton: And I remember walking down the stairs, and there was two women who were showing it, and I looked at them, and I had tears in my eyes, and I said, I'm I'm leaving a really toxic marriage. Mhmm. I have this much money in my bank account. No one will cosign for me. And they looked at me and they said, we are women entrepreneurs. Show us your bank statements. We will rent to you.
Kate Northrup: Wow.
Keira Brinton: And I believe they were the greatest gifts of my life because then I had a roof over my children's head, and it was the beginning of a new life. Mhmm. Whoo.
Kate Northrup: Yeah. And then it was so that was step I mean, there's so many steps, but that was major first hurdle.
Keira Brinton: So you
Kate Northrup: had your shelter. Yes. And these women believed in you.
Keira Brinton: They did. Which really helps. Really helped. Really helped. It really helps.
Kate Northrup: Yeah. And then you told us a snippet of the next part of the story Yeah. Which is that so previous to what you do now
Keira Brinton: Yeah. Were you So I had a publishing house. You had a publishing
Kate Northrup: house before?
Keira Brinton: Yeah. So I started it in 2019. Okay. So God told me to start this publishing house, and I was like, that's In 2019. In 2019. I was like, this is so random. Out of nowhere. Not have a background in publishing. I was a massage therapist. You were
Kate Northrup: a massage therapist. That's what I that's what I thought I had
Keira Brinton: Yeah. Remembered. I was a massage therapist, and I had made this covenant that I would do everything that God asked me to do. Yep. Like deep gut covenant. And so God asked me to write a book, and I was like, sure. Sure. So I started writing a book out of nowhere. And then I was like, start a publishing house, and so I did. Yes. But it didn't do anything until 2020, like twenty twenty and a half, like halfway through 2020.
Kate Northrup: Uh-huh.
Keira Brinton: Okay? And I remember being like, this is the dumbest thing ever. Like, why am I why did a god ask me to start a publishing house? The bank account that I put some money in to be the LLC bank account went down to $14. Mhmm. I walked up to that bank and I was like, I am closing this, and I'm like having like these arguments with God, asked me to do this, and this is the worst idea in the whole entire world Mhmm. And I walk in and I go to close it, and I hear an audible voice that says, stop. And so I throw a $100 in, I was like, this is ridiculous, and the next week, a coaching client was like, I have a book. Do you know a publisher? And I was like, well, I own a publishing I
Kate Northrup: am a publisher.
Keira Brinton: Shall we figure it out? Yeah. And so we began to publish.
Kate Northrup: And that was that.
Keira Brinton: And so my sister who also has five little children
Kate Northrup: Oh, wow.
Keira Brinton: She only had three at the time, she's very organized where I am wildly creative. Organization is not my thing. Mhmm. So I was like, hey, You're a stay at home mom. What if I paid you $500 a book? You do all the publishing. I'll teach you how Yeah. Because I had learned how. Like, just do this part. And so she did. And so, like, I flew to Vegas. She lived in Vegas, and I realized like I'm actually wildly good at systems Mhmm. And really good at funnels. My ex husband worked for a funnel company, and one day he taught me how to build a funnel Love that. And weird that I actually understood it in one time, and then I just became a Funnels? Funnel creator.
Kate Northrup: Yeah. Yeah. Okay. That's amazing.
Keira Brinton: And I loved funnels. What a skill. So then all of sudden, I started building funnels Yep. In this publishing house, and we built a whole automated Yeah. Publishing house.
Kate Northrup: Yeah. And That's so cool.
Keira Brinton: It was just random that, like, I was just good at all this. Yeah. So then, like, it just started to take. Yeah. So in 2022, I had begun to, like, charge 24,000 for a mastermind to be in my publishing house.
Kate Northrup: Uh-huh.
Keira Brinton: For some reason, I've never been afraid of high numbers. Yeah. And that's how I had been able to put some money aside. Got it.
Kate Northrup: So when Did you know ahead of time that you were gonna need to transition out of this marriage?
Keira Brinton: Subconsciously. Uh-huh. Not a conscious decision. I was very, very committed to making it work. Yeah. I really thought we could. So when it ended, I was so grateful
Kate Northrup: Yeah.
Keira Brinton: That I had put some money aside. And so when the marriage ended, what happened though, and you know this, the my energy tanked.
Kate Northrup: Yeah. Of course.
Keira Brinton: I had never
Kate Northrup: So much grief.
Keira Brinton: So much grief. Yeah. And also now I'm, like, running a business and, like, taking care of five kids by myself, and also I had never this is so embarrassing. I don't even wanna tell you this. I had never paid bills.
Kate Northrup: Yeah. I had never paid perfect sense if you got married at 19.
Keira Brinton: Yeah. I got married from my mom's house. Yeah. Totally. So never paid rent. Never paid for gas. Never paid for food. And all of a sudden, I'm just all, oh, dear. Yeah.
Kate Northrup: Like, okay. Welcome to adulting.
Keira Brinton: Hi. At 40. Yeah?
Kate Northrup: Yeah. Or least that.
Keira Brinton: So I obviously
Kate Northrup: you'd been doing other adulting.
Keira Brinton: Like, I'm 40, and I'm like, oh my gosh. Yeah. So there's that whole story.
Kate Northrup: Yeah. Yeah. Wow. When you hear God tell you to do things Yeah. Does it always show up as an audible voice? How does that show up for you?
Keira Brinton: So very rarely has it been audible. Okay. And it really was only at the bank
Kate Northrup: Uh-huh.
Keira Brinton: And the time when I chose to live. Uh-huh. Those are my only audible times. Mhmm. But I have a very disciplined devotion every morning Mhmm. Thirty minutes to an hour where I sit, I bless my body with water Mhmm. I call in my angels, I change my cells, and then I ask, what is the message that I need today?
Kate Northrup: Mhmm.
Keira Brinton: And then I put my pen to my paper Yep. And words are given to me. Mhmm. And for me, that is my experience with God. Yeah.
Kate Northrup: That's so beautiful. So some people call that scribing. Is that what you call it, or you haven't heard that term?
Keira Brinton: I don't. I just call it my receiving your process.
Kate Northrup: It's so It's so good. So you're receiving the divine through that process. At what point in your life did you make that covenant with God to follow the directions explicitly? It
Keira Brinton: was actually it's almost nine years. So 02/17/2017, I had hit a very deep low, like, lowest of the low. And, obviously, my marriage was not working. We were on food stamps. Life was really hard, and my trauma came back up from a childhood, and I almost ended my life. And in that moment, I did feel God, a divine presence appear and say, stop. You have work to do. You need to stay. And so on that day, I did covenant. I would do everything that God asked me to do Mhmm. And I have, which is also why I have the results that I have.
Kate Northrup: Yeah. Absolutely. Yeah. I mean, the giving our lives over to a power greater than us is scary. And then also in the end, I find quite relaxing.
Keira Brinton: Right.
Kate Northrup: Do you find that to be true in the end?
Keira Brinton: I mean, in all honesty, and I don't know how you'll feel when I say this, but I didn't at all prepare my talk yesterday. Wow. I spent an hour in prayer the night before, and I said, God, I have invested money, time, and all that I have ever done, and I give you this twenty minutes on stage. And so it is much easier for me. So great. And how efficient? So efficient. So efficient.
Kate Northrup: Then and then really, the talk was fantastic Thank and teed us up so well for this conversation. So the next piece of your story that you told Yeah. Is that in that first month after you had moved out, you found the apartment or the home. Yeah. You got this home, and there you were, and and then you needed to make income. Right? Because you only had the three months to cover. And so you needed to make income to feed your kids and and live your life. And so you told a pretty miraculous story, but there weren't time for the details. So today Yeah. We're gonna find out what the details were. So what happened Mhmm. I think you also went into a moment of prayer I did. Around it. Yeah. Yeah? So tell me that story of that first month and how you made that money.
Keira Brinton: So it was a few months later, and what's interesting is, like, I had no funnel of how to get new clients.
Kate Northrup: Okay. Every new one client was separate, something different?
Keira Brinton: They were in. I had a mastermind. Yeah. People were paying, but, like, I had new I had no way to get new clients. It's like I had the publishing house, and at this time, I had people working for me, so I have not only my bills, but now I have these contractors. Yep. Right? And I had no specific way to get new clients. So if a new client came in, it was like, oh, yay. But also, I have no way to make sure this is consistently happening.
Kate Northrup: Okay. So it was not a repeatable system. It was not. It was new clients were somewhat random.
Keira Brinton: Yes. Random and felt like miracles dropping down from the sky.
Kate Northrup: Yeah.
Keira Brinton: So I had $5,000 left in my bank account. Okay. And there was no, like, well, I know money's gonna come in next month.
Kate Northrup: Like There was no.
Keira Brinton: Oh, dear. Yep. Here we are. And I remember having these panic attacks every night, but this one, I was screaming to the heavens, like, crying and being like, you said that I would be okay, God. I've done everything you've said. Everything. I built a publishing house. I I've done everything. Where's the money? Like, you have to show up with money. And this one wasn't audible, but it was words that moved through my body, and I heard, you do not match money. I cannot give it to you. And I was like, I have no idea what that means. And because I am a medium, I see visions quite often. And I saw this vision, and it was a story from the Bible of Christ and the woman who touched the hem and was healed. And in my vision, God froze it, and then I heard. What did Christ say? Did Christ say, I healed you? No. Christ said, your faith has made you whole. And in that moment, God said, Christ didn't heal her. She matched the miracle she wanted, and so she was healed. You do not match money. I cannot give it to you. And then I felt it deep, like, in the marrow of my bones. You worship fear. And so I knew I had to clear fear out of my body. And so for a month, every morning, I would picture golden light coming through my being, and I would ask that fear would leave. And I began to be just get so deep in this practice of how do I release fear from my body, and I made $200,000 that month. From I started a brand new pro yeah. So I started a brand new program.
Kate Northrup: Okay. So, like You started a new program.
Keira Brinton: So right after that prayer
Kate Northrup: You you got the inspiration for a new offer.
Keira Brinton: This woman came to me for a sales call.
Kate Northrup: Okay.
Keira Brinton: And she said
Kate Northrup: One of these miracle random clients for you.
Keira Brinton: And she said, you know what I need? I'm an entrepreneur. I have four kids. Could you just take me on a vacation and help me write my book in five days? And I was like, of course I can. I was like, I don't know. Sure. And then she was like, how much is that? And I was like, $35,000. Yeah. And she was like, done. And I was like, okay. And so then I started doing stories about it. Like, I'm taking this girl on
Kate Northrup: a Yeah.
Keira Brinton: On this adventure. We're gonna
Kate Northrup: write her a book. Yeah.
Keira Brinton: On Instagram. Just doing stories.
Kate Northrup: Okay.
Keira Brinton: And then I just sold another one, another one, another one, and pretty soon, $200,000 had come into my bank account in a month, and I was like, what just happened? And then by the end of the year, I had made 700,000, and this was With that same offer? With the same offer.
Kate Northrup: Okay.
Keira Brinton: So this offer was like popping.
Kate Northrup: It's also so I just wanna I mean, like, we're talking about the divine and money, but sidebar marketing, really specific, really only for a particular kind of client. So nails it in terms of,
Keira Brinton: like Yeah.
Kate Northrup: The the niche and the, like, talking to one particular kind of person that is not for everyone. Who it's right for, it's so right.
Keira Brinton: It's just such a hell yes. Just wanna say that. Yes. And and and also, I believe we make and I know you believe this, that we make money when we have joy. Yeah. And, like
Kate Northrup: Like, how fun is that?
Keira Brinton: Right? So, like, mind you, for twenty years, I had never had a passport. We didn't really travel. This is also embarrassing that in 2018 was the first time I ever flew alone Yeah. In my life. Yeah. Yes? Yeah. So all of a sudden, I'm like, oh, people want to hire me to take them somewhere to write a book. So at first, was Idaho. Yeah. That was super fun Yeah. Because I live in Idaho, and it's beautiful, And blah blah then someone was like, I wanna go to Bend, Oregon, and I was like, okay. So then someone was like, I wanna go to Cabo, and I was like, okay. And then someone was like, I wanna go to Kauai, I was like, okay. And so then these adventures got crazier and crazier, and then I just you know, 45,000, 55,000, and it was just a real good time.
Kate Northrup: Yeah.
Keira Brinton: Until it wasn't. Then I got burned out.
Kate Northrup: Okay. Well, I mean, you know, that's what's so beautiful about you get the message, and you follow the instructions, then you get new instructions. Yeah. Okay. Exactly. That one offer came to you, and it really was this divine orchestration where she asked for it, and you felt a
Keira Brinton: yes Mhmm.
Kate Northrup: In your system. Right? So maybe perhaps she was a messenger of the divine Yeah. Brought to you to be a reflection of the next path. We don't know. Okay.
Keira Brinton: Exactly.
Kate Northrup: I love that so much. Then you took all these people to all these places to write their books, but something important happened in that process.
Keira Brinton: Mhmm.
Kate Northrup: You realized you have a gift. Yeah. And what is that gift? I have I mean, you have many, obviously, but this one specifically.
Keira Brinton: So, I mean, I knew I had this gift before. It just got really refined. Right? Like, the ten thousand hours still. Right? Yes. It's that I can sit with anybody who's a yes. It has to be agency based, obviously, and we can call their booking, and I can hear I can hear the most important message that needs to be written. I can see the pages. I can see how we need to format it, and I have this crazy activation ability inside of me that when people work with me, they write their books in five days, and it makes no sense, and also it does. It's the compression of time as well as the flow of receiving Mhmm. And also, like, joy. Yeah. So, like, when I started taking people to Costa Rica, and then we would, like, go ziplining through the jungle when we were burnt out. Right? Like, it was just like, this is the recipe. Yeah. And it was so fun.
Kate Northrup: So great. I know. So great. And then those books mostly have been published then by your publishing house, so it's kind of like a great Mhmm.
Keira Brinton: Vertical. Yep. Exactly. Okay. I love that.
Kate Northrup: Yeah. Really, really great. But you did so many of those Mhmm. That you then got burned out because it is a lot of travel. It is. And it is a lot of it's a high price point. Yeah. And, also, it's it's not, like, super scalable. It's not scalable. How many people could you take on a I I ended doing three. Okay.
Keira Brinton: But then there's, like, this magical story
Kate Northrup: Okay. Great.
Keira Brinton: Please tell us. Tell you. So this woman, her name is Juliet Wright. She ended up becoming my best friend.
Kate Northrup: Uh-huh.
Keira Brinton: Like, the bestest friend I've ever had in my whole life. And when we were on her adventure, the very first woman, we were sitting at the beach in Idaho, because there was a beach, strange enough, on this little river, like a lake. Not on ocean beach, but it's beach, the sand. And she was like, I think we should go to Necker Island. And I was like, what is that? She's like, Richard Branson. I'm like all a sudden, like, my body was all, yes. And I was like, that's weird. So we had we're in we were in Genius Network, which is like a network for entrepreneurs, and she With was Joe Polish? With Joe Polish. Yep. And she was like, hey. I know someone in Genius who can get us there. Yeah. Step on step, we get on a call with Yonik Silver Yeah. Who gets people to Necker. Yeah. And he was like, for sure. You guys are our perfect fit people. It's $40,000. So was like, okay. Well, thank you. No. Thank you. I'm not spending 40,000 for a week.
Kate Northrup: Was this in this year? This is in 2024. So Okay. So a little bit later, but
Keira Brinton: No. This was only three months later.
Kate Northrup: Oh, okay.
Keira Brinton: So not so
Kate Northrup: much later.
Keira Brinton: Yeah. Yeah. We're, like, literally just right out of the $5,000 marker. I'm under the same.
Kate Northrup: Like I'm all seeing where we
Keira Brinton: are. This is not a wise decision. Even though I'm starting to make money Yeah. Like, this is a bad idea. Right? So at this point now, because I am a wild scaler. So I started 35, and within three months, it's 45. Yeah. Right? This is how it goes for me. So three months later, it's 45,000, and I'm like, I'm not going to Necker. Yeah. And every day, I'm not kidding you, God was like, you have to be on Necker, and I'm like, no. This is a bad idea. I'm sorry. Come again. Yeah. And then I remember I was here in Nashville weird enough Oh, interesting. With my son at a crystal store as we do, and I was buying some magical crystal, and it was so loud that I had to go to Necker, so I, like, made a deal with God in my heart. Fine. If you want me to go to Necker, I need you to drop $40,000 into my banking app tomorrow morning, then I'll go. Five minutes later, I get a text from a client I'd been working with like a sales call for like a month. She's like, I've decided to go on your one on one. I'll wire you the 45,000, I'll be there tomorrow morning. And I was like, shit. Why does God want me to go to Necker?
Kate Northrup: Okay.
Keira Brinton: Right? So then I'm like, well, I guess that 40,000 is going to Necker. Yep. So I what is this? This is like October '24. Mhmm. I go to Necker April May '25, and on Necker, I meet a man named Rudy Moore, which that becomes part of the story. Okay. He was why I was supposed to be on Necker. Also, I was supposed to fall in love with the BBIs. Mhmm. So I get home from Necker.
Kate Northrup: Which stands for the British Virgin
Keira Brinton: Islands, in
Kate Northrup: case anyone doesn't. Yes.
Keira Brinton: British Virgin Islands. So I get home from Necker Island, and literally like a week later, I get hit with this reel of this beautiful silent retreat in the British Virgin Islands, and God says, you have to be there, and I'm like, I just went, like who do you think I am? Like remember who I am, I have five kids, I'm trying to build this company, and it was like, you have to be there, and I do not ignore, like everything I hear, I just do, even when it makes no sense. Even when most people will be like, you are crazy.
Kate Northrup: Yeah.
Keira Brinton: I just do it. So I pay the $10,000 Uh-huh. Which I'm like I'm accumulating more and more money Uh-huh. At this point, and I go to this sacred island, and I'm like, I don't even know why I'm here, and I'm like in the shower and all the showers are outside, it's this beautiful island, it's called Ariel Island, this red robin comes up with a worm in its mouth and lands on my shower and looks at me in the face and God says, you'll bring authors here to sit at the foot of God and write the most important books. And I was like, okay. So I went downstairs to the owner, Brittany, who's now one of my best friends, and I said, I am supposed to rent your island. What does that look like? She's like, it's $200,000. And I was like, okay. Well, God's gonna have to show up with this money. Yeah. So long story short, started renting the island, and the first time I rented the island, I thought I was gonna die because I don't read contracts sometimes. I don't know if you don't do that. That was before I had Mona. Uh-huh. Mona resolved our contracts now. And I get this, email from them that says, your $70,000 due tomorrow. And I was like, what the it's not for like four months. Why is it due tomorrow? And they're like, it's in the contract. And I was like, oh, no. I'm like calling Joe Polish. Mhmm. Joe, I don't know what to do, and he's like, oh, well, this is entrepreneurship. Yeah. You'll figure it out. And I'm like, am I gonna figure out $70,000 in twenty four hours? So I go to God Uh-huh. I'm like, alright, buddy. Like you said, and God says, invite your mother to come to the island and pay half her way. We didn't really have the best relationship, and I was like, I don't think that's the answer. God would be like, do you want $70,000? I was like, yes. Like, text my mom. I'm like, do you wanna come write your book and I'll pay half your way? And she said yes. And $70,000 showed up in twenty four hours. From where? People coming out of nowhere saying, I want to come to the island. I want to come to the island, and we got $70,000, and my mother came. It was the first time she was ever in my work. Wow. And it healed our relationship. Wow. And she just published her book last
Kate Northrup: write her book about?
Keira Brinton: About healing. She's a healer. Cool. And so that's just part of the magical stories.
Kate Northrup: You are fascinating. I'm so sorry. Find you to be so unusual and, like, operating in a different reality than most people, and I have more questions.
Keira Brinton: K. I'm not gonna keep doing it. That's so sorry.
Kate Northrup: You are gonna keep answering my questions. Otherwise, what are you here for?
Keira Brinton: But not 75 minute answers.
Kate Northrup: They're great. They're great. They're really great. So I wanna know how did that end up turning into writer's island? Can you tell us about this project? Yeah. Because it's gonna be I think by the time this episode goes live, it's gonna be available.
Keira Brinton: I
Kate Northrup: hope. So let's talk about it. Okay. Okay.
Keira Brinton: Great. So first time I'm on the island, renting it. Yeah. I step on that island.
Kate Northrup: What's included with the rental? I need more information. So
Keira Brinton: you rent the whole Yeah. Okay? And that that means that there are 40 guests 40 staff.
Kate Northrup: Okay.
Keira Brinton: A staff of 40 who takes care of you. Okay. You have every room on the island. Okay. No one else is
Kate Northrup: many there. Rooms are how many people does it accommodate?
Keira Brinton: So I would bring 15.
Kate Northrup: Okay.
Keira Brinton: And that was like, they would share rooms.
Kate Northrup: Okay. Alright. So it's not not big? It's not big, but
Keira Brinton: it's also not small. Like, it's it's it's just the right size.
Kate Northrup: Just the right And then and for how long is that?
Keira Brinton: Five days. Five days.
Kate Northrup: Mhmm. And is are the meals included?
Keira Brinton: Yes. And the chefs are like, they like fish
Kate Northrup: You know, just noodling.
Keira Brinton: Yes. So like, they like literally get their fish Yeah. And they cook it fresh for you, and the food is all from the garden, and it's just no. No. You know? Divine. It's all things. And it's delightful, and, I love it. And I was standing on the island as I do. Oh, actually, I stay at the top of the island Uh-huh. In the queen's room
Kate Northrup: Uh-huh.
Keira Brinton: Because if I'm renting it give me the queen's So it's at the top of the island and has a full three sixty porch, and at the very, very top, there's this little porch, and this is my prayer corner on the island. Mhmm. And so this is where I go to meet with God. And I was out praying. It was late one night, and the moon was up, and the stars, and it was just everything. And then God said, you will have a TV show, and it will be the docuseries of the path of the prophet, which are those who are willing to go and ask and listen and write. Mhmm. And I was like, I have 7,000 followers. How am I gonna get a TV show? Then four months later, Rudy Moore texted me.
Kate Northrup: The person. The time.
Keira Brinton: Said, hey. I'd like to offer you a TV show of you bringing people to the island. Yeah. So it's called Writer's Island.
Kate Northrup: It's called writer's island, and when this episode is out, it's available. Yes. You can look it up and watch it at home. This is not like a YouTube show. This is an actual streaming television
Keira Brinton: show. It is.
Kate Northrup: How many episodes did you do?
Keira Brinton: So we did season one.
Kate Northrup: Okay.
Keira Brinton: And there's six episodes. Yeah. And then we actually already recorded season two.
Kate Northrup: Oh, how exciting. Yeah. What did you learn about yourself during the recording of these two seasons of this reality show?
Keira Brinton: Well, a few things. I paid cash for this. So I'm not big enough that somebody's gonna come pay me to do a TV show, so I actually paid for this TV show, and that required me to come up with $1,200,000 that I didn't have, and I figured it out. Wow. And that showed me who I am. Yeah. Yeah? Amazing. Yeah.
Kate Northrup: And was that through your existing business and channels or new offers?
Keira Brinton: I launched a new offer.
Kate Northrup: When was it? So I
Keira Brinton: don't really tell all my stories in a row, and I'm like, I sound like an actual crasher.
Kate Northrup: No. Is fascinating. And I do have some actual follow ups questions about all the stories, but keep going on this one. This is great.
Keira Brinton: Okay. So one year ago, January
Kate Northrup: a good TV show. Like, you are. Oh my gosh.
Keira Brinton: I just, one year ago
Kate Northrup: In January.
Keira Brinton: In January, I decided to throw my first event. I'd never done a full event before, and I just got this download like it was time. Yeah. So we put it together in four weeks as I do, and I had two events in one. I thought that was a good idea. It's not a good idea. Okay. So we learned that lesson. So the first two days were all my current authors. Yes. Yes? And then the second two days was brand new, like, people. Okay. And so I created a $77,000 offer. Mhmm. And that $77,000 included a trip to the island, your book being published, a year in a mastermind, and you got to be on the TV show.
Kate Northrup: Oh, wow.
Keira Brinton: So I launched
Kate Northrup: it. I love that. That's really fun.
Keira Brinton: Right? Yeah. Except maybe it wasn't, but it's fine. We can talk about that later. But the fun part is Yeah. Is that I stood on my own stage in sweats because I was done with my Spanx and heels, and I launched understand. I launched my $77,000 offer, and I asked people to come on the stage if they were in, and I was thinking one would. Mhmm. And in five minutes, I closed $1,250,000.
Kate Northrup: Wow. That's incredible.
Keira Brinton: And I fell to the ground and cried. Wow. It was like, it had only been two years earlier that I had $5,000.
Kate Northrup: Yeah. For someone listening who is like, but how? Like, how does someone go from being in a reality of living on food stamps and having $5,000 left in their checking account and needing to move out in the situation you did, and then bringing in these really large numbers. Right. What you've described so far may be the entire equation because I believe it's for sure the most important part, which is you keep following the instructions from the divine. Yeah. And your practice every morning of updating your body and allowing the fear to release from your cells and be replaced with the cells that feel the vision, that are imprints of the vision from the divine. Yeah. So I think that that is the how. And you follow instructions, and then it's miracle upon miracle, and it seems like they compound. They do. Is there anything else that you would add in in terms of details that people might be helpful for someone wondering, you know, maybe they're in a situation where they could really use a large number showing up in their lives, or they, you know, some of your stories are like, this had to happen, and some of them are like, this would just be really cool, and that's what I love, because it's kind of running the gamut, and that's all wonderful. Like, I don't think we need to always be creating from desperation, and you're a beautiful example
Keira Brinton: Yeah.
Kate Northrup: Of it can be expansion Yeah. To expand
Keira Brinton: Right.
Kate Northrup: And live a richer life and and allow for other humans to come on that adventure of what if we could do this. Right? But is there anything else you would add in the in the in the question that people will be asking, which is, but how?
Keira Brinton: And it well, it piggybacks off of what you taught this week, and it's something I believe so deeply, and so when you said it, I was like, oh, amen, Kate, which is I love the feminine, and I am hella feminine. Every day of my life, I'm working with God and I am receiving, receiving, but you better believe my masculine is so damn strong, and I take action
Kate Northrup: Yeah.
Keira Brinton: Like nobody else that I know. Like, hear and I do.
Kate Northrup: And you do.
Keira Brinton: And there and I live by this phrase, and this is a whole other story that will take time, but I received a message once that said, the space between inspiration and action is where you become a slave to fear. And the messenger that gave this to me said, you are a slave to fear. Get your ass up. So it's like less thinking. It's no thinking. Thinking. It really is.
Kate Northrup: Receive the message, take action on the message, the end.
Keira Brinton: Yeah. The end. Like, that's
Kate Northrup: it. So good. It's so simple. Okay. I have more questions. Great. You said you've always been comfortable with big numbers. Yeah. That's obvious. Yeah. That's weird. That's obvious. So it's just like true about you? Did you grow up that way? No. Like, you know, even for many people charging 20,000 for a mastermind is like Yeah. You know? And and I've had the experience personally of ending up feeling when I've charged a large amount. I've worked through a lot of this, but I have felt I will just say I will just say one thing, which is that when I've charged larger amounts, it often gets easier, but there's like an in between. Yeah. And it's around that 20, you know, when I was growing my capacity to do that, I just felt on the hook. I felt this pressure of like, oh, they've paid me
Keira Brinton: Yeah.
Kate Northrup: What's this I feel is a significant amount of money. Now I feel on the hook. Yeah. And it felt a it felt like a lot of stress and pressure in my system. So have you ever experienced that? If so, please tell me about it. If not, please tell us about how to not experience that.
Keira Brinton: This is great. So I was born into a family that did not have money, and I was born with gold blood. Like, I don't know how else to explain it. Yeah. So at 16, my mom was like, let's go to Goodwill to get your clothes Yeah. Which was the secondhand store. I was like, no. I shop at Nordstrom. And my mom was like, no. You don't. I was like, no. I do. So at 16, I got two jobs.
Kate Northrup: Yeah.
Keira Brinton: And I wrapped this sounds very politically uncorrect, but this was the truth back then. Yep. There was like this spa for really obese people.
Kate Northrup: Uh-huh.
Keira Brinton: And they would come in
Kate Northrup: Yeah.
Keira Brinton: And they would have someone wrap them in ACE bandages that were soaked in some magical serum, and they would work out for thirty minutes, and it was disgusting. And I had to, like, open the bags of fluid, and, like Wow. Fluid would hit my face. It was gross. Uh-huh. But you can make $20 a wrap. Okay. And most people, it took them an hour. So I figured out how to make two wraps in one hour, and I was making $40 an hour. And then I saw that the massage therapist was making way more than me, and so I was like, alright. So I asked my mom, hey, could I come watch you get a massage? Mhmm. I sat in the corner of the room and I watched the woman give a massage, and then I was like, great. I'm gonna invite all of my cousins to come on Saturday mornings to get massages, and then I just became a massage therapist, and then that allowed me to buy Nordstrom's clothes. Yes. And then I actually went to massage school when I was 18. Sure. Right. Which is, you know, why I had that for twenty years. But I I just it's just, like, always been in me, and I was just always like, I am meant for greatness. Yeah. And then in twenty and I do believe, this is so important, twenty years of insane suppression
Kate Northrup: Mhmm.
Keira Brinton: Because that's what my marriage was, just deep suppression. The like, the liberation Yeah. After twenty years of, this woman being suppressed was just like, let's go, like I will charge a $100,000, like it was like, I was alive. Yeah. And that's just like the truth of it, like I think the suppression was the magic Yeah. To my life.
Kate Northrup: So beautiful. I mean, it it really is amazing because I was gonna ask you the question, like, were you always this way? And so what I'm hearing is, yes, but it was suppressed. And so there was a lot of stored up velocity
Keira Brinton: in there that
Kate Northrup: we're now seeing in you. And I can only imagine, you know, if we have a conversation in a decade, what else? Because this has been in a relatively short period of time. You've been creating these results. Yeah. Okay. So I wanna know what is your business like now in terms of the infrastructure and the offerings? What are you focused on right now? What's feeling really alive for you, and what are the prayers that you are praying right now?
Keira Brinton: So, like, I just feel like I learned so much from you this week. This morning when I was on the treadmill, I was talking to, my team member Amanda, and I was like, oh my gosh. Like, the business I've created now is the husband I always wanted. Aw. Yeah. Wow. Like like, the business I created now creates a safety Mhmm. That I wanted and to feel like, oh my gosh. Like, I was a steward of that safety, which is really like, you teaching this week helped me see that. I'm so grateful you taught that. Yeah. Wow. So thank you.
Kate Northrup: Amazing. So you've created this deep well of safety, this knowing that you can be provided for. I don't even wanna say provide for yourself because what you've got going on is so far beyond that. Right. So that you are provided for through the root Yes. Of this business that you opened, and you created the infrastructure for, and then it is it is it is filling. And so are you obviously, you have your publishing company.
Keira Brinton: Yeah. Yeah. So so it's this is the model is that I have a weekly webinar. Uh-huh. Every Tuesday, I just run a webinar. We run Facebook ads to it Yep. And people come, and then I only sell my it's called the author threshold, and it's a twelve week program. And it's really it's not just because, like, oh, this is a great marketing tool. No. It's really important because it helps them understand the identity work of being an author. And what I've learned is that action without identity creates collapse. And so I've helped a lot of people write their books, but they didn't own the identity, and then they would publish it, and then they would collapse. Yeah. And I I'm in the business of liberation, and that's not liberation. And so this identity work is super important, like clearing out the fear of being seen, fear of being heard, all the shit that makes authors not right. Yeah. We do that first. And so it's twelve weeks. It's a course, plus they get weekly coaching calls group. Great. And it's a thousand dollars.
Kate Northrup: With you or somebody else?
Keira Brinton: With me. K. Yeah. Because it's really important. Like Yeah. I'm the one who sat with hundreds of authors. Like, this is the work. Right? Now from there, there's a tiny percent who's like, I want to channel my book with you. And so then they come to Boise, and I rent this beautiful 14,000 square foot home, which one day I will own this. Mhmm. And it's everything. It's like my future self built this house for this. It has a prayer room. It has desks with plug ins. It has seven bedrooms. It has a sauna. It has everything, like, reset nervous system. Right?
Kate Northrup: Nice.
Keira Brinton: So they come, and they work with me for three days, only five at a time. It's very intimate because I really want results. Yeah. So that's 10,000. Yep. And then from there, they can do a few things. They can go self publish
Kate Northrup: Yep.
Keira Brinton: Which we actually have a sister company that I created that is a self publishing model so that everyone I help can actually publish.
Kate Northrup: Beautiful.
Keira Brinton: Or they can go try and pitch and get a book deal. Yep. Or if they want like a luxury experience, which is what JOA is, Yeah. They can come in and publish with us for 35,000.
Kate Northrup: And is JOA would that be would your imprint be considered a hybrid? It is. It's a hybrid. Okay. Great. And who do you distribute with? So we distribute with Amazon. Asking you all the No.
Keira Brinton: No. No.
Kate Northrup: This is great.
Keira Brinton: Industry question. Yeah. So we distribute with Amazon, and what makes us different is that I give my authors a 100% of their royalties, which most publishing houses won't. Wow. I also give them full creative control. Yeah. That means that I'm not gonna go in and take things out Yeah. And make it fit my narrative, like I am the publishing house for authors, the new thought leaders, I'm not taking their stuff out, and so everything is just really handheld. They have a specialist who works with them. Their editors pray over their books before they edit. It's really beautiful.
Kate Northrup: Amazing. That's amazing.
Keira Brinton: Yeah.
Kate Northrup: Okay. For people who are listening who don't know the options Yes. And they want or they know they have a book in them, or they sense they might
Keira Brinton: Yes.
Kate Northrup: And they don't know the difference between the options and the pros and cons, can you just give us a quick lay of the landscape between self publishing, hybrid publishing, and traditional publishing, and which one might be right for which kind of person?
Keira Brinton: I love that question. Thank you. So self publishing is for people who are like, oh, I know I have a book to write, and it's for my family. Okay. It's for like, I just need this to
Kate Northrup: be My granny wrote an amazing book called For the Love of Skiing. Are you kidding? And it's really great. The Love of Skiing. It's a coffee table book, and it has all these beautiful pictures, and it's about her history of skiing and founding a ski area in a small town in Western New York. I love this. Example of a self publishing story. I love having this book because granny has now passed. Yeah.
Keira Brinton: And what a treasure. Yeah. And that's why I have a sister company that I built for this because there are stories like that Yeah. Where they don't wanna spend $35,000. They just need to self publish. Mhmm. Right? So that is for who that is. And then people who go into traditional are probably people like you. Right? You have a large following. You have the ability to get an agent. Yep. So most big publishing houses, the top 10 are usually not going to pick you up unless you have at least a 150 to 300,000 followers, subscribers. They wanna make sure you're gonna sell their books. Yeah. Then you have to have an agent Yep. Who's gonna take your manuscript and go pitch it. And then you are gonna give up a tremendous amount of your royalties.
Kate Northrup: Yes. You are.
Keira Brinton: Yeah. Like for what I know The
Kate Northrup: vast majority.
Keira Brinton: Like 90% usually, sometimes a little bit less, but
Kate Northrup: I think I I don't know what percentage I make on the books, but it's not the books make us money Yeah. Because they bring me in front of a lot of people who then come into our programs.
Keira Brinton: Exactly.
Kate Northrup: But, yeah, the books would not be
Keira Brinton: No.
Kate Northrup: Paying for our life.
Keira Brinton: No. They wouldn't. And and what people don't understand is like, then you have to pay your agent. So you have to pay your agent 10 to 15%, then you're paying a tremendous amount to the publishing house, and the publishers actually have creative control. So they can be like, we don't like this part, this part, this part. We wanna change your cover. We're gonna change your title, which is fine because the only way to get it in New York Times bestseller is to be with a top 10. So if that's somebody's dream, which also, like, don't wanna, like, break people's dreams, but it's extremely hard to get New York Times best, like
Kate Northrup: And I also will just say about that that Yes. It doesn't always indicate that you've actually sold the most books. No. I know a lot of people who have sold the right amount of books and who haven't made the list, so there's a lot of it it's not straightforward.
Keira Brinton: It's so political. Yeah. I have a best friend who's seven times with Hay House, have sold all the amount, has never ever been able to hit New York Times, right? So it's like Yeah. It's it's not guaranteed. Yep. But if that's a goal, that's the only way to go, right? There are a couple of
Kate Northrup: very strange out of the box stories in which a self published or a hybrid has made the list, but it's like very strange out of the box stories.
Keira Brinton: It's sort
Kate Northrup: of like strike of lightning kind of stuff. So Very much. Yeah. Very much. I agree with you.
Keira Brinton: Yes. Yeah. So indie, especially and I can only speak for me. So what we do at JOA is like we're going to help you, one, write your best book ever. Yeah. That's top importance to me. We're leaving these words forever. Like, these words get to live beyond our lives. Like, it's holy, it's sacred work, so that's top. Like, let me help you channel it in and then show you how to bring through this book. Then I want it all taken care of for you, like luxury. I love luxury. Mhmm. Right? So everything is taken care of. Like, the editing is so easy. And then also the formatting, I sit with them and I say, what do you want the insides of your book to look like? And then we artistically create it so it matches them. Then we sit with our book cover designer, and we have them see like, oh, what do I want it to look like? And then we create it. So it's just very custom, but then also they get a year in my mastermind, which is really important because authors do not get support.
Kate Northrup: Yeah.
Keira Brinton: And so during the writing, they're in a group of authors. Then in editing, when they wanna burn their book, when they hate it, when they're like, this is this is the worst thing I've ever seen, they're with the other, like, authors going,
Kate Northrup: hey. Yeah.
Keira Brinton: Right? And then after they publish, they're still in the mastermind because that's when people collapse. So it's just a lot of support.
Kate Northrup: That's beautiful. What a great business model you have.
Keira Brinton: Thank you.
Kate Northrup: You really do understand funnels.
Keira Brinton: I love them.
Kate Northrup: It's so good. I love your combination of, like, mystical and medium and just, like, receiving and taking action, and then very practical strategy, you obviously know what you're doing. So I have loved this conversation so much.
Keira Brinton: Even though I talked like the whole time.
Kate Northrup: That is literally why people come on my Oh
Keira Brinton: my gosh. Know.
Kate Northrup: Now I have been on podcasts where the host talks most of the time, and while that is lovely, it is their show, in my opinion, why would I have someone else on my show to then talk about myself? That doesn't seem like what we're doing here, so I think you did the perfect amount. Thank you. I'd love to know if people want to connect with you, if they want to learn about your programs, your offerings, and publishing with you, where can they go?
Keira Brinton: Yeah. So Instagram is super great. I'm very active there, We Keira have a j o a Instagram, but Keira Brinton is like, just go there. They can get a ticket to my weekly webinar. Right. Get in, try it out, and then from there, they can see if they wanna join any of the programs. I have a daily podcast that goes live every morning called Sacred Wandering, and, I have a daily evening vlog, which is a little bit intense. Wow. But God asked me to, so here we are.
Kate Northrup: Where does that go
Keira Brinton: like? It's on YouTube. And at the end of the day, I literally just talk about what it's like to be a single mom running an empire. I think it's important to tell the good and the hard because it, as miraculous as my stories have been, it is not what I would call easy.
Kate Northrup: Of course not.
Keira Brinton: And someone needs to like, we just need to tell these stories. Never
Kate Northrup: meant to be. Yeah. And I think that I'm so glad you said that. I'm so glad you said that because I mean, I think that's obvious, but it's really important to articulate because there is such a cultural brainwashing that when you make big money, you don't have any problems anymore. And that's the illusion that keeps people hooked in turning money into source. And so obviously, you have an absolutely beautiful, rich life, and also just none of us signed up for easy. It turns out being human is a tricky thing, so thanks for saying that out loud, and also thanks for being so magical and just dropping into our lives. I really appreciate you and everything you've shared.
Keira Brinton: Thank you. I am so grateful for you. Thank you for being who you are in the world. Thank you for doing the work that you do. You I I have to say this. As I was watching you, I was thinking this week, oh my gosh. Kate didn't give up. And I think that's, like, something to really, like, highlight for you. Where most would give up, you didn't. And that's why you impacted this level.
Kate Northrup: Thank you for saying that. I've certainly been around for a long time.
Keira Brinton: I'm so honored to know that.
Kate Northrup: I'll keep I'll keep being around. It's so beautiful. Yeah. It's interesting that you said that. Never occurred to me to give up. There was never any other option. Right. Yeah. Thank you. Yeah. If you've been feeling called to write a book, but just haven't got around to it yet, can't find the time to prioritize it, or just aren't doing it for whatever reason, I have something for you. Keira Brinton, who was a sponsor of our most recent Relax Money Live, has an incredible program called the Author Threshold. What I appreciate about the way Keira works is that she doesn't just talk about writing. She actually integrates the nervous system in the process because writing a book is way beyond authorship. It's about being able to have the alignment and the expansion and the capacity to be with the expansion that comes from getting your work out into the world in a bigger way through a book. If there's a message within you that just won't leave you alone, this could be your next step. You can join Keira's free workshop at katenorthrup.com/keira, which is spelled k e I r a. Katenorthrup.com/keira. The link is also in the show notes.