Tiara: Say, who's your
MUSIC: favorite player? Gabriel? Longest
Glen: Cock.
Dean: Oh, hey, look at you friends.
Tiara: Oh, hi
. Dean: Welcome to another edition of, how Are You Now? The podcast where we talk about everything. Letter Kenny related from Jersey's chirps to McMurray's questionable behavior. We are the toughest podcast, athletic letter Kenny, and we are here to talk about everything that makes this show a cult classic. So grab a peppers, get ready for some hicks, skids, hockey players, and Glen. So how are you now? Tiara? Good. You? Oh, not so bad. So, um, what's been going on Cato?
Glen: Now
Tiara: I got a job, . You did? I did. Do you wanna share about that job? I am. Well, I took a, a contract for the, um, the last part of the school year, uh, to see if I can teach again and if I can stand it And so yeah, for at least six weeks I will be a teacher again, uh, in Vancouver. Right on. And, yeah.
Dean: Fun. Yeah. Uh, and Hello Casey. We're happy to see you. Um, And, uh, she's telling you, congratulations. Thank you,
. Tres: Um, but
Tiara: like for the record, not a woman, it's okay.
Tres: Warren. Yay.
. Dean: Anyway, uh, yeah, and I got my first, uh, voice acting gig. Yes. Actually paid and actually, yeah, paid a whole paid one . Um, so doing, uh, there's a fella making a nd animated movie, 3D animated movie, uh, cop stuff. Um,
, Tiara: no apologies. Needed . I haven't really talked about that much on here. Yeah, thank
Dean: you. But, uh, so yeah, uh, we'll see it when it comes out and, uh, hopefully And then he's also talking about making a sequel already. So, so cool. We will, uh, we'll see how that goes. So, and, uh, yeah. You got anything else going
Tiara: on? Oh no. Do I, I don't know. Do you? I don't know. Well, what am I forgetting? I don't know. Okay. You're cute. Oh, thank you,
. Dean: Uh, and for those who, uh, haven't heard already, we have a new phone number. Uh, the one that we had before, uh, ferta is, uh, has been, got, got gone, unfortunately. Uh, but we have a new one now, which is 5 0 3 4 8 7 2 7 8 9. You can leave us a voicemail, send us a text, whatever. Um, it's also five zero Fit Party. So , if you wanna have a Fit party with us, uh, go ahead and do so. Um, so we have a, another new guest that we've never had. We've been talk, we've been chatting with them for some time. Yes. Uh, but, uh, let's welcome to the class. Truss Webb Truss. How are you man? Fran? I'm good. How are y'all? Oh, not so bad. . Um,
Tres: shit.
Tiara: Well, no, Dean did it wrong. No, no, I did it
Tres: wrong. Dean did it wrong.
Dean: Well, I did it. I did it up. I wasn't able to bring it back either. Well, I mean, I could just say, how are you now? ? Uh, good. You? Oh, not so bad. , um, sores, uh, for those who have not me met Truss before, he's been seen and heard on, uh, our Good Friends Produce Dan podcast. Uh, what else are you up to? What do you do when you're, when you're not letter Kenning? When I'm,
Tres: uh, not letter Kenning, I , um, I sell, you know, a Freightliner, big Freightliner trucks. I sell the parts for those things. Oh, all right then those are heavy
Dean: duty. Oh, yeah.
Tres: Duty. And I, I, in the meantime, I, I, I write and. watching Taro too much tv and that's about the size of it. What else are you
Dean: watching? The, aside from Letter Kenny
Tres: and Shorey of course. Oh, of, of course, of course. Uh, let's see, um, I've, uh, I don't know, I haven't whatever comes up. Uh, there was a 2010 to 2014 show that was on a and e called Blades, and I've binged that and it's not, it's good, but nobody apparently watched it otherwise. Oh yeah. I don't never, I don't know. I've never heard of it but Oh no, it was, there was literally, I didn't know about it and it's apparently been off the air for 10 years and I just stumbled across it and it. There's something else I've been watching, uh, watch Ted Lasso.
Tiara: Oh, yeah. Right. We're not up to date on that. We have an episode or two, I think. Oh,
Dean: we have one from Yeah, last week. Last week. And then, then we'll have tonight's, right? Yes. Because they do on Sunday, right? I think so. I can't talk about it. Okay. Yeah, we,
Tiara: I know, I know. I feel bad about that one. We've only
Dean: watched the, uh, the, the season. No Bear. Yeah. Um, but yeah, it's, uh, it's a great show. I love it. And it's mm-hmm. , it's sad that it's gonna be the final season. He says. That's what they've said, um, that th the season three is gonna be the final season, but, you know, who knows? I mean, maybe he'll come back and he's now actually a, uh, uh, a soccer coach in the States. So
. Tiara: Yeah. Never know.
Dean: Yeah, that'd be interesting. So, what, tell us your, your letter Kenny journey. How'd you get caught up in it and find the podcasts and whatnot? Um,
Tres: The year was 2020. Oh. . Right. And, uh, it was October or so and I had a sinus infection and went to the doctor and they told me I had Covid. Oh boy. And I was like, what? And, and at the time, you know, everybody freaking out about it. I thought, sure, what's it, I'm gonna be dead in five days. So yeah, I'm going out and, but I, I had off work for 10 days and I was just flipping channels and I think I had watched, uh, you know, every history channel thing that was on, and I was just bored, senseless. And I saw the letter Kenny thing and I was like, I think, um, I'd seen one of the letter Kenny. Oh, the original letter, Kenny Problems. The shorts thing on the shorts. Yeah. And I was like, oh yeah, I remember that. That was kind of funny. . And then I just watched it and I spent the rest of my quarantine falling in love with the show. So I was like, this is great. And like any good thing, I was like, I wonder if there are people out there talking about this . And so, of course, like everybody else, I run across the, that first letter, Kenny. Oh sure. Podcast ar, I mean, yeah. From, and he was the first one mentioned it and Al had mentioned it that, you know, he's a nice enough guy. Oh sure. But I don't know he good. A podcast. And then, uh, I stumbled across, uh, the produce stand. Mm-hmm. and I was like, oh, this is cool. And all that stuff. And I think I had heard when. You first came on for one of the recaps, Uhhuh . And he goes, oh, this dude's got one too. Awesome. . So, uh, I, I lit, I come on yours. And I was like, whoa, . Like, . I mean, at, at first I thought it was chaotic and then I found out the most entertaining thing.
Dean: Well, we tried to be, we, we, we try to be a little chaotic. Chaotic. Good. Yeah. Chaotic . Yeah. No, but
Tres: I mean, I mean, it was like, isn't that, not only that, but y'all were, y'all were talking like the deep cut stuff that was. Where, you know, things as far as, you know, uh, social things that were iglide on there and all that stuff. And I was like, well, that's, that's, that's really cool too. That's, I mean, there's a lot of people,
Dean: a lot of people who don't think about those things or don't pick up on those things that we just Oh, sure, sure. That's a,
Tiara: that's probably the main negative comment we get , is that people don't see it and then they hear our podcast, they're like, we're reading into it and say, and say, we're virtue signaling. We actually, you know, have it on pretty good authority at this point that we're pretty on, you know, point for a lot of the stuff we say. So , well, not
Tres: only that, but I mean, if I'm, if I, if Colin calling, calling it fairly, I mean, they don't bury it that deep or anything. No. They don't mean they really, really don't, , I mean, you don't have to look hard to find where they're going
Tiara: with it, but you almost have to be actively not looking for it to not see it.
Tres: Yeah. Right. But the thing that, uh, continues. To keep me absolutely in love with letter candy. Other than all the other aspects of it is just the, uh, the sheer cinematic quality of everything. Hmm. Which is leaps and bounds above anything else I've seen on tv. Yeah. I mean, to the point where last year I did a, uh, a show on the produce stand was, uh, the top, I think I found seven of 'em. The top seven episodes or the top seven scenes that have no words in it. And it's all visual storytelling. Yeah. Mm-hmm. , which, you know, when I brought it up, Al was game, and I think it was my brother who goes, so you're going on a podcast to talk about a show where there's no words in the scene, . And I was like, yeah,
Dean: that's what I'm doing. No, that's, and that's, you know, because that means you get to tell the story Yeah. Of the
Tres: scene . Right.
Dean: So there's a story there. It's just not spoken.
Tres: Right. And, and I mean, just this, the editing, the cinematography. Oh, yeah. And it's, it, it just, it in my little film Nerd Heart just hits me right there. Right on. And that's, no, I get it. That's why I lo that's what I
Dean: love about that. Yeah. I totally get it. And I love how like Buttrey is out there and, you know, just listening to everybody mm-hmm. and, and you know, the stuff that he does, his eye is great. Um, and, you know, I, and whoever does Yeah. Whoever is doing the editing and the, you know, the, the cross, the, the crossovers between scenes and the, just that it's seamless. Mm-hmm. and Oh yeah. It's like on this episode even it's got some great, oh yeah. Scenes out. Yeah. So I gotta note on that. . Yeah. Oh yeah. . But, uh, so let's, uh, let's, let's start getting forward in the show. So last, last episode, we had our good buddy, Casey, who you've seen pop up on here, uh, a bit. Um, oh see, hang on. What is. Andrews, there's a gay wedding and the beat up character called Hard Rate J you have to be watching different show to miss it.
Tiara: agreed. I've basically used that argument many times because that's what it feels like. It's like, how are you missing this
? Dean: But anyways, anyway, yeah. Last week with, uh, with Casey, who we went over a koya on, which was a very funny episode. We had a great time with Casey. Mm-hmm. , um, and finding out about Ting the V and all that kind of good stuff, uh, it was a blast. It was hilarious. And if you haven't seen that clip from the show, go watch it cuz
, Tiara: or listen or listen. , forget that this is a podcast. Nice
Dean: to you. YouTube. Yeah. Watch it. I mean, but watching it is also hilarious, so Absolutely Um, but yes, thank you Casey for making that
. Tres: So, um,
Dean: but yeah, any other opinions on o koya before we move on to, to, to the, to the episode At, uh, at hand. And I, you told me I was gonna have to top tongue the well's. Yeah. That's hard to do. I dunno if there's any top in that, but Yeah, for, so, you know, I'm only talking to my dog today. That's, that's the shirt, shirt for the show. Um, so anyway, but
Tiara: they're locked in the other room, so,
Dean: yeah. . Well, I talked, I talked to 'em earlier. That's true. Um, so , uh, we kick off this episode as we do, uh, with the cold open this time at Modine's and, uh, with, uh, with Bonnie there kicking it off, um, about, uh, at the bar. So Riley and Jonesy and Avi meet up at Modine's for lunch. Uh, Bonnie comes to the table and gives 'em all their new hockey themed menu. Uh, they go through a list of hockey, hockey players slash food name crossovers from Corey Perry to Yair Lagr and Bloody Marion. And. Uh, a bloody Marion. That is Chris Lai with Dill Kessel, uh, Then, uh, Gail finally tries to have them come to a, a decision Main Shane
Glen: courses. How's the sloppy
MUSIC: Joe Thornton? It's got Parmesan Ctor with dice radish for Braa and turn up Stevenson. And to think we were just gonna whip up some RJ Burger
Dean: helper and they , they go a little bit deeper and, uh, there's so many hockey names. I mean, most of 'em I didn't get mm-hmm. , but I'm sure you know, hockey people, which, you know, I mean Canadians especially will get that. Um, but , uh, as the ordering wraps up their choice of dessert, uh, that wraps up with their choice of desserts with Bonnie and Gail closing out the cold open as I did up to the top of the show.
Tiara: Say, who's
MUSIC: your favorite player?
Tiara: Gabriel
Dean: Longest Cock. Uh, cuz you can always count on Gail for a good, uh, cock joke. Am I not wrong?
Tres: No. Yes. Am I wrong? That was what I was gonna say. . . Um,
Dean: so from there, uh, we, we we're still at Modine's. While the hicks are seated at a table. Stewart and rolled come in asking what's going on. Katie informs him that taboo's dog is lost and they, that he's doing nothing about it. The dog apparently first belonged to Jn Pete, the dog ran away. He gave up on it. And now the same thing with Taboo, uh, rolled is very concerned about the dog's health. . Uh, Rosie assures rolled that they will find it. Uh, Katie then states that not only do they, uh, have Rosie, but they've got Glen. Uh, just then Glen rolls out the kitchen wearing his usual attire except for a jungle hat and carrying a poster board with the information about the lost dog. Uh, Glen that announces.
Tres: As I'm
MUSIC: sure you all know, I added dog trapping to my wildly impressive skillsets at the age of 17 whilst doing missionary work in Baro Escondido.
Glen: I didn't
Tres: SN that.
Tiara: It's in his Twitter bio.
Tres: Twitter is a cult. So
Dean: from there, uh, Glen details everything about the dog and how they will find it, uh, using, uh, information that's on his poster. Uh, one of the things that we also find out, this dog, the dog's name is Gregory, uh, cue the admonishment of using human names for dogs. Uh, and a bit more discussion. Uh, after a bit more discussion, they decide they will break up into two small groups to find the dog leaving Dan Rolled and Stewart behind to. Uh, Dan, sweetie Ellen, uh, to read tea leaves to see if she can help psychically. Uh, that's because they're all too mo, too emotional about the about the dog. Um,
Tiara: I am Dan in that scene. , I am
MUSIC: not emotional
. Dean: So from there we go to the basement, uh, Riley and Jones, you're standing in the gym bummed out because they got stood up for their gym date. And after they spend a moment lamenting that they'll never get to know, uh, how hot what the eeze is or how hot their their girls were. They show up April and May they apologize for being late. However, it's now time for Riley and Jonesy to go to their beer league hockey game and April and may say, oh, we we'll go, or Riley and Jones explained to them, that is a bad idea.
Tres: Usually
MUSIC: there's only one clueless guy that'll bring a sweetie to his beer league game, and that
Tiara: means there's
MUSIC: one lone rocket sitting solo in the stands. And if that clueless guy isn't on our team, and I'm finding out who that guy is on the other team, and I'm tripping that
Dean: guy all night. See, I'll know who the clueless guy is halfway through warmup and I'll be getting right in his kitchen
Tres: all night long.
Dean: Uh, the boys didn't tell them they'll give him a rain check and run off April and May are astonished and bewildered that they've been ditched and planned for some payback. Uh, then we go outside where we join the search teams as they are, uh, as they discuss in more details of the particular breed and how they might be able to, uh, might, might hide and how far they may travel and other things that the dog may do while while lost. Um, then we cut. To the skid basement where Ellen has come to the skids and, uh, to help, to help Dan Stewart enrolled with their psych psychic search. Uh, she gives the instructions for, uh, to rolled for handling the teacup. Ellen starts her investigation into the leaves, uh, that she has, uh, she sees that the dog has been injured, is confined, and she sees the letters d a and n. Uh, she then shows the tea leaves and asks, do you think
Glen: this
Tres: looks like a dick?
Dean: So, because you know that, I'm sure that plays something into it. Oh yeah. Uh, we will see, um, from there we go back to the hockey barn. Riley and Jonesie are on the ice, uh, waiting their game to start just April and may enter looking just like a couple of puck bunnies. Uh, we find out that someone is, we then find out someone is back in letter Kenny, back maybe
MUSIC: a fucking clueless pieces of shit, brought their broads to watch 'em play Beerly.
Dean: Yeah, Ze, uh, is right on top of it. Uh, April and May then make a show of it that Riley and Jonesy invited them to come watch, thanking them profusely for allowing them there. Uh, . And we're back outside where the search continues with each of the groups. Uh, more information is learned about how lost dogs react while lost. Uh, we also learned how to, how to react to a lost dog once they're found. Including how to say their name in a way that they are not used to. A fucking
Tres: clueless.
Tiara: So you
MUSIC: wanna give each syllable a different tone? Shake things up a little. Make it sing songy.
Dean: Try it. You try
Glen: it. Try it. You try it. Greg Ari. A Greg. Ari. Greg. A Greg. Ari Gregory . I'm supposed to give dogs human names. Ooh,
MUSIC: look over there. Some flattened down grass in a twisted pattern,
Glen: sheltered from the wind, close
Tiara: to a
Glen: fence
MUSIC: line and look.
Dean: Horses, horses,
Tres: uh,
Dean: horse. There we go. Back to the hockey barn. The game has begun. Uh, it's back to Shorey and chirps of, uh, fuck you Shorey. And Fuck
Tres: you Shorey.
MUSIC: Fuck you, Jonesy. Your mom gave me an over thep pants handy at the mall and then cried when I cleaned myself up with the racy top. She got it.
Tres: Siren
Dean: So, uh, it's good to see Shorey back. Um, is it ? Is it ? Uh, we cut back to the skid basement where Ellen, Dan and Ellen, Dan Stewart, enrolled, are all still trying to figure out what the d and a and N means. Just as Dan gets a call, Dan takes the call, hangs up, and after a long pregnant pause, Dan lets them know, oh, they found Gregory Uh, where now we all arrive at the dick farm. Uh, everyone's gotten together, uh, and we find out how the dicks ended up finding Gregory. Gregory was not well when they found him, but Anita traded, uh, attended him with, uh, Noah explaining only how he can about how it was done. The Dicks inform informed them how they had temporarily given the dog the name of Sunshine, uh, but assume that they are all there to take the dog back after a very quick discussion. They asked the dicks if they'd like to keep him. This makes them very happy. We'll continue to
MUSIC: tend to him day to day. I'm surprised that my wife didn't become a doctor for it. Would it seem as though she can't resist an open gash?
? Tiara: My
MUSIC: husband knew I was many things when he married me, but I can assure you a gash lover with one
Glen: of them. True.
Dean: And then close credits. Next. It's a, it's a silly episode. Oh. But it's, uh, I mean, it's, it's great. It's hilarious. And we l learned something about things about dogs. Yes. So, so, thoughts, theories, trivia, observations, questions that, uh, that any allall came up with. Uh, let's say we got a comment from someone here. Uh oh. Damon saying, I can't stay. Just wanna say, I love y'all. Love we love you too. Demond. Can't wait. See you
Tiara: again. Um, so this was not my favorite this season. Um, this was probably my least favorite episode of this season and not, you know, not just because of the Shorey shit, like I love Shorey the show, but I've never been a fan of Shorey, the character in the lit kitty character. Yeah. Um, so like, there were two things that were big strikes, three for this episode, and it's the, the, the chicks who stood up, Riley Jonesie, and then Shorey. I think I'll get to all of that, but like, I just, I wanted to put that out there that I got a lot of good stuff, but Sure, sure. This is not my favorite episode.
Tres: how about you tr Um, I liked, uh, I did like this episode. I'm with Tiara in the sense that Shorty was just sort of outta nowhere with the context. Yeah. And I mean, that's fine. I mean, he was basically out of nowhere with no context. This whole run of this show, . Mm-hmm. , I mean,
Tiara: the three dimensional character is, is a lot better than the one dimensional shorty that we get. Yeah. And I
Tres: mean, it's, it's weird. I mean, which I guess people can argue all they want about the time framing of Shorey and, and I don't wanna get into that, but, oh,
Dean: yeah, there, well, there's plenty of discussion about that, and I think we're, we are all aware that Letter Kitty resides in a timeline all of its own. Absolutely. And it's, and it's very wibbly
Tiara: wobbly. I was just gonna say Jeremy pretty much like, uh, yeah. Ooh, Jeremy, bear me. I, I feel like that's a crossover that I need to see
. Tres: Anyway, go ahead, Chris . But, uh, it was like, you know, and I, and, and I, I don't mean to judgmental, especially if it's a different timeline, but we, we've seen shorty now. Yeah. We've, I mean, I don't, I'm not trying to say that the shtick is,
Tiara: it's, it's one of shows tropes, like what we were talking about. Yeah, sure. In other episodes this season, it's a trope that they bring back over and over.
Tres: But we've all seen Shorey. The, yeah, the ve the bales off now. I mean, it's like
. Dean: No. And, and, yeah, you're not wrong. And I mean, I think May, I'm, I'm, I don't know if this, one of the things that I said last episode was, is this maybe them talking about these are the tropes that we've always done, and now we're, you know, maybe bringing these to a close, to maybe do some new stuff on the show. Um, I don't, who knows? Um, you know, it could be that, you know, they, they'll keep some of the, the, the regular stuff. Um, but, you know, they've had these tropes for a long time mm-hmm. , I mean, whereas loving seasons in, um, it wouldn't be, I, I know a lot of people just, they, that's what they come for, the allegedly and the fuck you timid and the, to be fair, and Yeah. Um, and they're, and they're actually pretty
Tres: good at keeping them as fresh as they can. Mm-hmm. yet for, you know, and I, I've always appreciated that, that e even when they, they get into a sort of, oh, what's the word? Um, A self-realized version of it. Like we know it's a, you know, we know it's a trope, right? Yeah. And, and they have fun with it, but Sure. But it's like the, uh, I remember watching it this morning cuz I was reacquaint acquainting myself with it. I was watching the cold open and I remember going , this is probably how those people that have no idea what wrestling is about that other cold open. Cuz I'm just sitting there going, no, no, no. I remember, I sort of remember that guy. I know Gretzky . Oh, cam Neely. He was uh, he was in Dumb and Dumber. Oh yeah. And uh, you know, , I don't know any of these other people. . Yep. I bet this is funny as hell if you know Hockey . Yeah, exactly. So I just, I chalked it up to me and not to the particular writing. Oh no, I mean, I mean, cuz I was sitting there because I heard some people. you know, I don't know anything about hockey. I don't think this is funny. Ah, it's probably funny if I knew anything about hockey, but, so that's on me. But yeah, I mean,
Dean: if it was, if it had been football players, I, I would've been probably cracking up. Um, right.
, Tiara: but I don't know if there's an anything that would like work for me
Dean: because Derby players that you've
Tiara: known But here's the
MUSIC: thing.
, Tiara: which era of Derby? Yes, because I've been in several of them. there you go.
Dean: There. Any of them? , some of them. I mean, you, you could probably hear some football players and I would, yeah,
Tiara: I would know. I would know quite a few from the last 16 years.
Tres: And I have no regrets about
Tiara: that. And, and the Seahawks from No Regrets. The eighties. There's some Seahawks from the eighties that I definitely like. I would recognize their name. Mm-hmm. , um, you know, And oh, and some Mariners. So, uh, baseball . I had to think about that. . That's terrible. Um, yeah, so speaking of the cold open, I, I, I love seeing Bonnie getting more into the, repeated into the tropes, like the cold open. Hmm. Um, she's the season even when it's just a, like her stepping in on the screen for two minutes. Like in episode one, she's really kind of got more dimension to her character this season than, um, we've really seen before. Um, so I like that, like helps keep it fresh by having people like Gail and Bonnie doing the cold open. Yeah. Instead of the same three or four. Exactly. Let's see. So, uh, I don't know, you know, uh, I, I've never really explained my process of doing this, but basically like he does kind of a basic script that is, you know, when he's reading all of that. And I will take that script and I will write all over it as I'm watching the episodes and just little bit and ahead and hold it up.
Dean: Show it to the camera, like little bit
Tres: closer, some good note-taking. There's some good, good
Dean: notes. I mean, it's not quite, it's not quite awesome
Tiara: worthy. It's not quite, it's not as good as like a, like an episode that I really get into. Um, like there have been some episodes where I had like covered the paper plus paper in my notebook that I would have to go through. Those are usually. Not awesome episodes because Awesome. Will. Yeah. That's awesome. Level . Uh, so anyway, um, I think
Dean: she'll leave them in my, in
Tiara: my notebook. Yeah. I'll them in here and magically they get picked up and recycled. It's, it's so great. Um,
Dean: I slip on them while doing voiceover
, Tiara: um, when Erin says Yes. Right, right. It's, don't show the kids this, because I would not want them to write their notes like this because it doesn't, it makes sense to me. . Yeah. Just write it in the textbooks. . This is basically how I used to write in textbooks. Yeah. Um. So, yeah. Uh, Rosie looking at Wayne and laughing when Glen says his name. And then I went back and watched the scene again to see everybody. And they're all giggling and Wayne is closing his eyes. And I, I love that because they're all like, oh, here he, yeah, there he did it. Like they all know Glen's gonna be like Wayne, no matter how, you know, calm he is and everything else. Um, I also love that he, he did rolled first and then did everybody back to Stewart. Then back to Wayne instead of like doing this group and then that group. So he kept looking back and forth. He always saves the best for last. Wayne is always the best. Wayne , um, Rollie getting emotional about a dog. What if that dog is hurt? And like, really,
Dean: I wish I could, I wish I could make my voice that high just to
Tiara: Uh, what if he's hurt , but then you gotta be angrier. He was like angry, you know, worried about it. Um, the way Stewart said. Boy, after the hicks said it, , she tried to say it like they did. It was like at the boy, boy . Am I saying this right? I love it. , , um, um, Rollie trying to open up and everyone just like walking past him and going off and then sitting down next to Dan and saying, Mr. Dan , um, which I've actually think I've heard him call that before. Um, so, which makes the whole thing later even funnier. Mm-hmm. , um, Oh, okay. And then Tassie and Cassie. Are you sure? ? Uh, that was
Dean: Casie. That was, that was, yeah. I, I, you know, even though I, I hated the, the, the new, oh, I'm pretty, the, the
Tiara: new ones. April and May. I hate this whole thing. R and j was spit up. They don't deserve what happened. Like, so you admit being late is super tacky. Why didn't you call, like I've, no, that's what I've written all over here. Like, why didn't you fucking call? You just expect them to then, and the thing keep
Dean: going off with you. And, and the thing, the thing that I, that came to my mind as that was happening is what would Bonnie McMurray have done? What would Bonnie have done? . Well, WW b
Tiara: d she wouldn't still be there waiting for them, that they No, no, no,
Dean: no. I'm saying if she was one of those girls Oh, being late. Yeah. She would never be late. And if she was, she would've called. Oh, yeah. So I, I think that's a good standard. What would Bonnie McMurray do? So , I like that.
Tiara: I like that. Yeah. I. April and May . I hate it almost immediately. And like their characters, that's just, they're, they are every mean girl rolled up. And, and I, I'm sure that that was done like that on Pur purpose. I knew Casey was gonna say that everything, every episode is fucking perfect, but sometimes more, uh, sometimes other ones are, are more perfect than others. Yeah. . Yeah.
Tres: A little
Tiara: bit more. Perfect. Um, like there's a lot of really great stuff in here and I have notes about great stuff, but like, I stopped, I didn't take notes about the shorty stuff cause I was just like, uh, there's nothing new Yeah. To write about that. Um, I'm gonna get one
Dean: of them chirps in there and that's, you know, you, you get what, you know what you're getting with Shorey. Yeah.
. Tiara: Oh, let's see. Um, . So when they're, um, drinking tea in the skid basement, the way the framing is, and the camera went around them just continuously through the whole thing. So you were constantly getting a different point of view. I love that. And that's where you saw, um, the pillow? Yeah.
Dean: There's, well, two things, uh, two things about that mm-hmm. That I, that I noticed. One rolled only turned the teacup around twice. Oh, right. I noticed
Tres: that too this morning.
Dean: and
Tres: the pillow just
Dean: three times. The, the, the pillow, uh, on the chair behind Stewart. And, and I'm sure this has probably been there for a while, and I just fir finally noticed it appears to be made from, uh, the cal, the fabric of the, uh, f fa, the fcu. Costumes,
Tiara: the stripes, the, it's got the stripes. Yeah. Sparkly and had the right colors. It's been a minute, so Awesome. Probably is already on top of checking that for us, . Um, but that is what it appeared to be. Yeah. Uh, definitely. Um, . So again, a lot of the stuff right now and is what their faces look like. Um, Dan blushing when Ellen says he should call more, but quickly getting angry at the skids because they were like, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, So he, he had the angry face, but it was like, Hmm, yeah, he's beautiful. I fucking love his face. , he's doing that little Yep. And then immediately he is like, and then I have another about Dan's face. Dan's face when he, when Rollie says that he thought his first name was Squirrely. , but then he answers the phone immediately after squirrely Daniels stop. like never once tells him how he's wrong. Just says, just makes a face like you really thought that like . How could you think that Squirrely Daniel Squirly
Tres: Daniel
MUSIC: phone Qui Daniel speak
. Tiara: At least at one point in our journey, we're like, is his first
Dean: name squirrely? Wait, we don't get any need to discharge until, until we get to the ditch. That is a little bit later.
Tiara: That is what the dicks that is,
Dean: right. You get some dis dick dick charge. Um, dick charge discharge from the Dicks dick charge. Hey know. Hey, now,
Tiara: um, I agree with Stewart. Oh, this was from earlier an another read through, so it's out of order. But, uh, I agree with Stewart with the why isn't so he said, why is I Tido doing anything? And then Tiba doing
Dean: Tiba doing
Tiara: anything about it. Anything. And then anyway, they, it comes back to, like Rosie says, only 3% of dogs go to their owners after MDs. Sets in. And so Stuart goes, well then it's a moot point, which Katie immediately was like, who the fuck are you with? Really venomous. Like, he, he's
MUSIC: not wrong.
Tiara: Like, if it's been five days, uh, the owner probably is not the best one to be out there looking for his dog. Why are you mad at him? Um, and then the last thing I wrote down was, why is Jonesy not securing his helmet when he is on the ice ? Um, but all I could think of you big, right? Right. He's had so many, you know, he's hit his head so many times. Like the, the helmet's just there for show like,
Tres: so.
Dean: So yeah. What's the over, under a number of concussions between the two of them? , um,
Tres: you know, as somebody, it would have to
Tiara: be between the two of them. Yeah. as somebody who's had more concussions than I really should have ever gotten close to. Um, it's probably like three times me
Dean: Yeah. So, yeah. And, and just a couple other things that I noticed from this, um, that the opposing team, if you didn't know, if you didn't notice for the, so, you know, uh, Riley Jones here on the Nova Gretzkys, the opposing team was the yard Sailors, S S A I L O R S. So sailing themed, um, and, uh, no. If you had noticed, appears to have stopped averting his eyes from Katie. Right. . So he, he didn't seem to have a problem. I mean, Katie and Rosie were also right there together, both showing their mid drift, so. Mm-hmm. , uh, didn't seem to have a problem this time. And maybe it's just because Anita was just so excited about having a dog and being in, being in I
Tiara: didn't, I didn't write anything down about the dicks. This scissoring
Tres: lots and lots, lots of scissor scissoring. This is scissor
, Tiara: learning how to scissor from thine mother
, Dean: mothers and daughters in scissoring and swinging and swinging
Tiara: with each other's parents. Yeah.
Tres: Yikes.
Glen: So, oh, I
Tiara: don't wanna swing with your mother, . I'm, I , right? Ugh.
Tres: But I guess for me, on this particular episode, what I really like is, and it was, I, I bet the 27 cents in my pocket right now, that it was by design is, Wayne took a serious backseat on this episode. Mm-hmm. , I mean, he was there Yeah. As some, maybe some sort of anchor. But, uh, you know, the front section, you know, it was basically, uh, Glen and everybody else doing it. And then there was that Glen and Rosie. Yeah. Glen and Rosie. And Glen and Rosie threw out the, the beautiful, beautifully edited mm-hmm. beautifully filmed tracking shot mm-hmm. Of them walking. Yeah. Which, so cool. And even then, you know, Wayne's just sort of in the background, he'll throw a, a one-liner in here and there, but, um,
Tiara: he absolutely was a secondary character in this episode.
Tres: Right. And Yeah. You know, and Glen, and more to the point, you know, Rosie, this was really like Rosie front and center on an episode, not just, I absolutely love that. Oh yeah. I mean, because it's, it's all about building this community Yeah. Of characters that they can draw from. And in the end, Well, you just put the camera on, uh, what you know, Jonathan Torrance and Sarah Wayne Callis and like , get out
Dean: of their way. Um, I love Sarah Wayne Cali so much and how excited her Char Anita would be, and I'm like, she's so cute. Fucking adorable. She
Tiara: was so cute. jumping up and down at the end. Like I was just like, I would fall in love with her. I understand , like she's so fucking cute. Oh my God.
Tres: And, and I really like the, uh, the skids basement episode where it's basically just, it's, it's uh, a trope you've seen in other shows and sometimes on this where you just characters who never. Really interact. Yeah. We're gonna throw them in a scene together and see what
Dean: happens. I,
Tiara: I love that. I, I really love this one too, because Dan is funny. Oh yeah. Playing off the skids as almost the straight man in the room. was so great. Like, oh, um, when the, when they first sat down next to him and then they started giggling and he is like, well, guess I'm driving. Like, I guess I'll drive that. I guess I'll drive that . It was so fucking perfect. Like, I, I felt that . Yeah. Like, he was like, well, they are more fucked up than I am . So, yeah.
Tres: and that's, it's always, you know, cool to see stuff like that and, you know, or was dairy
Dean: even in this episode? No, he was not.
Tres: Oh, okay. Because I didn't think so, but I thought, no, no, no. Nope. But I, I just, I really like, I, first of all, Full disclosure, I have five dogs, . Mm-hmm. , five fairly large dogs. And you know, this episode of course, resonated with me because, you know, I'd be out of, I'd be a Dan, like you were saying, Tara, if I lost one of my dogs, I would be a Dan. There's, I would not be helpful. I would search, but I would not be useful searching for it. Dean can attach to that. I wondering, in a big circle, hoping it just shows up and fuck shoes taboos. . Yeah. No kidding. But also wouldn't just, you know, if when I got 'em back, I just wouldn't wrap 'em up in a blanket in front of the fireplace I'd, true story.
Dean: Wrap them up. I'd be
Tres: standing outside the vet's office, wait at six in the morning waiting at open up. But, uh, you know, I, so I, I really felt, you know, as far as the, uh, the dog thing goes and, and even on having five dogs, I. , they said a lot of things I didn't even realize, like, well, I'm, I don't think I'll ever, first of all, proud to say all five dogs, not a, one of 'em has a human name.
Tiara: We, we kind of, we with Sue, but Sue was a boy named Sue that was a, that was from a Johnny Cash song. So we weren't naming him after his full name was a boy named Sue. Yeah. His full name was a boy named Sue. So. Well that's cool.
, Tres: which, so which one was the son of a bitch that named him? So ? That was me. There we go. Just,
Tiara: I'm like, where do we point? Cause I point this way where he actually is. It does not look like it. So I have
Dean: Right, right. Lemme fix that for you. Oh,
Tres: there you go. . There we go. Yeah, it's him. There we go. But yeah, I mean, just the editing alone on that walk. Yeah. Where it's a single, uh, It's a single basic line of dialogue shared between two people through editing. And I don't know what that means,
Dean: Casey, the money April and May are
Tiara: significant. Why is significant to shorty.
Dean: And then hashtag just saying, I I, you're gonna have to explain that.
Tres: You're gonna have to hashtag something
Dean: anyway, you
Tres: were saying. But I mean, it was just this single line of dialogue and the, uh, of course the, the craziest part about it is, you know, it's a whole tracking shot Mm. Both ways. And it's, uh, edited. So Perfect that Mm, it's seamless. And the, um, the, you know, the, the, the lines of dialogue just are, are in the back and forth, is just so perfect. This really got my vocal, like that's some good editing right there, . Oh yeah.
Tiara: The first time, the first couple times. Well, because I've already been on, on produce stand for this season, so I, I watched the whole season already. Not like usual. We do it one at a time. Um, so, uh, the, the first time I was, now I'm trying to remember , what was my fucking point? Um, What was my point?
. Dean: I don't know what your point was. I'm, I'm, I love it when this happens to me. I'm interested to hear it. Baldy,
, Tiara: uh, what was I saying though? What were the words? , sorry. This happens sometimes. Watch Lovely being the autistic. Um, okay. So the first time I usually, first couple of times I usually watch the episode. I'm not paying attention to the screen. I'm just listening to the dialogue, listening to what they're saying, identifying who's in the episode or in each scene and that sort of thing, and that scene. When you are not looking at the screen, it absolutely feels like all of them are just having the exact same conversation in a group. It's, and then when you watch it and you see how it's back and forth between the two so perfectly, I just, I love how. Was done because it does not feel in any way, like it's two different conversations. It's the exact same conversation. We're just seeing it in two different places,
. Tres: So until it gets to the point where they start Gregory and back
Dean: and forth. Right. . Oh, that
Tres: was so cool how they came out of the editing part into
Dean: Yes. And I wanted to point out that, uh, Clark Bao, she's got . She's got, she's got a good sounding What what? I mean she's got a
Tiara: strong voice. Yes. I would like to, my guess is probably like an alto or maybe like a, I would like to
Dean: hear her sing. Yeah. Uh, yeah, they should do a karaoke night. I wanna see Wayne sing too. . Oh my God.
Tres: Love that.
Glen: What would, what would Wayne's singing karaoke.
Tres: You wanna hear him singing as Wayne ? That monotone, you know? Yes,
Tiara: exactly. What would he sing though? Like what would, what would be Wayne's go-to karaoke song. Like, I feel like Katie's would be some something like sexy, like Samantha Fox or something like that.
Dean: naughty Girls need love. You just made a 13 year old's
Tres: Grace. Really happy
. Tiara: We just heard that the other day and I was like, oh
MUSIC: yeah.
. Tiara: Um, oh yeah.
Tres: Oh yeah.
. Tiara: Like maybe Merle Haggard maybe. Or like, I, I feel like he's old country. Little old. Okie From Muskogee or, yeah. Or like Mama
Dean: tried. Mama tried. Raise me better. Better pleading.
Tres: You could do boy named Sue. Yeah, he could.
Dean: Yeah, he could. It's kind. Its cause it's, it's a talkie. Yeah. Or uh, um, Sunday morning coming down or something. Ooh. Yeah. All crisp. Chris Christofferson, uh, flavor. Yeah.
Tres: Um, well, I mean, you gotta, you gotta think He can't sing any worse than Chris Christofferson. I like Chris, don't get me wrong. I love him as an absolute songwriter. Yeah, love him. But
Tiara: wow, . There are a lot of singers that got contracts that it's like, how, especially in that era, like,
Dean: well, I mean,
Tres: Merl. Merl now Pete, Chris Christofferson was also a, a beautiful man, you know, so, But,
Dean: but Merl, Merl wasn't even that, you know, wasn't that great of a singer. I mean, he just came outta prison as well, . So,
Tres: um,
Tiara: but as much as we love, I think
MUSIC: Johnny wasn't a great singer. It's the stories.
Tiara: Yes. The stories
Dean: that they told that was a thing. And this, it wasn't stories about pickup trucks and dogs and, um, drinking beer,
Tiara: you know? Well that's because, uh, you know, nowaday weren't David Allen Coe now, nowadays, there's no, uh, there's no problems that they have. So it's, yeah,
MUSIC: it's
, Tres: you know? Yeah, yeah. But I don't
Dean: know, man. It's like, I, I can,
Tres: uh, one, I do like some country music, but most of it's just like a constant reminder of, you know, what, you know, , uh, that's not that. I mean, I guess to some people it seems a tad uh, From some, some backwards sort of thing, like, you know, pickup trucks and trains and shit. It's just, it's just a Tuesday,
Dean: man. I mean, trains I'll go with because of, you know, Folsom Prison. But, uh, yeah, I could, I, you know, I could almost hear Wing doing one piece at a time.
Tres: Oh yeah,
Tiara: yeah, yeah, yeah. Which one was that
Dean: one? That's about him building the car is made out all different kinds of pieces of car. Oh yeah, I can that 5 6,
Tres: 6 67 60. Yes,
Tiara: I could absolutely see him because
Dean: it's got numbers in it. You go
, Tres: that's the perfect autistic song. . I dunno about that. But for Wayne it could be. So on the back end of it, it'd have to be somebody. Oh, he could do, I've been everywhere by Hank Snow Canadian. I was. Yes. There you
Tiara: go. I was hearing he could
Tres: talk that fast.
MUSIC: everywhere. Ma'am. I everywhere man.
. Tres: Yes. Across the ocean. Agreed.
Tiara: Um, anyway,
, Tres: we figured
Dean: it out.
, Tres: I have a, I have
Dean: a question that, um, that I would like both of your opinions on Uhoh. Um, so, uh, Cassie and Tassie Jrs. , uh, , I, I'll call 'em, uh, April and May. Um, how would you have handled that if it was you and Riley and Jonesy's situation? I wouldn't have still been there when they showed up. Well, I mean, you didn't know they were gonna show up. Oh, you mean when they
Tiara: showed up to I wouldn't have waited for them. The boys were there all afternoon waiting for their date and talking about getting stood up because they had been there waiting. I would not have waited that long.
Dean: Oh, okay. But let's say you had waited and, and you told 'em the whole explanation like Riley and Jonesie did. Mm-hmm. , how would you handle it once they showed up to the game?
Tiara: I'd have a scrap scrap. I'd have a scrap
Dean: that's a derby scrap on site. I would
Tres: channel my displeasure
Dean: into my game. . See? Yeah. My, my thought on it was that, you know, I would've told Shork that, um, that these, these are just some really strange chicks and they're, they've been hounding them all the time, so just go chirp at 'em the entire time. Be as vulgar as possible about it. , it doesn't
Tiara: feel like, like Shorey would've just flirted with them. Like, I don't see him doing that. You don't see him, maybe the other guy. It's more fun for him to chirp at the boys than it is to chirp at pretty girls. Yeah, I
Dean: mean, I mean, I would, I would've pretended I don't care and just say, these, these chicks are weird and I mean, go chirp at 'em if you want to. They probably like some really weird stuff. I would go with that if you're gonna try
. Tres: Right. I would, I mean, I'd probably just tell one of the other guys, you know, when they start chirping me about it, going. I got no idea. It's all yours. Go ahead, and your guest. Get after it. . Yeah, get after it. That's a,
Dean: that's a take down. Yeah. They're too young for sure. . Yeah.
Tiara: I was thinking about watching the show, like Good point, Adrian. He did, uh, what'd he say? Dibs or Digis, but yeah,
Dean: he did, he did say that They're not this normal. They do look older than Cassie and Tassie.
Tiara: Cassie and Tassie just, they look young though. They,
Tres: I gotta, I gotta agree with you on that one. Especially in that particular scene where you had April and May and then they shoot back to Cassie and Tassie. It was like, wow. They look really young back there. You know,
Dean: compared to, I don't mean,
Tres: yeah. I mean it's like, I guess it, maybe there's just a con contrast compare thing, but I was like, they look like 17 or 16 or something like that. I was. , this is thrown off the entire past seasons now. I mean, this is, this is
Dean: all wrong. Well, it's, yeah. I often wonder, you know, just in each particular episode, c as we, because as we've discussed, it's, there is no time in Leonard Kenny at every Correct. Every episode's, uh, is at the exact same time and a different time at the same time. Yep. Um, but this is 2023. No, it's not , it's
Tres: 2015. No, it's not,
Dean: it's not 2015. Uh, but you know, just how that, uh, I lost my train of thought and got derailed. Um, , I'm not the only one, but, uh, just all the, all, all the stuff that, that Shorey does and says, uh, Yeah. How, oh, and always wondering how old somebody is at that particular episode. That's where I was going with that. Um, , it's like, so this episode re resides somewhere in the universe, um, at some point in time. How old are these people at this particular time? , so like, episode one is not too far. Af can't be too far after high school for, uh, for Wayne. Mm-hmm. anyway, because they're just talking about, you know, th that, uh, they were high school sweeties,
Tiara: but it was like seven years or something like that. They were together. So they were at least, it was like
Dean: two years after I would, I want to say, wasn't it,
Tiara: I think it was a little bit longer than that. Again, we need Awesome. Who does not watch a slide? . Damnit. Awesome. It's your fault.
. Dean: She's a chair anymore.
. Tiara: See, I remember having that discussion like early on where we were trying to figure out how they were, and at one point we did
Dean: settle on an age first. Well, I mean if you look at the script that we got from letter Kenny live for the, for the pilot up. Mm-hmm. . So they all, they do talk about like Riley and Jones are, are 25 or whatever,
. Tiara: Mm-hmm. . So which we're supposed to be a, a couple years older than, than Katie. Yeah. Um, and Wayne was a couple years older than Katie. Not saying that they were the same age. Yeah. The three of them. Yeah. I think, yeah. I, I would place all of them at the beginning in their like early twenties. But we know that Bonnie McMurray was 16. Angie win five years. Okay. Yeah. Five years. So more than high school, at least. Yeah. Um, and high school sweetie does not necessarily mean ninth grade. No, not necessarily. So, yeah. Yeah. A week before
Tres: graduation.
, Tiara: right? Yeah. You know, I met her in high school. She's my high school sweetie, I guess, right? ? I don't know. I didn't have one, so I don't know.
Dean: What was Wayne's dating life in high school?
Tiara: I mean, it didn't sound like Angie was his first girlfriend. Just his longest girlfriend. Yeah. So I'm guessing he was pretty popular with the ladies until they didn't get much conversation out of him and then like Angie kind of liked that. She
MUSIC: didn't get much conversation
Tiara: outta it.
. MUSIC: Yeah,
Tiara: that's my theory.
Tres: Hmm.
Dean: Yeah.
Tiara: awesome would be like, Keso was gorgeous in high school, so I bet
Tres: he's always looked like that
Dean: all of his life. . He's,
Tres: he's Wayne. That's right. He doesn't have to do anything. He does not age right. He, he is the portrait and he looks like that and everything falls into place. He is the
Dean: pitcher of Dorian Gray. Yeah. Uh, let's see who's, uh, Wayne should be the best singer in letter. Kidding. You know what would be funny is he, you know, he is the toughest guy in Letter Kitty, but he could be the worst singer in Letter King and nobody will tell him. Yeah, exactly. No one would tell him just di claim to fame. I mean, it would be hilarious if he was the best singer. He's the, he is the best fighter and he is the best
Tiara: singer. I feel like it should be like rolled or something. Somebody that you wouldn't Right. Expect stoic as fuck on the way to the mic shredding while he is up there and stoic again. Yeah.
Dean: He would probably approach, he would approach it the way he does, uh, uh, to a fight. He would roll, he would walk up there, roll, rolling up his sleeves, have the dart, do a shot,
. Tres: Yep, I see that.
MUSIC: Then he just,
Tiara: and then stand at attention at the microphone. Yeah.
Dean: He wouldn't move. He just stands there.
. Tres: Another thing is is, and
Tiara: this thinks acdc, oh my God, Wayne is what?
. Tres: Wow. I'm convinced there's gotta be somewhere either a recording or video or just off the cuff of Wayne, uh, Maybe as Wayne, probably as Keso, uh, doing wannabe close to Christ and Wayne himself. And I bet as Wayne that would work , even if he is singing Wayne, but
Dean: Oh man. Yeah. Oh, geez.
Tres: Because I may be crazy, but, uh, still one of my favorite things I've ever, of all the songs I've ever heard on Yeah. That the greatest one. I'm like, this should be a real song. Why is this not real, really close to Christ. And Word
Dean: Journal. my te journal. Uh, that was fun singing that on the, on the table. Read
. Tiara: Yes. And also welcome to, uh, joining the Table. Read Universe.
Tres: Table Read Crew. Oh, well thank you. Thank you. I saw, I saw my roles in. I'm just worried . Nah, you'll be fine.
Dean: It'll be fine. You, you've, I'm sure you've watched a number of 'em to find out. We don't take them very seriously. No, I mean un unless David's writing them Right.
Tiara: David does take his work seriously, which he absolutely should. And we
Dean: take him, we, so we do take a little extra care with his because they are new. They're br you know they're brand. Yeah, brand new. No one's heard 'em. . So it's the debut. That's
Tiara: right. It's been so fun doing that.
Dean: Uh, so what'd he say? We get into a little bit of
Tres: fuck,
Dean: fuck, fight feta. Yeah. Uh, it's one of my favorite games I'm gonna allow. This is the part I'm most excited.
. Tres: Yeah. Yeah. Uh,
Dean: so for anyone who doesn't know what Fight, fuck, fight Feta is, fuck. Fight Feta is our version of, uh, fuck Mary Kill. Except we don't want to kill anybody. We, we definitely want to do some fighting. Uh, but, and we don't really wanna marry anybody. Nobody, nobody, aside from the McMurray's get married, uh, , maybe Wayne Wonder, maybe. Um, but , I love Aaron. Um, but anyway, so, uh, what we do is we, we we're either gonna fuck 'em, we're gonna fight 'em, or they're our buddies and we say feta. Uh, so. As we like to do, we're, uh, and, uh, caveats up front. Uh, assuming you swing that way and all those consensual, that's how these are, that that's how these are going. Uh, usually we try, try to focus on just this particular episode, but if, but it's your first time. If, if you wish, you can choose at any particular time how you overall feel about them. So we don't care either way. Yeah, we will choose for the particular episode, but you are free to do as you wish. Uh, but as we like to do, we will start with Wayne.
Tiara: Wayne. Wayne's kind of easy in this one cuz he didn't do much like ferta all the way, you know, he's just, he's a background character in this one. Sure.
Tres: Uh, I'm going to say fight
Dean: then. Ferta. Fight then
Tiara: Ferta. That's how you make
Dean: friends with Wayne . That's how you make clearance with Wayne. Yeah. There you go. All right. Um, yeah, I, for this one, you know, I, yeah, he's just, he's, he is a feta for me. Um, but. . That's okay. Yeah. Uh, there's sometimes where I, where I will d downright get after him, but not in this one. Uh, Katie
Tiara: Katie's also kind of just a background character in this one. I bet she's, I think she's a, a little bit more vocal, but Right. She's probably got a few more lines, but Yeah. But like, sh the, the main focus of this episode was definitely not the main characters. No, definitely not. So, Isaac Verta, there's not Okay. Other than like at the end where she's cute and says that the dicks can keep the dog. Like, I can't think
Tres: of, yeah. Yeah. No, you're good Jess. Um, for me, uh, in a strict. argument in a vocal way. , I would probably fight Katie because she was mean as Stewart.
Dean: Dig it, you know, dig it. And that's one of the things that, uh, has kind of carried over and is very apparent this season is just Katie hates things. Yeah. . That seems to be her job. Yeah. With, um, with Vim and Vigor. Yeah. Um, so yeah, I, I'll give her a fur to this one. Um, I mean, I, I'm talking to, I, yeah. I could give her a talking to, uh, but she wouldn't than care. She would just talking to, she, she would just hate me about it. Yep. Uh, Dan Daniels, Daniel, Mr. Squirrley Daniels,
Tiara: he wasn't dumb to suggest his sweetie, like sh Ellen totally did read those, those leaves. Mm-hmm. . And so it wasn't, you know, a completely weird
MUSIC: suggestion. Mm-hmm. , um,
Tiara: I'm gonna stick with Ferta. All right. Um, the whole exchange about his name though is just like . I There, there's this part of me that's like, I wanna finish that conversation. I want, I wanna know, Dan, what is your last name? . What is your last name? What is
Dean: it? That's, that's one of those tropes. You're never gonna know what the last name is. Never,
Tiara: ever,
Tres: uh, Dan And this one. Mostly because I love seeing Dan out, out of the co outside the context of the Hicks. Yeah. And uh, probably one of the only other times I thought this was on Valentine's Day. But I'd have to fuck Dan. Yeah, yeah.
Dean: I'm with you. I'm
Tiara: with you. I bet he gives really good hugs and snuggles.
Dean: Oh, oh yeah. He would. He, he would. Totally. I mean, if you were his little spoon Oh,
. Tiara: Oh, I'd be so comfy.
. Tres: Oh, what was that line where he goes, how would I do there? Well, dear, you'd probably do Okay. How would I do? You do great
Dean: there. Um, and yeah,
Tres: Dan.
Dean: Yeah. Oh yeah, Dan. Sure.
Tres: Uh, Rosie.
Tiara: I like that we get more of Rosie. Mm-hmm. . I like that they bring back, um, the pit bull rescue that she worked when she left Wayne the last time. And you're a great fucking gal, Rosie, right? . Um, and she really is, she's a really great fucking gal and like, You know, my brain, I'm literally like, but like probably monogamous with Wayne.
Dean: So I'm saying as assuming everything.
Tiara: Assuming consent. Yes. Assuming consent. Like, I'd, I'd be down with her. All right. Absolutely. All right. Like, she's cute as fuck when she's looking for that dog. I love. Yep. Singing, like, can feel like I can talk her into karaoke. Like, let's do it
Tres: Jess. I could not get naked fast enough. That's
Tiara: Dean's answer too.
. Dean: I mean, I, I would be like, uh, uh, uh, Bruce Almighty
. Tres: Oh, no, no, no. I mean, for me, uh, uh, loving and caring for a dog is, oh
Tiara: yeah, it really is. Can
Dean: confirm. Uh, Gaylor
Tiara: Ferta, she only had the one scene True. It was great. It was, I'm sure it was h Larry's hockey players. Same boat as you trace. Like I, I don't know. I knew like two of those names, but I knew it was funny. They were names. Who's your favorite player? Gabriel? Longest cock right there. Yeah. Sofer it for me. All right.
Tres: Trust. Uh, I've always said about Gail that I would. I'm, I'm fearful. Mm-hmm. , but my curiosity would get the better of me. Uhhuh. . All
Dean: right. . Like, you're gonna learn something every time. New, every, every time with Yeah. Exactly. Yeah. And I'm, I, uh, I should
Tres: say no, but I don't know if I
Dean: can . Yeah. Um, I already said yes in, in, uh, in episode one, just because I, and I, because on that one, I just, she had the moves and I would get, and she had some control in that one too. I mean, she had Yeah. Controlled moves, which Yeah. Mm-hmm. . Yeah. I'm with that. But this episode, eh, I, yeah. But yeah. Uh, but yeah, I, under, I, I totally get what you're saying there. Uh, Bonnie,
Tiara: same as Gail for me. Verta. Yeah. Really loves seeing more of Bonnie. I know I said that already. Yeah. Um, Yeah, I'm, I'm always happy when she has more than like one
Dean: line. She Yeah, she is, she's definitely maturing a lot. Mm-hmm. in her role. And,
Tiara: uh, I like the snarkiness she's bringing Yes. To the character. Yes. Without it being angry like Katie. Yes.
Dean: She's got some good sarcasm. Yes.
. Tres: I, I, I do kind of like, at this point with, uh, Bonnie, especially when you noticed it at the end of, uh, chips mm-hmm. is, they're, they're kind of looking at Bonnie as like the lone voice of reason sometimes. Yes. A little
Dean: bit. Yeah. Agreed.
Tres: And it's like, and, and in that, and in that instance, like feta, I mean, I want somebody to, if I was there sooner, going, are these people crazy
Dean: and have her
Tres: explain to me No, but , yeah. Yeah,
Dean: yeah, yeah. I'm, I'm, yeah. Feta for me on this one as well. Uh, plan
MUSIC: Um,
Dean: Really taking that. What do you,
Tiara: what do you So I'm, I'm gonna say feta, but the reason why I'm like, huh? Is because my brain was basically saying the same things I was saying about Rosie. Whereas like, I like the, the, the enthusiasm we had for saving the dog and like the singing was fun and, you know, all of that. And, but it's still feta. All right. It's still
Dean: feta. I mean, was it potentially a fuck almost? Yeah. Kinda maybe. All right. Okay. Well that's fine.
Tres: He did find the dog deal. He did.
Tiara: He did. He he did. He absolutely did.
. . Tres: If you, if you need, swing you one way or the
Dean: other? Horses,
. Tres: Oh,
Tiara: horses. Also the horses. This is actually something I didn't go back and look, look at, but I was, was horses mentioned more than once before Wayne said it? Yes. Cause I know Ellen said it. Yeah, but Wayne wasn't in the room when Ellen said it was. It said before that. Yeah, it was when they were,
Dean: yeah, they were talking about they
Tiara: be near horses. I missed that every time then because I was like, wait, wait.
Dean: No, it wasn't, it wasn't just him in the same room. It wasn't just cuz he liked horses. So
Tiara: like me driving my horses, I have to say horse
Tres: uh, for Glen, I'll say this much. I have, I have thought all three about him at one point or another. Mm-hmm. . But in this one, you know, it's Verta cuz my man's out looking for dogs, you know? Yeah, yeah. I agree. He's giving it his all and he's, he's put the time in and the effort and,
Tiara: and it's important to him and something that he is proud that he can do.
Tres: Yeah. At that point, all you wanna do is support somebody and say, you go get it, Lynn Glen.
Glen: Yep. You can do it.
Tiara: And his best and his buddy, his good buddy Wayne's gone with him. His good buddy
Tres: Wayne. His bestie , his new bestie. His new bestie, his new bestie that didn't last long. go
Tiara: to bestie every week.
Dean: Uh, Stuart
Tiara: Feta. He did not deserve getting yelled at by Katie, but the rest of it was just comedy.
, . Dean: All right. Dress,
Tres: uh, Stewart, I'm gonna go with feta. I mean, there are times that I've wanted to fight him, but Yeah. Not this time. And like Tiara said, that, that that was me. It
Tiara: was over, it was over the top. It was
Tres: humble. Necessary point. Yeah.
. Dean: Yeah. That's to that I would've expected Ro to go, Hey,
Tres: bitch.
. Tiara: Right. . Right. Unlike the last episode.
Dean: However, in that instance, Wayne would've probably gotten up. . Yeah. And that would've been trouble. Um, uh, rolly.
Tres: Fuck.
Tiara: All right. He was very concerned for the wellbeing of that dog. is very concerning. He was, and he was really excited about psychic stuff and drinking the tea and his facial expressions while he is drinking the tea. And he's even when he got it wrong and only did two instead of three magic
MUSIC: or something. Right? ? Yes.
Tres: Uh, rolled, uh, fur only because, uh, if I was there in the same situation, I would be a basket case, just like rolled was mm-hmm. . And I would like, let's just hang out here and freak out together.
. Dean: Yeah. I, I think I'm fur on rolled as well.
Tiara: Um, I always wanna just like, put him in my pocket, you know, just keep him safe.
Dean: All right. Um, Ellen? Ellen
Tiara: Verta. All right. She was only in the, in the, in the tea leaves this time. Really? And yeah, while it was two scenes, it was clever. Yeah. It didn't do much for me, but I do, I do like that. She, that what I was saying about, um, how she mentioned love bit of Dan, you know, cold her more and
MUSIC: sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, love.
Tres: Yeah. Jess,
Dean: I got a spot for her finger. All
Tres: right. . Oh, yeah. Okay. No, I mean, she's, yeah. No, but every time she comes on, it's always so random. Mm-hmm. almost. Mm-hmm. , you know, apropo of nothing. But she always kills it when she's there. And I mean, part of you, she goes, my sweetie Ellens, you know, reads tea leaves. Of course she does. Yes. . And then she, and, and when you get to the scene, it's like, well, she apparently knows what she's doing with this tea leave reading thing. . Another, you know, layer to the, you know Ellen? Mm-hmm. , and it's like, I really, I don't know. I've always just thought she was super pretty and Oh yeah. Very super cool and apparently super smart. Mm-hmm.
Dean: and, and she gives massages. Yes,
Tres: dude,
Tiara: I forgot about that. Mm. That might put it over to, to fuck for
MUSIC: me,
. Tres: I need a massage. My neck, like I said, I know where she can put the finger.
Dean: There you
Tres: go. . Dig it.
Dean: Maybe two. Um, ri and Jonesie,
Tres: that's
Tiara: Riley did, did not deserve what they got in this episode.
Dean: Nope. And they tried. They were, they they were, they tried to be nice about it. Yeah. They were patient. They were, they were, they, they un they understood their, but they, and they explained, you know, why they couldn't do that. I mean, the, there's a, it's, you know, sports teams, sports things have their rituals and their superstitions mm-hmm. And, um, and, and as we know, Riley and Jonesy are not the most with it folks, um, as far as it comes to being able to handle emotions, especially while they're playing. So, you know, I understand, you know, that we can't, I, I can't. I'm playing a game and I need to focus on the game. And I hope you understand that because you were fucking late and you didn't call, uh, and I'm not calling you out on that, and I'm not even saying a thing. Right.
Tiara: They didn't say a damn thing. They were just like, yeah,
Tres: no, they, they completely explained it. Yeah. You know, and like, even, even when they were saying it, they, you almost got the, the sense they were saying, look, yes, we know it's dumb. Yeah, yeah. Mm-hmm. , this, this is how it is, and almost thank you for understanding. Mm-hmm. , but they apparently didn't, and then they showed up and it's like they weren't mean about it. Like, they weren't saying like, fuck no, you ain't coming to our game. They were like, you know, look, here's how it works. Yep. And they just, Took it super personally,
Dean: and yeah, they came all the way from city. The boys didn't deserve that. You know what if, if, if you're saying you came all the way from the city, maybe you should have fucking
Tiara: called right . Right? Like if your brother's late with the car and you can't leave the city until you get the car, call the people you're gonna meet and say, Hey, I don't have the car yet. Can we reschedule? Sure. Yeah. Or exactly. Can we meet up later and the boys can now we got plans for later, but we can do this another day. Yeah. And then everybody's happy, but they were rude and they, you didn't to be, didn't have manners, didn't have to be a dick about it. Right. So like, I still say feta because those boys share brain cells, And I do not that. Mm. They just, they still wa they're like walking STDs to me. I can't do it.
. Dean: That's proven. Would you fuck? But would you, would you fuck Dax
Tiara: and Ron? Um, probably . And they are, they do not share a brain cells. They are both in, usually with brains, but they, but
Dean: they're
Tiara: also walking. Absolutely.
MUSIC: Walking.
Tiara: Yes. But they, they go to the doctor about it and take their medicine and stuff. So I'm not shaming anybody unless with those boys, I am shaming them. I should say that because
, Dean: anyway, trust me, it's not like
Tres: there's not a ton of research out there guys. Right.
Dean: They have a hard time focusing on the puck.
Tres: Uh, let's see. Uh, Riley and Jonesy. Yeah, Verta, you just, you just wanna pull 'em over to the side and go, guys,
Dean: guys, my dudes, my dudes, my dudes. This is,
Tres: this is probably just gonna go bad or worse. So,
Dean: I, I
Tres: think I probably not, don't read anything into it. You just feel bad for 'em because Yeah, they did it right? I mean, yeah, they did. It was a bad situation. They explained themselves as only Riley and Jonesie can and the girls just went ham on 'em and it's like, wait a fucking minute. They
Tiara: kind of said themselves from a couple, cus Really? Yeah.
, Tres: don't be a cunt. Oh yeah.
Dean: Berta. Yeah. Uh, all right. And I think I know where we're all gonna be on this one. April and May. I'm putting them together too.
Tiara: Fight those bitches. man. I will plump up her lips for free.
Dean: with a headbutt. Boom.
. Tres: And I would, I would corral them so Tiara could fight them. and. Over
Dean: here. Over here, over here, over
Tres: here. . Get him. Tiara . He's bouncing his by. Always cold. You always cold.
. Dean: That's why you always leave a out. Give a note. Yep.
Tres: Tiara over there. Teaching lessons with fists at the same time. Yep.
. Tiara: That would be actually be really fun. So we're all fighting them because I'd throw like two punches and then my elbow would go out and I would be disabled for a while.
. Dean: All right. Um, also, uh, has it been in, wasn't in much, but Avi Oh,
Tiara: right, right. He was in the opener. Yeah. Um, it's good to see him back feta. Hope to see more of Avi. Yeah. I like Avi
Tres: Berta. Definitely. Yeah. I like, I like him as a new character. I hope they keep working him in.
Dean: Yeah. And nice guy too. Um,
Tiara: Dan have a rush. And I like that they're bringing back characters that we've only seen a couple times, like him and like Ellen and, yeah, like it's, it's this, this. Show is such a great collaborative show with such great characters that the more they bring in, the better, not the worse, like in other shows, honestly. Hmm. Like it's just adding to the richness of, of the story and Yeah.
Tres: And the characters are, are being established so well for Yeah. How, uh, you know, small a piece of the show that they're on. Right. You know, I mean, I'm trying to think of someone who's done more with, with Less than Avi, you know? Mm-hmm. Um, mean this be a, this is the second episode,
Tiara: I think with Avi, is that right? This is the second time we've seen Avi or the third.
Tres: There
Dean: will be a third, there will be good. Yeah. Right, right. There's there's one
Tiara: more this season. Yeah.
Glen: Yeah.
Tres: But yeah, I mean, I realize he got basically his, his whole on own show last season, but mm-hmm. , you. It was a good show. The, it was fun. The way, the way, the way it was treated this season was like, oh yeah, it's Avi Cool. Yeah,
. Dean: Of course he's with
Tres: him,
Tiara: right? Yeah, absolutely.
Tres: They don't make it a whole thing anymore. It's, and, and, and the same way with the Dicks kind of after three completely dick centric episodes, , they've settled in. Yeah, that sounded funny. , they've, they've
Tiara: got some good jokes now without it being so overboard like Shorey, when we're tired of it. Yeah. And there's,
Dean: and there's new ones and Yeah. Yeah. They, they, they
Tiara: keep coming up with new dicks, right. Yeah.
Tres: And it works good as a, a part of an episode. Yeah. I think it's, it's, I think even they realized during the making of the third Dick episode that, you know, we've, we've taken this about as far as we can at, at holding down a whole episode, but it's, it's very nice that they've made 'em part of the, just the overall, you know, grouping of people in the show. Yeah.
Dean: Ugh, man. Sorry. . Um, and finally
Tiara: Shorey. Oh,
Glen: fight
Dean: Uh, you Surey makes Tiara violent. . I know.
Tiara: It's, I know it's not Shorey and the Shorey TV show doesn't Yeah. But in Shorey and letter Kenny makes me wanna scrap. Yeah.
, Tres: I mean, honestly on this one, and I know it's not real answer, but I'd almost be like indifferent and just like, I get that, go back to Sudbury. You're more fun there. , you know,
Dean: so kick. But
Tres: I mean, if I had to probably just
Tiara: fight 'em. Yeah. Riley and Jonesie do not know how to take a chirp and stand up for themselves without, like, it's all personal. And they do it every time. Sh and shorty knows that he's never going to stop with them because they are such easy marks for him. So, like, you rarely see Shorey. Chirping any other players? Maybe on the other team? Maybe, but
Tres: like, I can't remember who said it, but I'm sorry, Tiara. Go ahead. No, go ahead. Go ahead. Uh, I can't remember who said it, but at one time, how could anybody apparently have been an organized hockey for as long as Riley and Jonesie have and still get upset about a chirp about her mom?
Dean: Yeah. Oh, and I'm sorry, I was not done, but go ahead. Oh, I got two more.
Tiara: Oh, okay. Yeah. But anyway, yeah, uh, I agree with you on that for sure,
Dean: because I did leave, I did leave them off the list, but I had, I had just remembered because if we talk, uh, Anita Dick. Oh,
Tiara: right. She was so cute and jumping up and down when she got to keep the puppy. She's a swinger.
Tres: So was I. So was I. She's a swinger. . She's
Tiara: a swinger. I would take Anita to pound time. I, I believe Anita would be a lot of fun. I believe
Tres: that it And a horse strong carriage . Yeah.
Tiara: Like she, she knew exactly what her kids were doing because she done all those things and likes all those things. Probably still does them with her husband. And that's why he's so like because she's totally his dom. Yeah. And it's like they've got a beautiful relationship and she's so soft and sweet to everybody and seems so like demure and, and, but she, she knows the jokes. She gets the jokes. I think that's why she's the one who usually starts the giggling and then he's following her lead. Yeah. I'm sorry, fucker. Her
Tres: I'd probably have to, I'd probably have to go with, uh, ferta with her because if, if I had picked a fucker, I'd be like confused as, as to what we were doing. You know, we're going, you know, well, she's gonna be taking charge. Take a look at my gash. A what? . Okay. What am I doing here?
. Dean: Evidently, evidently Anita's also good at teaching scissoring , right? So, yeah, you,
Tres: uh, yeah, I'd have to refer to only for the confusion factor that would arise.
Dean: No, she's gonna direct the event, I'm sure. So, uh oh yeah, that's a good point. So . Alright. You just have to lay back. Find a way to get confused. Enjoy. . I'm confused while you're fucking me. Look at my, how about Noah? That's who our final one is. Unless I missed anybody. Fair.
Tiara: He's so awkward. He is
. Tres: Uh, it'd have to be feta, but it would be like, uh, you know, you're at a party and you like see someone and you're like, Hey man, how's it going? And they say something and Inevit will be awkward. And you're like, Yeah. Hi man. Good to see you, . Yeah,
Dean: I am blessed to stay.
Tres: Alright, we're over here now, . Well, good for you,
Dean: but good to see you again, . Yeah. Um, so I think that's all I got, unless there's somebody I've missed. No, I think you got them all. All right. Uh,
Tres: tennis is always a she wouldn't.
Dean: Oh my God. That's okay. Yeah. But we can think about
Tiara: it except the, the episode where she was, was like misogynistic, uh, toward, uh, um, Wayne. Oh, other than that, fuck. Every
Tres: time. Yeah. Hey. Could get over that . I believe you.
Dean: Hey, it's just the one time. So, Uh, so any final thoughts on, uh, on this before we, uh, before we sign? Nothing. Anybody. I'm good. Uh,
Tres: I just, I just really like this, uh, episode. I wanna thank you for letting me review it. Course, but I really like this episode cuz it allowed a lot of the other sometimes background characters to come forward and agreed. Have the spotlight.
Dean: Yeah, agreed. Uh, hang with us a bit. But, uh, in the meantime, Maestro,
Glen: hi everybody.
Tres: Thanks
Dean: for tuning in to another episode of How Are You Now with your favorite group of Hicks skids hockey players, Christians and DJs. We hope you enjoyed our chat with dress today, and we, uh, look forward to having back in the future. Uh, joining us next week will be our good buddy, uh, Renee and Carcione, who will be, uh, here to chat about season 11, episode four, nude. Don't forget to subscribe to our podcast and leave us a rating or review and, uh, you know, until next time, keep your heads. And don't be spare parts bud.