Rand and David go through motivational mindsets of engineers, positive teamwork skills, and how to frame your career so it best works for you.
- Building a Mental Model
- Motivational Mindsets
- Hirable Dev Traits
- Communication Habits
- Team Skills
- Framing Your Career
- Evaluating New Technologies
- “What do they actually need? How can we integrate it into their workflow? What can we do to make it easier for them?” - RF
- “Creating tools for other developers involves asking a lot of questions.” - RF
- “Ask ‘why’ all the time. Take nothing for granted.” - RF
- “Giving people context is empowering to [engineers].” - RF
- “Focus on being less wrong rather than being more right.” - RF
- “I care that people take the time to understand and be understood by others.” - RF
- “We’re doing this for other people.” - RF
- “What do you want to learn, practice, and be exposed to?” - RF
- “Being able to work side-by-side with people who bring a new perspective and teach me new things as we move has been everything.” - RF
- “What is the problem that we’re trying to solve? What are its constraints?” - RF
Junior to Senior Community
What is Junior to Senior with David Guttman?
A weekly show for ambitious devs who want to take their career to the next level.