Dermot Walsh from Each & Other talks with Pete Townsend about delivering delightful user experiences, leading through people, putting yourself into the shoes of the customer...and his moonlighting gig as a community radio DJ!
Dermot Walsh is the CEO of Each & Other, a Dublin-based strategic design firm dedicated to helping organisations grow online revenue by designing and building compelling digital customer experiences. With a totally diverse client base, Each & Other specialize in delivering game changing, high-value business outcomes in a digital world. In this episode, Dermot and Pete talk about:
- Dermot's career trajectory including his love of sales, embracing change and how an unexpected experience with painting furniture opened his eyes to the business world.
- Dermot's inspiration for leading through change by channeling JFK: " Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future."
- His experience with helping startups and seeing so many great ideas and feature-rich products, but whose designer forgot to ask the customer what they actually wanted.
- Having a much greater understanding of the "cash is king" mentality to managing your business after launching his own business and then becoming CEO of Each & Other.
- Becoming CEO of a business with an incredibly talented team, stellar clients and a great track record and figuring out a way to make a difference.
- Dermot's moonlighting gig as a DJ on the Sunday Brunch slot on Radio Larne.
What is MoneyNeverSleeps?
A weekly podcast that gets inside the mind of the entrepreneur and at what makes them do what they do.