Today’s guest is Philip VanDusen. Philip has more than 20 years of experience in strategic branding, graphic design and product development. He’s the owner of a strategic design and branding consultancy, Verhaal Brand Design (the Dutch word for “story”), and a YouTuber.
- How made the move from fine artist to digital designer + creative director
- Why posting regularly on YouTube is important and how you can add value for your audience
- Why you should start building an email list early
- Why letting go of fears is an important part of finding your ideal career path
- How he loves seeing his work out in the world and how he designed the #1 selling t-shirt of all time
- Flying to Milan on a Leer jet to go shopping
- Building an email list early can help you reach your target customers and provides an ongoing way to communicate with your audience and get feedback.
- Understanding the difference between what a client thinks they want and what they really need to reach their goals.
- When you change paths it can sometimes feel like you don’t have permission to go back, but you have to let go of those fears in order to open up the possibilities of what your life and career can be.
- It’s dangerous to define yourself by the tools you use. The tools change so quickly that it’s important to identify with underlying creativity than the tool that enables you to execute on that creative motivation.
- Let go of how you define yourself and be willing to take risks and try new things.
What is Live In The Feast?
Live In The Feast is a seasonal podcast for developers and designers looking to discover their niche to build recurring revenue. So that they can live the life that they want and ultimately reach the goals of why they started their own business in the first place. Each season will be a theme specific to your business. And each episode features a guest who's been there before and achieved success. You'll get actionable takeaways for you to implement in your business immediately after each show. No fluff, no pie in the sky dreaming, this is real-life examples and takeaways for you.