In this episode, Adam talks to Evan You about what's coming in Vue.js 2.0.
- The motivation for rewriting Vue.js from scratch
- What is a virtual DOM and what are the benefits?
- How does Vue.js 2.0 stack up performance-wise? (spoiler alert, it's fast)
- When should you use templates vs. a render function?
- Why two-way props have been deprecated and what you should do instead
- Best practices for dealing with custom component events
- The 1.0 to 2.0 upgrade path
- Building native mobile applications with Vue.js and Weex
- Rollbar, sign up at https://rollbar.com/fullstackradio to try their Bootstrap Plan free for 90 days
- Hired, sign up at https://www.hired.com/fullstackradio to double your signing bonus to $2000 if you get a job through Hired
- Test Driven Laravel, Adam's upcoming video course
- Refactoring to Collections, get 25% off using the coupon "pnwphp"
- Announcing Vue.js 2.0
- Vue.js 2.0 Documentation
- JS Framework Performance Benchmarks
- Snabbdom, virtual DOM library
- JSX plugin for Vue.js
- Using v-on with Custom Events
- Vue Migration Helper teaser
- Weex, framework for building native mobile applications with Vue.js
- Vue.js on Twitter
- Vue.js Newsletter
- Vue.js Feed
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.