In this episode, I continue the discussion with Business Development Consultant, Randy T. Rowe, about Personal Financial Freedom. We speak about more tips on credit card use, being employed vs self-employed, how much you need to start to invest in the stock market, and so much more.
- How would you say being employed to a company vs being self-employed changes your trajectory?
- Credit Cards - How to use them, Interest rates, credit card debt
- What are some cool financial resources you use - Planet Money (Podcast; NPR), Rich Dad Poor Dad (Book), The Game of Thrones (HBO Series), Succession (HBO Series), The Intelligent Investor (Benjamin Graham)
- Why renting can be better than buying a house?
- Should people feel ashamed about the amount of money they invest in their first stock purchase?
- How can he be found - @RTRowe and website, http://everymickle.com
- Final words on personal financial freedom
- Be observant. Observe the financial market.
- Map your expenses
- Look at recurrent expenses
- People should invest in stocks
- Invest in something that should give you the safest, largest growth towards your goal.
- Goal-oriented Saving - Decide the cost of what you want and work backwards, then figure out what investment products in the market or things you have that can generate that income.
- Wait until you are absolutely ready for a credit card
- When you get a credit card get one with a limit that is less than they are offering and at a level that you know you can manage.
What is Talk Truth with Mario Evon?
Medical Doctor, TV Host and Reggae-Soul Singer/Songwriter, Mario Evon, takes you on a uniquely Jamaican journey through a non-conservative, honest space created to allow his truth, and the truth of others to set them free to grow, laugh, learn and prosper.
From relationships, inspiration, sex and sexuality, to the ins and outs of entrepreneurship; In this space, we speak candidly about almost anything, with the intention to inspire, educate and entertain (‘Inspir-Edu-Tainment’), and create a fair and balanced space where your truth shall become your power. This is TALK TRUTH.