Council has to deal with an upcoming return of the Mayfair issue and grapple with the question of how many downtown towers is too many, neither of which they really want to. Fluoride makes an appearance as well.
- Edmonton mayor asks province, Ottawa for $1.1B for affordable housing
- City calls on province, feds for $1.1 billion in affordable housing funding
- From August 2018: City-wide 16 per cent affordable housing goal gets OK from Edmonton council
- Feeling unsafe in downtown Edmonton? You're not alone, report says
- PDF: Safety & Security in Downtown Edmonton
- Downtown Edmonton councillor asks: how many towers is too much?
- From 2016: Don’t get too excited about supertall building proposals in Edmonton
- Parks advocates want wider discussion on future of Royal Mayfair Golf Club land
- Lease extension for Royal Mayfair Golf Club heads to city committee
What is Speaking Municipally?
Taproot Edmonton presents a weekly discussion on key stories in municipal politics. We pay attention to City Council so you don't have to! Join us as we delve into conversations about the context surrounding decisions made at City Hall.