Dave (GM): Well, welcome. And he's pinned it onto you. Welcome, sheriff Hawcock. Chisholm. Chisholm. Every man that chisholm Sarah work with, I'm gonna kill them all.
Marion Freeman: He was ready to shoot all 4 of us down Mhmm. In a drawer.
Dave (GM): It would be a pity if, if the town all found out that you boys are being, you're on Chisholm's payroll and you do what Chisholm says.
Nathaniel Horcock: One day, me and you are gonna have a real personal fucking argument, Wanda.
Dave (GM): So is this this is this is the the law threatening an innocent member of
Nathaniel Horcock: You're not innocent. Let's turn the horse and leave.
Marion Freeman: No. We haven't told him everything that's going on in Albuquerque, and I think
Dave (GM): he needs to know. Yeah. Well,
Jimmy Harlesden: I'm not sure that's the best thing to say.
Dave (GM): I would like to know why, why you, mister Crosby, and your your Chisholm, cronies, Harlston, and Freeman over there aren't being honest with us. I'm Dave. I am the GM and co designer of Tales of the Old West.
Marion Freeman: I am the other co designer of Tales of the Old West, and my name is Matthew. I'm also playing in this actual play, Marion Freeman.
Nathaniel Horcock: My name is Andrew. I play Nathaniel Hawcock.
Dave (GM): I'm Tony. I'm playing Jimmy Harston. And Crosby doesn't really know what to do. So he kinda stuttered a little bit and then says, well, I'm I'm I'm entirely independent of of mister Chisholm. I I work for for the territory and for the attorney general, not for not for any particular interest or mister Chisholm. I'm obviously aware of mister Chisholm who in New Mexico isn't. But, I'm he's trying to be a bit outraged, but he's obviously terrified
Nathaniel Horcock: of of, of
Dave (GM): McGinn. Of McGinn.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, yeah.
Dave (GM): And he says, I can assure everyone I am completely and utterly incorruptible.
Nathaniel Horcock: I could fare the fact that it was right here, didn't I? I could say to Miguel, this is meant to
Dave (GM): be an orderly meeting. You come around threatening
Nathaniel Horcock: officials of,
Dave (GM): Yeah. You can do that if you wish. Yep. Yeah. You're gonna try make a presence role or Yeah. For me.
Nathaniel Horcock: Which be what what do you mean to get away? I prefer to make a performing. Of course.
Dave (GM): Performing is trying to persuade or intimidate. Oh, no. Persuade presence would be intimidating as well.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. I don't think before me he's intimidated. No.
Dave (GM): So if you're if you're trying to basically play the room Mhmm. And influence the room to be on your side
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah.
Dave (GM): Then that would be performing.
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, yes.
Dave (GM): If you're trying to shut McGinn up, that'll be present.
Nathaniel Horcock: And I suppose I'm trying to play the room so he shuts up. Yes. Mate mate, you know
Dave (GM): So you play kind of talking to the room rather
Nathaniel Horcock: than Yeah. So I don't know why. Yes. This is meant to be Okay. Orderly meeting. I figure I figure you're at order, mister, again, like threatening a fish.
Dave (GM): Yep. Yep. Cool. Make that performing wrong.
Nathaniel Horcock: Try and do the job. You're not gonna get sacked. 7. Alright. I'm not doing any push. He's too low, so I only go on fire. Give me a oh, for fuck's sake.
Dave (GM): It's god of 1,
Nathaniel Horcock: sir. Well, We'll say it again. Again, again, just
Dave (GM): ignore it. Yeah. Of
Nathaniel Horcock: course. I'm most proud of that. As if
Dave (GM): you never said a word.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, no.
Dave (GM): Are you guys doing anything?
Marion Freeman: Shooting McGinn with a cannon?
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Because I'll come with 1 hour.
Marion Freeman: You're giving me an extra dice, like a Yeah. Because
Dave (GM): I'll go and will wanna
Nathaniel Horcock: You're giving me an extra dice. Like a hand
Dave (GM): like a hand cannon. What is all you're gonna shoot again? You're you're a character?
Marion Freeman: I'm entirely able to do that, but, no, I'm not I'm
Dave (GM): There were the consequences. Of course.
Nathaniel Horcock: Should've brought the gun and gun on.
Dave (GM): You can see that Rayburn is trying to hold his his anger. Yeah. Just as he has been really for the last few days. Mhmm. Paquito just like tuts at what McGinn is saying. Mhmm. And basically dismissing very dismissive of of McGinn. It's like, she looks at him with a look of just utter I'm not I'm not really on saying it. I'm just basically standing quietly. Mhmm. Not trying not to look at, you know, just trying to look.
Nathaniel Horcock: Trying to be nondisruptive in background. Not trying
Dave (GM): to look particularly sheepish or embarrassing, but just Well,
Nathaniel Horcock: you've been honest. You got nothing to do with you?
Dave (GM): Exactly. Not let's get a fine line between, you know, I don't look kind of cocky, but Mhmm. Reasonably confident.
Marion Freeman: If you're so upset by my presence, mister McGinn, I'll leave and I'll walk out. Okay.
Dave (GM): Yeah. I'm not leaving. I'm staying here. Yeah. Okay. McGinn just shakes his head and says this is just a sham. Correct. Sham. It's it's it's pathetic. And he then gets up and walks out.
Marion Freeman: Mhmm. McGinn walks out. Tell you. I'm waiting just outside.
Nathaniel Horcock: You're gonna shoot him in the There's
Dave (GM): a gun.
Nathaniel Horcock: If I can hear you in the head.
Marion Freeman: I don't want the sheriff to ring me up on a murder charge. And where he says it's really unfair.
Dave (GM): Totally corrupt. Yeah. So are you standing kinda in the way of the doorway?
Marion Freeman: No. I'm just outside of the time. I'm I I would be smoking if I was smoking.
Dave (GM): So you're so you're not in the way if he's walking out?
Marion Freeman: No. I'm sort of standing I'm leaning against the wall by the door, assuming it's Yeah. Swing door to the south. Yeah. Okay.
Dave (GM): And he yeah. So he walks out, and as he walks past you, he just says, yeah. Good luck, Sergei. He keeps walking. He's got a bit of a smile on his face. And these men walk out and, you know, one of them spits on the floor in front of you. Yeah. But otherwise, they they don't go down.
Marion Freeman: K. I'll wait till I'm down the street, and then I'll come
Nathaniel Horcock: call you. Oh, fuck.
Marion Freeman: My boss just picked me up.
Dave (GM): No. Or or do a Thomas warning. Say, I charge you to a duel then shoot me in the back. Yep. Okay. Inside, it's the meeting is beginning to break up.
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm.
Dave (GM): Raven and Paquito are Talk. Are are kind of hanging back as people are leaving. Crosby leaves.
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm.
Dave (GM): Yeah. I'll leave. No.
Nathaniel Horcock: I won't.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Okay.
Marion Freeman: Got better before me. I could've thrown myself backwards through the, through the window. Like up in the past.
Dave (GM): Yeah. The room is clearing out. Mhmm. But Rayburn and to keep them and and their entourage just kind of remain behind. What are you doing?
Nathaniel Horcock: I suppose half of the rest got calls back to his rooms I suppose the atmosphere at the moment.
Dave (GM): Okay. So as you as you're beginning to go out Mhmm. Paquito reaches her hand and grabs
Nathaniel Horcock: you by
Dave (GM): the arm.
Marion Freeman: Mhmm. Missus Paquito.
Dave (GM): Missus Paquito.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Yes.
Dave (GM): And she says, tell your friends to come and meet me and mister Rayburn in an hour at the Blessings.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay.
Marion Freeman: Every chance we're gonna be at the Blessings.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Okay. Alright. Well, I'll do the I'll I'll I'll do my due I'll escort mister mister Scott to to his rooms, then I will inform these. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Well, you can I'm only outside. You can turn
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, god. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I don't know where you're, boss. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: He's in
Dave (GM): No. You left, didn't you? Oh, yes. I left. But I guess did you stop with him as well? Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: So as much as we say, well, I'm calling you back to your mate, Jordan, that he wasn't getting there. But,
Dave (GM): yeah, that good work. Well, yeah. But how long have you been sheriff now? About 23 hours.
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, it does have been over, buddy. 20
Dave (GM): 4 plus 3, not 20 plus 3. Yeah. So the the the Blessings have got like a lower bit of bar. There's an upper Mhmm. Upper bit. You know, only about 3 or 4 foot above the rest, but it's a nice little secluded bit. And when you get there, you see that, Augustine Paquito and Rayburn
Nathaniel Horcock: Are there.
Dave (GM): Are there. They've got a couple of sort of men stood to the side. Mhmm. Obviously, looking after them. And you are kind of beckoned up when you arrive.
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm. Invited to
Dave (GM): join them. Yeah. I'm good. Join them respectfully. And, yeah, missus Paquito indicates that you should use to sit. I said it respectfully.
Marion Freeman: As you sit, you're sorry. 2 chairs were like ropes around. 3.
Nathaniel Horcock: 3.
Marion Freeman: 3 chairs.
Dave (GM): Oh. You get the sense when you when you sit that there are other men in
Nathaniel Horcock: the bar who are There is.
Dave (GM): Kind of watching your back.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, joy. I don't
Dave (GM): know what aiming at your back, maybe. You do feel
Nathaniel Horcock: There's a lot of school boys.
Dave (GM): A bit intimidated. Yeah. They definitely got
Marion Freeman: very you know, it's the blessings bar,
Dave (GM): but the blessings
Nathaniel Horcock: Blessings. Yeah. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Yeah. No.
Nathaniel Horcock: I did this. It was all pretty. Yeah.
Dave (GM): And and missus Paquito says, we we need to have a conversation.
Nathaniel Horcock: You want to use the badge in there?
Dave (GM): Are you taking off and giving it to them?
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, no. They're finished. Of course. Yeah.
Dave (GM): And and, you know, we Garland and I need you to answer truthfully, of course, and you you need to think carefully about your your answers because it will influence all of our futures in this air town.
Marion Freeman: I don't need to think carefully about turning the troop, missus Pequito.
Dave (GM): Are you really in the pay of Chisholm?
Marion Freeman: Indeed we are.
Dave (GM): We are paid a retainer by Chisholm. That doesn't make us Chisholm's men. We agreed to present him
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, I don't need to
Dave (GM): on a part time basis. But you okay. You've admitted that you are.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Hey. Hey. I missed the question to direct to those stores. It's still 3. No. So I'm not. I'm not.
Dave (GM): We are. We are paid retainer by Mitch Chisholm. You are not. I'm not. You're not Chisholm's man.
Nathaniel Horcock: I'm not Chisholm's man. I know those 2 work for chis yeah. They told you. Yeah.
Dave (GM): We have to ask you these questions. Are you are you working against the interests of this town? Absolutely not. A 100%.
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, why would I have taken the badge if I was working against the interest?
Dave (GM): Just look at We took recent events from our position We took tariff, And you'll understand why we're on The offer for mister Chisholm because the alternative was that mister Begin would be mister Chisholm's representative in this town. We are absolutely everything we've done has been to work in the favor of the town. Did you know about the murders?
Marion Freeman: I discovered the body of your son.
Dave (GM): Did you know about the murders of Dimas and Milagro? We did not know. But you knew about the murder of Eugene and
Marion Freeman: Audrey? I found their bodies.
Dave (GM): Were you involved
Marion Freeman: in the murders? Did not. Yeah. No. Of course not.
Nathaniel Horcock: That's still a start. I'm not gonna say I'm not gonna say that any time, anytime. I'm not gonna say anything like that. I'm gonna keep silent on that bit. Yeah. Okay.
Dave (GM): Do you know who the killer or killers are?
Marion Freeman: Don't know for sure.
Dave (GM): Do you suspect? I suspect killer for killers are.
Nathaniel Horcock: You make all this my dislike of we we go we go Begin. Begin. But a man who can leave a baby had to be eaten by cougars, and the fact he tried to blackmail these 2 yesterday. Was it yesterday or was it this morning?
Dave (GM): This morning?
Nathaniel Horcock: This morning, we tried to blackmail them.
Dave (GM): And how did he try to blackmail them?
Nathaniel Horcock: I make a bird force and we do his bidding by the land grant. So where's
Dave (GM): the Oh, but what was the blackmail?
Nathaniel Horcock: The blackmail that he would tell you and Rayburn mister Rayburn here that they were like he did in the the did the meeting, stood up.
Dave (GM): They were Chisholm's men? The Chisholm's men. Yes.
Marion Freeman: And so He said he would stay quiet if we put in a good word.
Nathaniel Horcock: That's for him for the client grant.
Marion Freeman: About his claim.
Dave (GM): And it was only after he threatened to expose your secret that you then chose to come and speak to your
Nathaniel Horcock: I think it was no. No. No.
Dave (GM): Your friends, me, and mister David. No. No. I because you've shown nothing but hospitality and open handedness and and friendship and gratitude
Marion Freeman: tea, having got a way of some to tea having got aware of some intelligence. Now the legend of these murders, I must admit, but, we have always looked to treat you favorably as our friends. You who showed us friendship in this town, both of you. When other people were less welcome. We've done Are you
Dave (GM): in secret league with McGinn? Sorry. You're not. You what? No. We are very much not secretly with the McGinns.
Nathaniel Horcock: Who says that? Is that her or Rayburn?
Dave (GM): She's doing all the talking about Rayburn is
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, I was gonna
Dave (GM): He's not speaking because he doesn't trust his mouth if he speaks.
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, I'm getting I don't know. I think I'm gonna say no. I'll try I should try and keep it.
Dave (GM): Are you getting kind of righteously righteous indignation? You're technically righteous rage.
Marion Freeman: Hold on. 5 or 7
Nathaniel Horcock: No. I said I wouldn't I would never analyze myself to man like that.
Dave (GM): So I'm gonna say make a presence role.
Nathaniel Horcock: I'm not
Dave (GM): gonna say it's performing because I because you're not performing.
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm. Yeah.
Dave (GM): This is this is your No. I wouldn't. This is you coming out.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah.
Dave (GM): But how because you're being angry with them in a situation where maybe you might not wanna be angry with them. Yeah. But, actually, this is how powerfully does that anger come across.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Well, it come across. Right? And how
Dave (GM): do they take it? Because they could take it badly or they could take it Yeah. Very positively.
Nathaniel Horcock: I've got one dice small with 1 paper. How much for a deal? 1. 1. Okay. Come on. Be kind to me.
Dave (GM): What's that? To 5.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, for fuck's sake.
Marion Freeman: That's a cock dice. Hey.
Dave (GM): We roll a cock dice if there's any No.
Nathaniel Horcock: I'm just going red then when I'm saying that.
Dave (GM): Only ones you could push. Right? No one's could push. Well, they
Marion Freeman: Cost of his last faith point.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. And
Marion Freeman: then he gets trouble with everything he does in the middle of this tense conversation. I'd say
Dave (GM): probably not.
Marion Freeman: Unless he's about to get out his gun and polish it.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. No. Not in front of
Dave (GM): them, please. It's not
Nathaniel Horcock: No. I don't
Dave (GM): know. I just
Nathaniel Horcock: I'm just getting right right in the yeah.
Dave (GM): Okay. They can see that you're
Nathaniel Horcock: you're angry. Yeah. I'm not gonna shout. I'm gonna say, no. I would never. No.
Dave (GM): They will we? We'd absolutely
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. We In fact, a man like I said before, a man would put a baby out for cougar food. You've I have done things which are will always haunt me, but I'll never do anything like I don't swivel. I just I just I go quiet after that.
Dave (GM): Okay. Make it performing well.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, god.
Dave (GM): That's a good little speech. I like it. I like it. Have plus 1.
Nathaniel Horcock: Have oh, thank you. How about plus 5?
Dave (GM): No. No. Plus 1.
Nathaniel Horcock: So that's 5, 2, 3, 8.
Dave (GM): Come on.
Nathaniel Horcock: Be kind to me. Yes. Yep. Got a success.
Dave (GM): Once a test. Yeah. Okay. They can see the fire in your belly. Mhmm. And they and they and they see it as a genuine reaction rather than a rather than a, you know, a a performance.
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm.
Dave (GM): And they say, well, we we we know full well the evil that resides in the heart of of of Donal McGinn. But we we thought you are our trusted friends and Everybody likes what's going on. This this situation has has caused us some some some heartache. We need you to demonstrate your commitment to this town and to the people of this town. Demonstrate your good faith, and there is 2 ways you could do that. There's a third choice, but the 2 ways you can do that is McGinn and his family need to be taken down. If you do that for us or run them out of town, then we would take that as a powerful sign of your commitment and and love for United Springs. Or, particularly now you have a badge, Sheriff Hawcock. We want you to bring in Cody Parker. Parker? Picker For the murders of our children and our friends. I did. Or we invite you to leave this town. And that's not really an invite. We'll leave you to think upon it.
Marion Freeman: Let's Can I ask? It strikes me that there aren't many people in this town like the McGinns and yet nobody's been able to take him out yet. When they came to have a conversation with us at dawn this morning, they came Mhmm. Heavily armed, 6, 7 of them with guns. They are evil. Let me tell you what I believe. And actually, I'm gonna get down on my knees. As god is my witness, Let me tell you what I believe. I believe they stole Chisholm's cattle and sold it. I believe they murdered a family as he has said and left the baby out. And you the baby that you look that is missus
Dave (GM): Yeah. Missus Garland is looking arbitrary.
Nathaniel Horcock: So it's just
Marion Freeman: The baby that you look out, I I believe they are evil. I don't believe the law can touch him. What I need to know is I would happily shoot him in the head. I would happily do this if I got the support of the town. Pardon me.
Dave (GM): Any action that you took to take down McGinn within this town will be supported by this town.
Nathaniel Horcock: So what would be the penalty for attempted hold for horse wrestling
Dave (GM): theft is death.
Nathaniel Horcock: Death. Death.
Marion Freeman: Death. It's death. Bad hanging.
Dave (GM): Well, then
Marion Freeman: it's You
Dave (GM): may you may something you you say that, he's a bad man. Oh, hold on.
Marion Freeman: Hold on.
Dave (GM): Hold on. There may
Marion Freeman: be some Hold on. How far did he take our horses In this time No.
Dave (GM): They weren't off, honestly. No.
Marion Freeman: No. They weren't off even our little patch of land that we No. Claim now.
Dave (GM): Because your land is a few miles.
Nathaniel Horcock: So Yeah.
Dave (GM): They just took it far enough to get you excited
Marion Freeman: and get you to follow them.
Dave (GM): Yeah. So he hadn't taken you off, hadn't taken them off the land. He was quite careful about that. But missus Paquito says, look, there may be something here that might help you, and again as a as a as a man of the law. And she reaches out and one of her men brings over, like, a leather satchel, and she takes out It's a mini gun. What looks like a very old piece of paper, and she unfolds it, and it's a wanted poster. Mhmm. Yeah. But it's a wanted poster page 1. From 15 years ago is old. Mhmm. And it's for a for a bandit called, bear with me. That's what his name. Blue Eyes McGee. Me. No. Okay. This is annoying me. I I remember writing it down.
Marion Freeman: Oh, here
Dave (GM): we go. Yeah. Okay. Yeah. It's for a bandit who was known as Jonah Lucky Lawless, who was an outlaw in the Santa Fe and Santa Miguel San Miguel Counties before the war. But this is this is McGinn.
Marion Freeman: The picture is obviously
Dave (GM): It's well, you know, as good as it is, the picture is looks has a passing resemblance to McGinn. Mhmm. And she says, look, there's a there are these sheriffs up in Albuquerque who are still, you know, who who spent their entire who who vowed to get this man and who never did. Albuquerque? He's I know
Marion Freeman: that sheriff. He's like I I yeah. I can't imagine He
Nathaniel Horcock: was the
Dave (GM): guy you talked to here. Mhmm.
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, actually,
Dave (GM): it's not him. It was his predecessor. Predecessor. He's now retired. Right. But if that helps, then, he's got he's got some debts to pay from Past. 15 years ago.
Nathaniel Horcock: We all have history. Yeah.
Dave (GM): But you have a choice, gentlemen. I will I Bring in bring in Picker, bring in McGinn, or leave the town. And they get up and leave a big tip for the blessings, and we can pause
Nathaniel Horcock: for lunch.
Marion Freeman: Can I just ask one more thing? Yeah. Because I've got to ask this. Take out take down McGinn and his family and his men and his daughter.
Dave (GM): If you carve a snake's head, you kill a snake.
Marion Freeman: She's gonna hate me, but I'm fucking doing it.
Nathaniel Horcock: So they're so they so that I can deputize these 2 then.
Dave (GM): You can. Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay.
Dave (GM): And we pause, and we'll come back after lunch, after supper.
Nathaniel Horcock: I will ask one question, brother. How many men does he actually have? We will ask. The McGinn. Mhmm. That'd be
Dave (GM): quite a lot. So the McGinn family itself, you would you would know this anyway. You got Donald, the father, 45, Mary, 42. He's got 2 sons, Murphy and Patrick, who are both in their early twenties. Grainne, daughter, 24, and Brodie Goodish, but he's on his deathbed. And then they've probably got maybe 10 farmhands Alright. Or ranch hands.
Nathaniel Horcock: But they won't
Dave (GM): be on the ranch or the
Nathaniel Horcock: same time.
Dave (GM): They will around. No. They won't all be in the same house at the same time.
Nathaniel Horcock: Alright.
Dave (GM): But, yes. There's probably, in total, about 15.
Nathaniel Horcock: 15.
Dave (GM): 15 people, in a household. They have a house here. They have a ranch. There's some of them living here, sometimes. McGinnis here today, obviously.
Nathaniel Horcock: I'm gonna walk here then, shall I? If you
Dave (GM): want some time to prepare, then you can clean your guns.
Marion Freeman: Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, actually, it's Temby, isn't it? Where where is he at the moment?
Dave (GM): You don't know, but he's you know he was in town an hour ago or hour and a half ago.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay. Well, I should pick up the ones who were rolled up, you know, as they do in the field. And just is he in town then now?
Dave (GM): Well, he's sort of in arrogant.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yes. Okay.
Dave (GM): He's here somewhere. So you probably haven't got deputies but I don't know, have you? Probably have, actually. If you wanted so if you want formally deputize Yeah. Formally. Apparently in that Yeah. Yeah. For the next hour. You can.
Nathaniel Horcock: Showing deputized until say until the task is
Dave (GM): Task is done.
Nathaniel Horcock: Task is done.
Dave (GM): So the, this is a very old one poster.
Nathaniel Horcock: Blessings. What you said they're shotguns, didn't they?
Dave (GM): They they own shotguns. Yes.
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, they saw them. So they do they like
Dave (GM): No. They were normal. They were normal shotguns. Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: I would say I would say, but I'll be obliged, sir, if you'd lend me one of your shotguns.
Dave (GM): The blessings are licking you with a bit of a funny look.
Nathaniel Horcock: Funny look.
Dave (GM): And why so would you wish to borrow my shot?
Nathaniel Horcock: For the law.
Dave (GM): And we do need to we do need to, you know, maintain the security
Nathaniel Horcock: of the military. I I totally understand this. I totally understand that.
Dave (GM): But but, okay. For the law, what For
Nathaniel Horcock: the law.
Dave (GM): Who are you going to shoot with it?
Nathaniel Horcock: I hopefully, nobody.
Dave (GM): K. Well, who are you unhopefully going to shoot with it? I
Nathaniel Horcock: don't wanna spread room. Well, what the hell? It's dial it's it's dual bus now, isn't it? Really now.
Dave (GM): Are you telling them?
Nathaniel Horcock: Let's show them the poster.
Dave (GM): Lucky Lourdes. Remember hearing about him from many years ago.
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm.
Dave (GM): Disappeared. Never to be heard of again. But he's here.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, he's around. Yeah. See it.
Dave (GM): Okay. One of the blessings is kinda saying, you know, I'll be going to get, you know, the shotgun from under the bar. And the other one's like, Sheriff, as much as we wanna help the law, we obviously, you know
Nathaniel Horcock: You've got to think about yourself. Did you
Dave (GM): wanna make a performing role?
Nathaniel Horcock: Unless it's is it the the the there isn't a gun shop in the town, is that? No. No. Too small. Too small. Yeah.
Dave (GM): I didn't even know one of the other guys might own a shotgun. Although, you might be back at the branch. I don't. I don't think.
Nathaniel Horcock: I'm trying to think of my brain's got to work here. My brain's all on the work now. Not under my dice. I'm gonna shoot my brain stop working. So is it so so so there's some nice. Come on, guys. Be kind. Well, I've got a 6. They are.
Dave (GM): One success.
Nathaniel Horcock: One success.
Dave (GM): So one of the blessings is, like, very
Nathaniel Horcock: reluctant. Yeah.
Dave (GM): The other one isn't keen, but he's
Nathaniel Horcock: kind of prepared. Yeah.
Dave (GM): And they're sort of looking at each other and, like, you can sort of like see a telepathic conversation and go
Nathaniel Horcock: I'll tell you what. What are you
Dave (GM): what are you doing, brother? And, yeah, we're gonna help the lord, bro. But, you know, we're we're vulnerable here, you know, let's not let's not get in trouble.
Nathaniel Horcock: I tell you what, I'll let you think about it. I say because until I actually know the actual location of where he is.
Dave (GM): Okay.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay. I'm not I'm not gonna pressure you because
Dave (GM): I seem a bit relieved.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. I'm not gonna pressure that
Marion Freeman: that respect.
Nathaniel Horcock: I'm not gonna pressure you because you actually have so you've been good to me and my friend. You you know, and I do respect that.
Dave (GM): We would we we we wanna help you, but, you know, and one of the other one of them obviously hasn't recognized the the picture.
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm.
Dave (GM): And the and he's like, I mean, come on, you know. And he was like, it's it's McGinn. It's fucking McGinn.
Nathaniel Horcock: But things will be coming ahead
Dave (GM): of us now. Okay.
Nathaniel Horcock: So I'll say until I
Dave (GM): Maybe, are we should we shut up shop for the day and
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, hopefully we won't be here.
Dave (GM): I mean, if there's trouble in town happening?
Nathaniel Horcock: Until I find him I find where he is.
Dave (GM): Are you are you here, Tane?
Nathaniel Horcock: Yes. I think I
Dave (GM): am. Okay. Can you both make Hawkeye Rolls?
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, dear. Yeah. My brain's gonna work. It's coming. Okay. Fine.
Dave (GM): I have get one success.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, whatever. I've enrolled
Marion Freeman: it. Is that a 6?
Nathaniel Horcock: Yes. 6. Yeah. Okay. Two successes in fact.
Dave (GM): Okay. You both notice, and and you more more so that your conversation at the bar is being overheard Alright. By some of the people who are Mhmm. In this lower part of the Right. Of the bar. Right. Well, so There are people look kind of looking around at each other a bit.
Nathaniel Horcock: So I should leave now. Yeah. I think that's the other thing we should say no more, and I'll let you yeah.
Dave (GM): And, you know, the blessings like yeah. God bless you, sheriff. Thank you. Mhmm. Yeah. Okay.
Nathaniel Horcock: So there's gun there. Why can't there be a massive army shop, you know?
Dave (GM): Do you have gas? It's a small town. Feel free to start a gunsmithing business, like a one.
Nathaniel Horcock: You know, the total
Jimmy Harlesden: subsidy doesn't have, like,
Dave (GM): a sheriff's office. There's no So where's the nearest town
Nathaniel Horcock: that we would have? You actually think you're not likely.
Dave (GM): Well, like, good point. Yeah. Yeah. No. To be honest, it's not that's what we're not gonna take. Kind of to the distance, to the north is Fort Craig. Yeah. And to the south is Las Cruces. Both of them are I don't know. 40 or 50 miles away. Yeah. And say the the this warrant was issued in Albuquerque.
Nathaniel Horcock: Does it say dead or alive on the thing?
Dave (GM): It does say dead or alive. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: What's the
Dave (GM): That's fine What's
Nathaniel Horcock: the bounty on there?
Dave (GM): The bounty is So it's still valid after this? It's it's an old it's a very old bounty here. $1,000,000. The bounty is $130. But you're a law man, so you don't claim the bounty. You're not a bounty hunter.
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm. You're a sheriff. I know. I'm a sheriff.
Dave (GM): So what you do is you get him, you get close, you then undepitize him,
Marion Freeman: So how long do we have? Because I want to groom my fucking horse, go to church.
Dave (GM): You've got as long as you want. It's up to you. Okay. As far as you know, McGinn doesn't know that you're coming after him even though they did make a role to see that people in the bar were overhearing what they were talking about. Yeah. So somebody might Somebody might warn again. Again that
Nathaniel Horcock: they're very,
Marion Freeman: very kind. I do have a little thing that maybe we could play out now. Go and see young Goynha. Okay.
Nathaniel Horcock: Do you want you to
Marion Freeman: buy the
Nathaniel Horcock: right up to the distance of it.
Marion Freeman: No. No. I'm just wondering if there's there's there's a thing that might happen. Let me tell you about the thing as we ride back to the ranch maybe from Oh, boy. The thing might be that you go and say, we believe you should be this person. And he says, well, obviously, you're gonna have to go through, Laurel, yeah, by all means, arrest me.
Nathaniel Horcock: And I'll say, who the fuck sit down here to arrest you?
Marion Freeman: Okay. Okay. Well, that that's a good plan. But I just wonder whether on
Nathaniel Horcock: the oil. I think so one day we're gonna have a
Dave (GM): Yeah. And it's I'd say maybe one day soon. Yeah. And that was today.
Marion Freeman: What was I gonna say? So I was I was wondering about going to just ask, how old is she compared to She's 24. 24. And this poster dates from 15 years ago?
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah.
Dave (GM): They're just before the war.
Marion Freeman: So I did just wonder whether I could
Dave (GM): Not quite 15 years ago. So A little bit before? Yeah. 18/60.
Marion Freeman: So, yeah. Well, it's even better. So she's like 8 or something.
Dave (GM): It was 12 years ago. So she would have been 12.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. Okay. So she,
Nathaniel Horcock: you know, she
Marion Freeman: might have known where her daddy was at that time. I just wonder what I can connect the 2 so we have reasonable suspicion that he's the person in the photograph.
Dave (GM): You can go and talk to him if you wish. Yeah. Yeah. Hey. What's your daddy up about, 15 years ago?
Marion Freeman: No. I'm not gonna say anything like that. I'm just gonna talk. I, may I maybe go and have a drink and commiserate with her that, you know, don't we don't feel very welcome in the town. When did you first move here, sort of thing, sort of thing?
Dave (GM): Okay. You can do that. Yeah. So this is this is what? Sort of like early afternoons of 2 o'clock now when you're finished with Paquita and Rayburn.
Marion Freeman: Yeah.
Dave (GM): Yeah. So the place is a lot quieter than it was 2 hours previously. Obviously, it drew in a lot of a big crowd for mister Crosby's meeting. She's behind the bar. It's it's steady, but not busy. So there's a few people, but it's not.
Marion Freeman: So I order a whiskey or something.
Nathaniel Horcock: So you've gone to the it's a bar. Yeah. But while while he's doing that, I'm going to be making sure that all my cleaning the pistol is not
Marion Freeman: We're gonna have plenty of time to clean our pistols, good. Believe me, our pistol is gonna be fucking clean.
Nathaniel Horcock: It's gonna be
Dave (GM): shinier.
Nathaniel Horcock: Shiny. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Where where
Dave (GM): do you mean to clean your pistols?
Nathaniel Horcock: I'll most probably do
Marion Freeman: it in the In the sundown bar?
Nathaniel Horcock: No. Not the sundown bar. No. The bar where we had the meet, I had the open.
Dave (GM): The blessings?
Nathaniel Horcock: Blessings. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Okay. Yeah. That'll take you, yeah, maybe. Yeah you can gain a faith point each. He probably needs back at the ranch to groom your horse properly.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, okay.
Dave (GM): To be able to relax. Yeah. Grooming it in somebody else's house isn't quite Okay.
Nathaniel Horcock: I I should
Dave (GM): have dinner with my horse. Didn't have dinner with your partner. Dancing and
Nathaniel Horcock: Yes. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Okay, Matt. What you're saying? She's there. She she sees you. She she serves you, and she says, mister mister Freeman.
Marion Freeman: I suppose it's here. You know, we're gonna do this tomorrow. Right? So we're gonna have a night in our beds, which will get us a point, but it 2 points. Yes. You're gonna love that. I was just thinking maybe quick smash.
Dave (GM): My husband's still alive upstairs. Yeah. I know. But As far as you know,
Marion Freeman: you might
Nathaniel Horcock: be good,
Dave (GM): but No.
Marion Freeman: So, yeah. I'm I'm just He
Dave (GM): welcomes you with a smile and, just a just a free minute. So it's a pleasure to see you here, in the in my bar twice in the same afternoon. It's I
Marion Freeman: wish everybody thought so.
Dave (GM): Mhmm. Why would you say that? Why would why would people not be welcome? I reckon we're gonna move on after your father.
Nathaniel Horcock: That's it. Go for the sob story. That that's a good angle.
Marion Freeman: Bad after.
Dave (GM): What's so what was it? What what did daddy do?
Marion Freeman: Well, you heard him. You were here.
Dave (GM): Well, I was working. I I wasn't listening to what was going on in the in the in the meeting.
Marion Freeman: Said that we and the land agent, fell out whatever his name is Crosby. I'm pretending I don't know his name.
Dave (GM): It's mister Crosby. You know really well. It's mister Crosby.
Marion Freeman: You know
Nathaniel Horcock: it really well. You have that letter from Chisels. Yeah. I did.
Dave (GM): You would never be in Chisels and Bismillies. I mean, Chissey, as you call it.
Marion Freeman: Stitching up the Spanish lamb lamb
Dave (GM): crumb. Sorry. Cow.
Marion Freeman: I thought we had friends in this town. I'm not so sure.
Dave (GM): Well, I know that yeah. I know that you and daddy have not always not always seen eye to eye.
Marion Freeman: That's true. Do you guys have it this rough when you first moved in? When did you move in?
Dave (GM): We we we we came here I came here with with, you know, with daddy and and and mommy.
Marion Freeman: How old are you?
Dave (GM): How old am I?
Marion Freeman: No. How old were you when you moved here?
Dave (GM): Oh, this is when the town was was founded, what, 3 or 4 years ago. Oh,
Nathaniel Horcock: yeah. So
Dave (GM): I was 20, 21, or something like that. I mean, honestly, I
Nathaniel Horcock: hadn't I
Dave (GM): hadn't seen much of daddy for for most of my life. Yeah. He'd been away managing. Don't know if he'd been away working and What was his work? I have no idea. Okay.
Marion Freeman: So I'm saying where did you come from performing? He's actually
Dave (GM): Oh, just have you got
Marion Freeman: 4 days. Okay.
Dave (GM): I'm not pushing it. Okay. She seems she rolled 3 successes, and she's like, why why are you so you sound like you're you're
Marion Freeman: questioning you.
Dave (GM): I sound like I'm being questioned by by by a sheriff.
Marion Freeman: That's my man, Hawcock. I don't think he's gonna keep his job very long, being associated with us.
Dave (GM): But what have you done wrong? Just
Marion Freeman: angered everybody in this town.
Dave (GM): But, well, that doesn't happen for nothing. So what have what have you done to anger everybody in this town?
Marion Freeman: I'm gonna be really honest with you.
Dave (GM): As I said, I know you and Danny don't get on, but people don't get on sometimes.
Marion Freeman: Your daddy, you know
Nathaniel Horcock: Was a cunt.
Marion Freeman: He accused us of It's a cunt. Working for mister Chisholm in Albuquerque. You know him?
Dave (GM): I've yeah. I've heard of Chisholm. Of course. Who have?
Marion Freeman: That part is true.
Dave (GM): Well, you do work with Charlotte.
Marion Freeman: We went up to Albuquerque, you know, with that flock of horses and
Dave (GM): Flock of horses. That's minus 1 on your end of season business. Yeah. You don't even know that they're they're
Nathaniel Horcock: they're called out.
Marion Freeman: Horses are real designers then. If you
Dave (GM): don't even know they're called a gaggle of horses, then you know That Bermuda of horses.
Marion Freeman: Anyway, with that with that We
Nathaniel Horcock: love the Yankees.
Marion Freeman: Market and He offered us a retainer to keep an eye on things down here for him.
Dave (GM): And you agreed?
Marion Freeman: Yeah. It seemed like the right thing to do. Then it seemed like the right thing to do then.
Dave (GM): But mister Chisholm has now been, you know, everyone thinks he killed. Yeah. The Rayburn boy and the Paquito.
Marion Freeman: Don't know about Rayburn, but I'm pretty sure he didn't kill Paquito. And he did. Obviously, it's one of his men that did it. And not us. Not me or Halston. I'm not a killer except when it has to be.
Dave (GM): Except when we're a killer. Yeah. And you're what? You're having to leave town, are you?
Marion Freeman: I don't know. Maybe time we get out. It just
Dave (GM): would be a pity if you had to leave town, mister mister Freeman. It's,
Nathaniel Horcock: so it's
Marion Freeman: It would. You know?
Dave (GM): It's always really nice to see you. You're a honest, upright, standing upstanding man. Yeah. Right enough right enough men, what are you, how old are you?
Nathaniel Horcock: 12.
Dave (GM): No. You're not 12.
Marion Freeman: How do I know what my age is?
Dave (GM): How many livings did you have?
Marion Freeman: I only had one living. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Okay. So that seems to be in your late twenties. Yeah. Well, no. Only one living.
Marion Freeman: One living. Yeah.
Dave (GM): So just the basic living. Yeah. So it makes you potentially younger than
Nathaniel Horcock: she is?
Marion Freeman: Yeah. 20 or something. Right.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay. I was gonna
Dave (GM): I was gonna, like, lean right into the father figure thing, but maybe not.
Marion Freeman: This is the first time I've had a proper on this job. I was a bit of a grifter before playing cards. Turned out I'm not very good at playing cards. Yeah. No.
Dave (GM): So are you are you trying to charm
Marion Freeman: her? I might now be doing that. Why? Do you want me to make another performing I
Dave (GM): might make a performing roll. Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: Nah. Dude.
Marion Freeman: Nah. I'm not it's not that I'm I'm not in the right mood for this, I'd say.
Dave (GM): What's the charm?
Marion Freeman: I should
Dave (GM): have been I'm just I'm like, yeah. I will. Well, mister Freeland, I I what's what what if I may be be so bold, what's what's your first name?
Marion Freeman: Marion. Which is a good man's name. I
Dave (GM): know. I was called Marion. Oh, dude. Be gurgling at my bar. So it's a manly name.
Nathaniel Horcock: It's not there.
Dave (GM): Well, look, Marion. I I hope you should stick around. It would be pity, but Yeah. You might have to return your dad. For young for young men like you to, yeah, the town needs, you know, young people to
Marion Freeman: Is she trying to flirt with me? Am I picking this up? Do you want do you want to make my
Dave (GM): She's a little bit. Yeah. No. I don't think I'm gonna make a roll for that. Okay. But, yeah. I mean, she's she's been nicer than she needs to be. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: You don't need to you don't need to make up for what your dad's done.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, that's a good line.
Dave (GM): Oh, I don't know what my daddy's done. You you I say, you you and your friends don't get on with daddy. That's fine. I mean, daddy doesn't get on with a lot of people. He's a he's he's quite a
Nathaniel Horcock: Alright. That's how we fix.
Dave (GM): Quite a tough character, and he's, he can be difficult to get along with. Yeah. You know, he's, he can be temperamental,
Nathaniel Horcock: and he can
Dave (GM): get angry, and he can shout or not talk to you for weeks. But he's, yeah, he's had a hard life. He Kind
Marion Freeman: of life, what do you do? No. I'm not.
Dave (GM): I don't really know. Well, he did. You know, when I was a youngster, I just I lived with my mother and, yeah. And my brother's daddy wasn't around very much.
Marion Freeman: He used to come home with his pay, splashing around a bit.
Dave (GM): Once in a while. Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: Didn't yeah.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. I had a life like that.
Dave (GM): Didn't see him very often.
Marion Freeman: I lie? No. What did my parents do? Yeah. No. But,
Dave (GM): yeah, 10 10 years ago, when the war when the war happened, he obviously stopped what he was doing, you know, changed his job and came home when we started cattle ranching. And we ended up here we all are. Years ago and, you know, he's he's doing well. He's providing well for the family. But, yeah, I didn't
Nathaniel Horcock: I'm sorry.
Dave (GM): She kinda, like, kinda leans in a little bit, you know, giving you a little bit of a
Marion Freeman: Feeling her breath on my cheek and my yeah.
Dave (GM): A little bit of a, you know, sort of insight. Just and he he he wasn't around a lot and he he was angry and, you know, he was a tough man. And yeah. The last few years, it's it's still, you know, it's not been it's almost been easier when he wasn't around actually.
Marion Freeman: Yeah.
Dave (GM): But and then then somebody else comes in and she's like, another drink, mister Freeman. It's a pleasure to talk the town's business with you. I think
Marion Freeman: I should be going. I think I've had too many already, but, it's been a it's been a real pleasure.
Dave (GM): Come back
Nathaniel Horcock: soon. I
Marion Freeman: mean, no moods there, drinking, and I head out. So I didn't get any of my objectives there.
Dave (GM): What were your objectives there?
Marion Freeman: Well, to say, oh, yeah. My daddy was a bandit back in the country. I don't even get where she was, where they lived. Never mind. You're a sheriff. You are the law.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yes. Well, I'm I'm in the So, yeah,
Dave (GM): so now kind of like 3 o'clock in the afternoon.
Nathaniel Horcock: Is it 3 o'clock? Alright. I thought it's gonna come in tonight now. Alright. Maybe a
Dave (GM): bit late. Yeah. Maybe 4 o'clock by the time you've all properly cleaned your Back here.
Marion Freeman: I'm on the farm. I'm cleaning my pistol.
Dave (GM): Are you going back to the farm?
Marion Freeman: We don't have a church here, do we? No. We don't have
Nathaniel Horcock: a church. No.
Marion Freeman: Can I go back to the blessings?
Nathaniel Horcock: You can. Uh-huh. I shall realize we're in the blessing.
Marion Freeman: Right.
Dave (GM): So they're they're busy polishing their guns Right. Gordon, I've been for a couple of hours. Yes. Do you think that's more than enough?
Nathaniel Horcock: It's the Blisses.
Dave (GM): Not the Blisses there. You gotta win.
Marion Freeman: I can't remember what their names are after blessing twins.
Dave (GM): They're both called blessing.
Marion Freeman: Yep.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Their first names, I believe, do you think?
Dave (GM): Their first names are both blessing.
Nathaniel Horcock: They're is it? Oh, okay.
Marion Freeman: I think
Dave (GM): That's why it's called the Blessings Bar because they are both called Blessings.
Marion Freeman: They're not
Dave (GM): And then John and Robert Blessing. No. No. I've never told you what their surnames are or what their first names are. They're just both called Blessing.
Marion Freeman: Blessing. You're a man of God.
Dave (GM): Oh, yes. Surely, we are. We're not preachers though.
Marion Freeman: A while back. Yeah. But I need someone to pray with. I'll look at them.
Dave (GM): Well, kind of the bar's open, you know, we're a bit busy.
Nathaniel Horcock: It's not
Dave (GM): this isn't a church house, is it?
Marion Freeman: No. We talked about this before and suggested we might have meetings here, but I really need someone to pray with.
Dave (GM): Have you done something wrong, mister Freeman?
Marion Freeman: Well, you've had You're
Dave (GM): asking for absolution.
Marion Freeman: No. I know I'm doing the right thing, but I want to make sure.
Dave (GM): Make a performing role to convince one of them to pray with you.
Marion Freeman: Yes. One success. Two troubles, but one success.
Dave (GM): Is he too busy? Okay. Fuck I
Marion Freeman: hope he was so busy.
Dave (GM): No, he's not. So, okay. One of them one of them takes pity on you. It is. Mister Freeman, we can see by the look in your eye, you are troubled. And one of them says, brother, you go and go and go and pray with mister Freeman in the back room while Styles take you out of the bar.
Marion Freeman: Excellent. Faith point.
Dave (GM): Ding. Faith point
Marion Freeman: and a softball.
Dave (GM): This is our friend of mine. It might be. Of the final show.
Marion Freeman: I'm just gonna find lyrics of,
Dave (GM): because there's a lot of edits to be made.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, dear. You're the excellence of us.
Dave (GM): This is how he prayed down my way. What are you looking for?
Marion Freeman: Lyrics to a particular song which basically get down on your knees with all your clothes off and pray.
Dave (GM): So anyway, yeah. You you need to be there for an hour or so. Pray to get your faith point, man.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. That's okay. That this is this is the album.
Dave (GM): It's not really a I'm I'm being very generous. It's not really a proper congregation.
Marion Freeman: No. It's not a proper but
Dave (GM): I did make you make a role Yeah. To get in a situation where poor blessing is praying with you for an hour. Mhmm.
Marion Freeman: And hopefully, he'll get a point of faith too.
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, actually, why?
Marion Freeman: Which he might need
Dave (GM): when he
Marion Freeman: comes and rescues us by shooting
Dave (GM): Donald in the back. Rescue again.
Nathaniel Horcock: Andy. Actually, well, actually, what he's I'm gonna go pay a visit to, missus oh, I can't imagine her name. Nikita. Nikita Then ask her a favor.
Dave (GM): Is that wise?
Nathaniel Horcock: No. No. I'm asking a favor.
Dave (GM): Because she's she's the house next door. Yes. I know this. Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Seconds. No. I'm the only other sure I'll do a favor.
Dave (GM): Okay. So you can knock on the door, and, again, one of her servants opens it. Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: So And
Dave (GM): and sees you as as how how how how may we be of service?
Nathaniel Horcock: I just, wish to ask a favor of your mistress.
Dave (GM): She's had a very tiring
Nathaniel Horcock: I know.
Dave (GM): I know. Fine day.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Just I want I want to less than half less than 15 minutes of her time.
Marion Freeman: Oh, by the way, Claudia should have a extra faith point for those 3 successes she got on Insight.
Dave (GM): Yeah. She's got plenty of faces. It's fine. Make a performing role. He's he he seems reluctant.
Nathaniel Horcock: I can't shoot him or there's some pranks in the shooting with. No. Sorry.
Dave (GM): Yes. Because that would be that would be really
Nathaniel Horcock: That would be a good idea.
Dave (GM): I think he would definitely come and speak to you. Yeah. And shot his servant over those
Nathaniel Horcock: at all.
Dave (GM): Oh, yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: Joe, it was Joe Polo. Oh, come on. Oh, yes. One success. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Okay. He says, I will I will I will at least ask on your behalf if you could wait here.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. I'll wait here.
Dave (GM): And he shuts the door. He leaves you outside. Yeah. And goes. And, you you wait 5 minutes.
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm.
Dave (GM): And then you wait another 5 minutes. Are you still waiting?
Marion Freeman: Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Well, not the other way.
Dave (GM): Okay. But not quite 15 minutes later, the door opens again. Mhmm. And he's He looks like and he's a bit surprised to see here.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Yeah. This is
Dave (GM): she says she will give you 2 minutes.
Nathaniel Horcock: That's all I need.
Dave (GM): Thank you. You're not to do or say anything to upset her.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. No. No. It's not
Dave (GM): Retire her.
Nathaniel Horcock: I'm not distressed.
Dave (GM): She's she's an old lady, and and while she has significant vigor for a lady of her age
Nathaniel Horcock: You wanna go get your fucking lap.
Marion Freeman: You reach her into opportunity. Yes.
Nathaniel Horcock: Just one room. Well, that's all. Okay.
Dave (GM): And he
Nathaniel Horcock: opens the door and lets
Dave (GM): you in. Yeah. And they show you into the same
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.
Dave (GM): And she's there. She's she doesn't look tired.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. I
Dave (GM): But she's Yeah. Yeah. You know, she's
Nathaniel Horcock: I only have one request, and then you know?
Dave (GM): What is that, sheriff?
Nathaniel Horcock: That is that it all goes badly, and I do fail. I only wish the bit up at the cemetery when you put me find put put me in the ground, you that there is a name on the tombstone. That's what I'll ask.
Dave (GM): You wish to have a
Nathaniel Horcock: In case my sister comes
Dave (GM): A stone memorial with with your name on it.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. That's all. Yeah. Sheriff. No. Not sheriff. Just just my name.
Marion Freeman: Nathaniel Hawcock.
Dave (GM): Just that. Not captain Hawcock?
Nathaniel Horcock: Just Nathaniel.
Dave (GM): That can probably be arranged. Yes. That's all I'm asking. And my sister But I'm sure you will resolve your and our current problems successfully.
Nathaniel Horcock: Thank you. That's all I wanted to ask. Okay. I'll see you. Yeah. Punch the same all the way up.
Marion Freeman: I just wanna point out that I reckon I'll be one faith point shot on every single adventure we run because I just realized my big dream is do the right thing. And here we are doing the right thing once again. Yes. Time for faith point.
Dave (GM): Because that should be an XP anyway, shouldn't it? Right. It's a fake point. On the final thing.
Marion Freeman: Right. So here on fake points,
Dave (GM): I would
Marion Freeman: argue, take a significant action that gets you closer to your big dream. Instantaneous takes one around.
Dave (GM): Your big dream is doing the right thing. That could be like washing your hands after dinner.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. Sure. It's not Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: Hold on.
Marion Freeman: No. No. No. Every fucking mess we've got into is because my big dream of doing the right thing, and now you're doing the right thing.
Nathaniel Horcock: You're right.
Marion Freeman: Because it's a bit
Nathaniel Horcock: general, isn't it,
Marion Freeman: doing the right thing? Perhaps if a few people in fucking steaming rock did the right thing. There'd be a few more people in Steaming Rock and not in the fucking graveyard.
Nathaniel Horcock: I haven't got loads
Dave (GM): of people in Steaming Rock.
Nathaniel Horcock: There's some graveyard. There's some
Dave (GM): All the ones that we are out to say. Yeah. Cliff. How many how many faith have you got at the moment?
Marion Freeman: I'm up to 2 now.
Nathaniel Horcock: I think we're all on 2.
Dave (GM): What was that? Through praying
Marion Freeman: Sorry?
Dave (GM): Through praying and That's
Marion Freeman: with praying.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Preemcing my gun.
Marion Freeman: I I haven't creased my gun yet. I've creased my gun. I'm gonna go do that back at the ranch, though, I think. What are you guys doing?
Dave (GM): When are we when are we gonna go after after? Because I don't
Nathaniel Horcock: think we can
Dave (GM): play tonight because
Nathaniel Horcock: Does he have a townhouse? Yes. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Because Look at the map. It's it's on it's on the Yeah. People, you know, be nice. So somebody somebody bought something.
Nathaniel Horcock: We want. We got we're ready then. We got the townhouse then. Yes.
Dave (GM): You deaf talk. I thought
Marion Freeman: I'm not doing tomorrow.
Dave (GM): I had
Nathaniel Horcock: the badge. I was wondering if he's be wearing a badge when he's talking to the young lady.
Marion Freeman: Where's that badge? No. I wasn't wearing the badge then. Oh, I'm I'm just coming to arrest your father. I look like a sheriff. Hey. So this is it. I'm putting the badge on. Mhmm. Is that on a fake one?
Nathaniel Horcock: No. It's a good point. Think is that word. Yes. We'll just get on with it.
Dave (GM): I think yeah. Putting the badge on, you can have a faith point. Yes.
Nathaniel Horcock: Can we
Dave (GM): do it? Alright.
Marion Freeman: You can't because you already got a badge.
Nathaniel Horcock: I haven't faked that advertising.
Dave (GM): Is this your no.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. No. You're not. Oh, fuck.
Dave (GM): How many faith is everybody on?
Nathaniel Horcock: I've done 2 now.
Dave (GM): 5 now. 5? 5? Well, the 5 It
Marion Freeman: was his big dream being an officer of the law.
Dave (GM): His big dream is to sit about and make as many faith as possible. Your big dream is to be officer of the law.
Marion Freeman: No. But mine is doing the right thing. And and
Dave (GM): your big dream make your brother proud,
Nathaniel Horcock: isn't it?
Dave (GM): Well, my faith is to my brother to make my brother proud. My big dream
Jimmy Harlesden: is to make the ranch a success. My brother's ranch is my faith is
Dave (GM): No. I think that that's fair enough because doing this is like is doing it because, obviously, if you got run out of town, then you would have totally blown your brothers.
Nathaniel Horcock: But, yeah. I would have thought Yes. So therefore, being the sheriff's show, there's a redemption artist. So surely I should have got a fake one. I mean You
Marion Freeman: should have got fake one back then, but you missed your chance.
Dave (GM): I think you're right. Yeah. Good.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah? Pretty honest for you.
Dave (GM): No. No. No. No. I think because you are. So, do you have the map of the town there? I think you do somewhere.
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, I should learn how to deputize, shouldn't I? What's he gonna tell me?
Dave (GM): Okay. Shall I get? Yeah. Exactly. But I've deputized you, so you go bring McGinn in. Yeah. We we know how it goes. So McGinn's house is to the north. Well, they were doing McGinn number 5.
Marion Freeman: It says on there. It was against us. As we're walking, I'm just gonna suggest a thing.
Nathaniel Horcock: This feels odd.
Marion Freeman: This is gonna be a running battle. See, I could hide my Spencer car behind behind this barrel like they do in Hong Kong action adventure movies. I mean, I'm not saying that to them.
Dave (GM): Whatever a Hong Kong action adventure might be. What are you talking about?
Nathaniel Horcock: Considering Toomstom, when they actually went to meet, you know, with, what was it? I'm trying to remember the name of that.
Dave (GM): The Clinton gang.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. The Clinton gang. Way up
Dave (GM): and the others
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, yeah. Not when it was what's Film Tombstone. Oh, come in. Now they're bloody actors now. Not this Kevin Costner one. The other one.
Dave (GM): Val Killar? Val Killar.
Nathaniel Horcock: Val Killar. I mean, I can't believe. I mean, I can't believe. They walked up the street carrying shotguns. Is there anything else see any
Marion Freeman: Well, yeah. I mean, we can. And and then frankly, that's that's the gun I'm gonna have out because it's easier to draw
Dave (GM): my pistol.
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, yeah. So that
Dave (GM): You're you're a man of the law, and you're all acting on a nonofficial warrant.
Marion Freeman: No. I just thought I just thought then when we're running away from time, it'd be good to go bang, bang, bang, bang, click, click, click, frickin. Bam. And that's what I was thinking.
Nathaniel Horcock: Alright, man.
Marion Freeman: But maybe not. Maybe that's not
Dave (GM): But keep it with you. Yeah. If you run-in the other direction, then you'll still have it.
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Should be, you know, should be we're gonna end up running away.
Marion Freeman: Tales of the old west is brought to you by Effect. The music is old west game by Stu Venable, used with kind permission of the angry folk media empire.
Dave (GM): It's just like the last game. Way to play on. It's just