In this episode Adam talks to Sébastien Chopin about Nuxt.js, a Next.js-inspired framework for building server-rendered client-side applications with Vue.js.
- The history behind Nuxt.js
- How Nuxt.js uses special Page components and file-based routing instead of using a traditional router
- Creating dynamic page-based routes without a custom server
- How the asyncData lifecycle hook works
- How server-side rendering works in Nuxt.js
- How Nuxt.js uses intelligent code-splitting to improve performance
- How to use the fetch method to dispatch Vuex actions
- Using the head method to populate head elements on a page
- How layouts and middleware work
- Options for generating, serving, and deploying Nuxt applications
- When and why would someone use Vue CLI instead of Nuxt?
- Cloudinary, sign up and get 300,000 images/videos, 10GB of storage and 20GB of monthly bandwidth for free
- Rollbar, sign up at https://rollbar.com/fullstackradio and install Rollbar in your app to receive a $100 gift card for Open Collective
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.