Dr. Gerry and Dr. Peter talk about the importance of listening before reacting in order to improve relationships. The also discuss how sin is what harms relationship between God, others and ourselves.
and the leopard shall lie down with the kid …
The baby shall play by the cobra's den,
and the child lay his hand on the adder's lair.”
grant you to think in harmony with one another.”
coming to his baptism, he said to them, "You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath?
Produce good fruit as evidence of your repentance.”
- Existing family systems are often hostile and resemble the natural discourse between predator and prey. God’s vision and hope is peace and harmony. How do we get there?
- We also have this conflict between parts within ourselves, the part that cuts us down or the small part that’s afraid.
- Five steps to developing mutual empathy: anticipate the other’s feelings, be open to influence, be curious, experience vulnerability, and abandon trying to have power over the another.
- John the Baptist’s harsh warning is an expression of love for the Pharisees.
- Sin is not just about breaking the rules but about severing relationships.
What is Be with the Word?
“Be With The Word” is a weekly podcast from Souls and Hearts with Dr. Peter Malinoski, clinical psychologist, and Dr. Gerry Crete, marriage and family therapist. The hosts delve into human and psychological issues that surface in the upcoming Sunday Mass readings.