In this episode, Adam talks to Taylor Otwell about Laravel Vapor, the new serverless platform for Laravel applications that was recently announced at Laracon US.
- What is serverless?
- What AWS services Vapor manages and how they are billed
- Using a single RDS instance with multiple databases
- Understanding cold boots with Lambda and how to minimize the effect they have on your application's performance
- Performance on Vapor
- How queues work with Vapor
- Tuning your queue concurrency based on your database connection limit
- Strategies for preventing your web instances and queue instances from competing for resources
- How scheduled tasks work with Vapor
- How file uploads work with Vapor
- Limitations when running code on Lambda and strategies for working around them
- DigitalOcean, get your free $50 credit at do.co/fullstack
- Cloudinary, sign up and get 300,000 images/videos, 10GB of storage and 20GB of monthly bandwidth for free
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.