- Why recommendation media—entertaining content from strangers—is replacing social media—content from friends and family.
- What strategic motivations platforms like Meta have for making this shift
- How it affects creators
- Where traditional “social media” type content for friends and family is moving
- What could happen when AI content generation keeps getting better
- What role there is in this for Snapchat and Twitter, who are both struggling
To go deeper on these topics, read Mike’s essay published in Every on the End of Social Media: https://every.to/p/the-end-of-social-media?sid=9593
What is Ordinary Astronauts?
Two friends explore tech, product building, and the psychology of work. Hosted by Dan Shipper and Nathan Baschez, co-founders of Every, a writers collective that feeds the minds and hearts of the people who build the internet. We study businesses and we study humans.