Today I’m joined by Mark Faggiano, the founder and CEO of TaxJar, a 100% distributed SaaS company that helps businesses automate their sales tax calculations and filing.
We talked about Mark’s genuine passion for remote work, why he personally handled new team members’ onboarding in the company, and how having an Employee Experience Team is vital for TaxJar.
- 03:00 — Why Mark is passionate about remote work
- 06:30 — The point during company scaling when it started to become harder to convey the company’s core values 06:30
- 10:40 — The importance of employee onboarding, and why Mark decided to personally onboard new employees until the company grew to a team of 20
- 16:00 — The importance of the Employee Experience Team and People Ops to TaxJar
- 25:00 — How TaxJar’s transparency helped build trust among potential customers and new hires
- 31:00 — How remote job applicants can stand out
- 42:45 — Why it is now easier to raise money as a distributed startup
What is Mastering Remote?
Single topic deep dives. Bite-sized episodes. Expert advice to help you work smarter and manage better — remotely. For distributed team leaders and remote professionals. Podcast FKA "Outside the Valley."