When you hear the profession archaeologist, you might envision Indiana Jones, Tomb Raider or perhaps, Jurassic Park. Dr. Robin Woywitka is a real-life archaeologist who spent a large portion of his career working with the Archaeological Survey of Alberta.
We talk about....
- the adventures of being an archaeologist including encounters with Federales, lightning strikes and bear attacks
- how the love of junk, dirt, going to the dump and avoiding calculus led to a career in archaeology
- the Archaeological Survey of Alberta and its role in managing Alberta geography with respect to archaeological sites within Alberta
- what drove Robin back to school to do a PhD ( and why there is no such thing as low hanging fruit for a PhD!)
- the process of a PhD - the vital importance of having a good supervisor
- making it through the grueling candidacy interview (freaking out is normal)
- managing the psychology of the PhD process
- formulating your research questions and designing your project
- being comfortable NOT (fully) answering your question
What is Back to School Again?
A podcast for mid-life learners.