The biggest deal of the week: Monzo, the UK-based fintech company, is now a unicorn. The company has raised £85 million and now boasts more than a million users.
The UK plans to introduce what it calls a “digital services” tax that will target tech giants
- UK chancellor announces 2% ‘digital services tax’ on tech giants’ revenues starting in April 2020
- Hammond's digital tax faces opposition from big tech firms
- US attacks UK plan for digital services tax on tech giants
Interview: Christian Nagel, co-founder and managing partner at EarlyBird
Lessons learned from the story of Click & Grow, and the rise of indoor smart gardens
- Estonian-founded “smart garden” startup Click & Grow raises $11 million from an IKEA stores operator and other investors
- Q&A with Mattias Lepp, founder and CEO of Click & Grow
- I Tried the Click and Grow Herb Garden — Here's How It Went
- I grew basil and lettuce using this indoor smart garden — and the process was truly effortless
Events coming up soon:
- Govtech Summit in Paris; November 12
- Techstars Startup Weeks around Europe; November
- Global Entrepreneurship Week around the world; November
- Investors Day & BETAPITCH Global 2018 in Berlin; November 15
Did we miss something? Let us know by filling out the event submission form.
Our reading recommendations:
- Matthew Hughes on TNW: “Influencer marketing is bullshit”
- Diablo Immortal Reveal with Chat Reaction — Blizzcon 2018 Opening Ceremony
We hope you enjoy the podcast! Please feel free to email us with any questions, suggestions, and opinions at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet at @tech_eu, @nnovick, and @adegeler. For information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy
The Tech.eu Podcast is a show discussing the most interesting stories from the European technology scene.