How can digital innovation occur within the enterprise? And how does open source play into that? Jay Garcia knows best.
Watch the video version of this podcast.
- 0:00 - Jay has a pinball machine
- 2:02 - Setting context for the discussion
- 9:28 - Operating a business with an open source mindset
- 12:35 - Why some frameworks fail and others thrive
- 17:30 - Innovation within the enterprise
- 22:14 - Labs as an innovation center
- 26:00 - Transparency for empowerment
- 30:08 - The lifecycle of labs project "Modite Adventure"
- 33:07 - Going from a POC to production
- 35:28 - How the open source mindset impacts innovation
- 38:07 - Where to find Jay online
- The rise and fall of Ext JS
- ESP32 game displayed on Raspberry Pi’s using Hzeller’s rpi-rgb-led-matrix library
- Custom RGB matrix panel screen running ESP32 video game real time
- Modite Adventure game trailer
What is Digital Innovator?
Hosted by best-selling O’Reilly author and tech thought leader Ken Yarmosh, Digital Innovator bridges the gap between innovation and the modern workplace. As a Partner at Modus Create, Ken works with Global 1000 companies across the full digital lifecycle. Episodes include interviews with industry leaders, briefings on what you need to know now, and what’s coming next.