Chase Dimond talks about how and why he successfully transitioned from jack-of-all-trades to email master, the pivots in business and life that shaped him, and the powerful mindset shift that reinforces his daily decisions.
“By not choosing something and by picking everything, I did nothing. So as soon as I started telling people, ‘Hey, I’m gonna try this email marketing thing, that’s the thing I love, that’s the thing I’m good at’, they were like, ‘Oh, you do email marketing. All those emails I get in my inbox, I get it.’ It started feeling really really tangible. And when people understood what I did, that allowed them to help me. They were able to send me clients, they were able to give me advice, they were able to connect me with people in the industry.” ~ @ecomchasedimond
- When people understand exactly what you do, they can refer you to leads and ultimately help your business grow.
- The transition from doing everything to having a specialty means sometimes you have to say no. And you have to hope that people who only know you as one thing will give you a chance to pivot.
- Listening more than you talk can give you an advantage in business and life.
- Strive to add value to those around you, rather than add negativity or constantly fighting against those with different opinions.
Links and Important Mentions
- Chase’s website
- Chase’s newsletter
- Chase on Twitter
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation
- Check out a bonus episode with Chase
Stay in Touch
What is Live In The Feast?
Live In The Feast is a seasonal podcast for developers and designers looking to discover their niche to build recurring revenue. So that they can live the life that they want and ultimately reach the goals of why they started their own business in the first place. Each season will be a theme specific to your business. And each episode features a guest who's been there before and achieved success. You'll get actionable takeaways for you to implement in your business immediately after each show. No fluff, no pie in the sky dreaming, this is real-life examples and takeaways for you.