Psychoanalytic superstar Todd McGowan makes his second appearance on the InForm: Podcast. In this episode (after Neil makes an error) we talk about psychoanalysis in the classroom.
- How Todd started to get interested in psychoanalysis as a graduate student and the impact of reading Žizek's The Sublime Object of Ideology had on his formation as a psychoanalytic thinker and teacher.
- Does psychoanalysis need to be marginal in the classroom?
- Staying with the 99 & letting the one go.
- What it is like to motivate students, and one's own children... or not motivate them.
- Trying to teach from the discourse of the analyst.
- Teaching fro the discourse of the hysteric (or perhaps the obsessional).
- Grading practices.
- D&G's Anti-Oedipus as a text that might be more in line with Lacan than people think.
- Transference to institutions.
What is InForm:Podcast?
The InForm:Podcast seeks to be an informal and informative way to talk about the intersection of Social Work (or social justice if you prefer), Psychoanalysis, and Critical Theory.