A secret to success in content creation is knowing when to create and release new content. Luckily writing a piece of content is easier than you think. The more you batch, the more successful you will be. Learn how in this episode and schedule your content months in advance.
Many of us know that by keeping it simple and focusing all our efforts on one thing at a time, we will streamline our outputs and achieve significant results. I learned early on, one way to make writing content more effortless and more consistent is to "batch" produce them. I am sure you've heard this term before, especially if you've been in business for any amount of time.
But what does batching content look like?
- Brainstorm Content Ideas - Brainstorm topics, questions, images, interactive ideas, influencers and other ideas that can educate and add value to the lives of your target audience.
- Conduct Keyword Research - Keywords help people find your website and content.
- Create Your Outlines - Some people aren't too keen on creating outlines, but it's good to have something to help you stay on track with your writing.
- Write the Blog Posts - Sit down and focus on the intro, or if you're stuck on coming up with a snappy opening line, move on to another portion of the content.
- Proofreading & Editing - After you've reviewed your copy several times, I suggest giving it some time to rest before you make changes. Then make those changes, and proofread the copy again.
- Add the Bells and Whistles - By "bells and whistles," I mean things like the image used for the header, the descriptive words and tags used in the copy, the style of the layout, CTAs, including social sharing buttons, and so on.
- Create a Content River - Your blog/podcast/YouTube video/email and social campaigns should all be in alignment. Why keep recreating the wheel when you can easily create a social content river off just one piece of content.
Links For This Episode:
What is Digital Marketing Made Simple with Jennie Lyon?
How do you grow your online business? Grow your email list? Build a social media following? Start a webinar, online course, or podcast? For many people, creating a profitable online business is the dream. Discover why thousands of online business owners have turned to Jennie Lyon to help them grow their online business using digital marketing and virtual assistant services. Jennie shares her best digital marketing tips, practices, and strategies to get you optimal results!