Listen is as we go back to February 2021 and the 3 Areas for Your Groups to Shine in Today’s Culture. We still find that this will be relevant in your group's setting today!
- Listen with your eyes (don’t roll your eyes) acknowledge their view
- Sleep and hungry—know the right time
- Social media news vs. Good news
- Neither side may trivialize or dismiss the concerns of the other.
- Neither side should define the “other” according to one single characteristic or identity marker.
- Both sides should aim to help each other understand their own experience and perspective using a type of speech (words and tone) that can be heard by the other.
- Both sides should accept the fundamental ground rule of life in a free society: the essence of liberty is the right to be different and to act wrongly in the eyes of others—you will need to agree to disagree.
★ Support this podcast ★
What is SG² Steve Gladen on Small Groups?
Small group leaders, pastors, and more discussing strategies for growth and community in church groups. The Small Group Network is an international ministry that equips churches to engage in deeper discipleship and community.