David and Erin discuss having a mindset of learning with joy, being comfortable with asking 'dumb' questions, and defining clear goals
- Developer advocacy
- Write good documentation
- Confusing the solution with the problem
- Define clear goals
- Learning with joy
- "Does this solve a problem that everybody agrees is an actual problem?" - EM
- "Whenever you've run into problems, it's probably a goal problem." - EM
- "When you don't know what you want a function to do it can be really hard to write that function." - EM
- "A lot of people just don't like to close off possibilities so they want to do everything all at once." - EM
- "You can't ever make yourself irreplaceable, you can only make yourself a single point of failure." - EM
- "You really have to practice being okay with feeling dumb." - EM
- "You should always be looking to figure out how you can bring other people into your circle instead of keeping people out." - EM
What is Junior to Senior with David Guttman?
A weekly show for ambitious devs who want to take their career to the next level.