Dave (GM): I've got $500 here and he puts it up on the table. Money which which I'm putting up to to buy supplies, but I need you to go and get them for me.
Jimmy Harlesden: As agreed, we did with the last service we provided, discharge our debt.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Duty. Yeah.
Jimmy Harlesden: But of course, as good citizens, we will be delighted to help the town out in this matter.
Dave (GM): I'm not here to kill Indians, I'm here to rescue the children. Now, if you can help me do that, then I'm sure I can put in a good word with you up at Fort, at Fort Craig for for getting you, the supplies you need. Okay. So you've got half of what you think you'd want to get, but you've spent more than half of your money.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. I just could've hoped we got a better deal in for free for the rest of it.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Well, how do we find the guineas then? Yeah. I said no. You can't play on Ninja. This is an old west game, and they didn't have Ninja. Not in the old west.
Dave (GM): I'm Dave. I'm Game Master.
Jimmy Harlesden: I'm Tony. My character is Jimmy Harleston, young lad trying to make his way in the world, keep his ranch running successfully, trying to live up to the legacy of his elder brother, who was unfortunately shot in the head trying to do the right thing.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: So, I'm Andrew. I'm the older character group, and, I'm the family of Hawcock, and I'm the sheriff.
Marion Freeman: But you're also my business partner as are you, Jimmy. And I'm, Matthew, and I'm playing Marian Freeman, who is, in fact, the largest shareholder in the Freeman Halson Lounge.
Dave (GM): So the factor goes off. Your man and that load up the thing in the morning. He heads off with a 2 cavalry Escort. I think they see you guys are looking pretty pleased with the, with the detail they've been given, rather than chasing around bands of Apache.
Jimmy Harlesden: Oh, I'd rather let me say, please, when they're horribly murdered. Otherwise, you can't
Marion Freeman: steal our food.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Yeah. I'll make the bloody wine.
Dave (GM): Yeah. So next morning.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Mhmm.
Dave (GM): I guess you saddle up and
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Take too much time.
Dave (GM): Go and find the captain.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Guess I was asking where's the, what detail they've got where these Apache were last seen. Mhmm. Yeah.
Dave (GM): So
Marion Freeman: Get those bat tomato.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Good god.
Dave (GM): Yeah. So he said the last the last sighting they had was that the the the band of Apache were traveling south along the ridge South. Mhmm. On the west side of the Rio Grande. Their best guess is that they're over here somewhere.
Marion Freeman: How
Jimmy Harlesden: long ago was that sighting?
Dave (GM): A few days. So they basically got their scouts who had been trying to track them, saw this, came back and reported to Fort Craig, and then they basically settled up and raced south as quickly as they could in an effort to try and cut them off. So they do say, the captain says, there are there are cavalrymen, there are men from Fort Craig who are out there, to the north, still patrolling, still trying to run them down. But they came south in order to try and cut them off.
Marion Freeman: So your your plan is to basically go north up the ridge until you find them or meet your Pretty much.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. Mhmm.
Dave (GM): At least patrol this area so they can't can't escape south.
Marion Freeman: We
Dave (GM): we're not ready to ride out yet. It will be a couple of hours.
Marion Freeman: Are there any comancheros in town? I'm not asking him. I'm asking you. Have we seen any?
Nathaniel Hoarcock: I think they'd keep themselves pretty scared if there's an army.
Marion Freeman: No. But I mean, there's there's there's
Dave (GM): Yeah. So, I mean, they don't go around with a big sign on their head saying I'm a Comanchero. Ma'am.
Marion Freeman: But, you know, we've we've met some You know
Dave (GM): the you know the source.
Marion Freeman: Who traded with some.
Dave (GM): Yeah. I think I think there were probably some people in the Saddle and Cinch Oh. Who probably fitted the bill. Whether they are Camigeros or not, you don't know, but potentially had that look about them.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Right. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Is it worth
Dave (GM): Diggie dokie. Trying to get
Marion Freeman: some information out of them.
Dave (GM): Come on
Jimmy Harlesden: out, darling. I'm sorry.
Dave (GM): Come here. Good girl.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Well, follow all
Jimmy Harlesden: Come here.
Dave (GM): So I'll just get it to light now. Okay.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Well, do you think maybe trying to follow them? Maybe they think we've labeled them.
Marion Freeman: No. No. I'm no. I'm just thinking, you know, can we get some actual intelligence out of them about movements of the Apache this time of year, seasonally. So part of my theory is this group aren't running away from the soldiers. They're keeping out of the soldiers way, but they are living their nomadic lifestyle using probably the same rhythms that they do most years, you know, in terms of
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Well, you see, I can't help wondering. Maybe they're taking the if they have got the kitties with the children, are they? Are they taking them to Mexico to try sell them in Mexico?
Marion Freeman: Possibly. But, you know, we we need to have you know, they could be anywhere in 100 of square miles. So I'm just thinking, can we get some little bit of information rather than simply ride off in a direction
Nathaniel Hoarcock: and Yeah. Yeah. I hope you're get lucky. Yes. Yeah. I most probably have heard about.
Marion Freeman: Okay. Who was it that it that had seen a couple of blonde children with a with a band of
Dave (GM): It was a a trapper.
Marion Freeman: A trapper.
Dave (GM): Who reported that to Fort Craig.
Marion Freeman: Fort Craig?
Dave (GM): 10 days ago now maybe. And he'd seen them in the in the hills here.
Marion Freeman: Right.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Alright.
Dave (GM): Not quite the Gila Mountains, but not far. I could take it to Steaming Rock.
Jimmy Harlesden: Well, we don't wanna go there. I've heard bad things about the steaming rock.
Dave (GM): Across the
Jimmy Harlesden: the county line. Don't go anywhere near that place.
Marion Freeman: So I'm thinking I am going to if I if we recognize a couple, not recognize them like that, but I think there's a couple of common heroes here. I'm gonna go I'm not gonna make any, like, subterfuge or anything. What I'm gonna do is I'm gonna say, we're looking for a couple of white children.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Well, I've seen there's no plan trying to trick, so I must be seeing the fact I've got the badge chance to
Marion Freeman: Yeah. We don't need to. No.
Dave (GM): We don't we
Jimmy Harlesden: don't wanna spend too much time on this. We need to No.
Marion Freeman: No. No. Fairly. So And the story is they're traveling with Apache, band of some sort. Have you heard anything you can tell us that's useful? They got family waiting for them back home in Granada Springs.
Dave (GM): You know what I'm gonna say?
Marion Freeman: Make a presence role, obviously.
Dave (GM): Well, if you're trying to intimidate the information out of them
Marion Freeman: Well, no, but I'm I'm going with authority.
Dave (GM): You're being nice. Okay.
Marion Freeman: Well, I've just gone up.
Jimmy Harlesden: I'll give
Dave (GM): him a
Nathaniel Hoarcock: dice, so he's gonna do it. Yeah. Before I give him help.
Marion Freeman: Alright. Okay. Help.
Dave (GM): Are you are you former trying presents then, are you a performer?
Marion Freeman: Well, I want you to use my authority plus 1, which you think can only be spent on presents.
Dave (GM): Presence. You can you can try that. It means you're not trying to convince them. You're trying to No.
Marion Freeman: I'm just trying to I'm
Dave (GM): being above the positive. Influence over them by you're gonna tell me because I'm in authority and this is the right way.
Marion Freeman: Well, also, there's a moral thing here. These are children.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Well, can I get help because I've got authority as well?
Dave (GM): Absolutely. You can you can give them a dire help.
Jimmy Harlesden: Well, I have a present skill, so can I not then?
Marion Freeman: You don't have a present skill. So in theory, you can't. But I have 5 dice in presents, an extra dice for authority, and an extra dice for help from the
Dave (GM): The sheriff's did the idea.
Marion Freeman: And I get a success and one trouble, but I've only got one point left. So,
Dave (GM): I'm
Marion Freeman: not gonna push it. Alright. Well, I got 2 now, actually. But
Dave (GM): So he got one success as well. I mean, he he looks he does look at the badge, And he says, You know you can you know he's lying, but he says, I'm no comanchero. I I I come in here. They it's illegal. You know? You're buying buying buying stolen cattle off of of the Indians is I'm
Marion Freeman: not asking you is an illegal thing too. I who you are. I'm asking you because I'm wondering whether you know anything about this group.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: We're just wondering if you've heard about this group and the children.
Dave (GM): We're not interested
Marion Freeman: in seeing We're not looking in to hunt down common churros or anything like that. We're looking for 2 children who need their family.
Dave (GM): Make another roll, but you can have plus 3 this time.
Marion Freeman: What? Plus 3 as in 3 extra dice on this roll? Or an extra
Dave (GM): An extra yeah. So plus 3 in total. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: 2 successes.
Dave (GM): He says, Goodwill, I'm glad you I'm glad you know that, I'm no Comanchero. As you as you can obviously lie.
Marion Freeman: He's a
Dave (GM): Comanchero through and through, but he's not gonna admit that to a to a sheriff. I I, you know, I I know I know I know nothing of of the Apache and and their ways, but, there is a there is a nice patch of ground a few miles north of or 10 miles north of Fort Cummings that, I know the Apache in the past would like to use. That's as a place to stay. That's good. I don't remember how I learned that. I it's just No worries, Dave.
Jimmy Harlesden: That's for Tell you what,
Marion Freeman: it's early to drink this morning, but when it's time to drink, take a dog out here.
Dave (GM): He's already got a whiskey on the table. So
Marion Freeman: Have another whiskey. No. No. No. No.
Dave (GM): Muchas gracias, senor. Cool. And he gets himself some more. Mhmm.
Marion Freeman: And if, if any of your acquaintances know anything more, you know, just tell them that we're we're not here looking for Comancheros.
Dave (GM): And you you haven't found any Comancheros?
Marion Freeman: No. Exactly. But they could be reassured, whoever they are, that we're not here looking for comancheros.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Okay. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Right. Okay then. I think that's our target. It's as good as any.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Yeah. Okay.
Marion Freeman: Do we report to the captain, or do we go off on our own?
Nathaniel Hoarcock: I said we should let him know which direction we're headed.
Marion Freeman: Okay. So we'll go and tell him.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Yep. And
Marion Freeman: we'll point it Okay. From there. 10 miles north. Looks like that lovely little valley between the two bits of hill country.
Dave (GM): He says, okay. Well, you you you obviously I guess you know that Fort Cummings has has only got a skeleton, skeleton group there. They're
Marion Freeman: Hold on, Dave. I said no zombies. I'm not having
Dave (GM): fucking They're not zombies.
Marion Freeman: Union sub agenda.
Dave (GM): Sounds quite cool, actually. Yeah. Under civil war.
Marion Freeman: Things being done.
Dave (GM): Probably well, inevitably.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Yeah. Did a yeah. There were a few films about it.
Dave (GM): Yeah. I
Marion Freeman: think I played the Call of Cthulhu adventure with that, actually. Really?
Dave (GM): Yeah. Anyway Just as you mind your chairs, we should get up and we will get the diggies right there.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: They're alright. Okay.
Dave (GM): Cool. Thanks. So, you know, I wouldn't recommend going there and telling them about this. I don't think they would be able to help very much.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Okay.
Dave (GM): And, obviously, when we bring the children back here to to Las Cruces, then, yeah, the job will have been done, won't it?
Marion Freeman: Yeah. Yeah. Excuse me.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: He's a bit of a glory grabber, isn't he?
Marion Freeman: Can I make an insight, Roel, on the way he's telling me this?
Dave (GM): Yeah. What are you trying to glean?
Marion Freeman: He's very keen that we don't tell other people about this mission. I am not convinced the major at the fort has told him this.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: He's very keen to
Marion Freeman: grab the
Nathaniel Hoarcock: glory for himself a bit.
Marion Freeman: Well, I mean, he's not just grabbing the glory. It's like people just don't want to know things out here doing this job at all.
Jimmy Harlesden: Can I
Dave (GM): You can you can make a you can make a insight role? Yeah. Absolutely.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: You want me to
Marion Freeman: my insight is
Dave (GM): Yeah. If you you talk about it, maybe I'll out of his hearing. Yeah. But I
Nathaniel Hoarcock: must know that
Jimmy Harlesden: it seems to be
Nathaniel Hoarcock: a bit of a glory.
Jimmy Harlesden: First of all then for me, just
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Couple of days to
Nathaniel Hoarcock: help. He does seem to be a bit of a glory. He does seem to
Jimmy Harlesden: be a bit of a glory. Yeah. It's not really they just
Marion Freeman: Oh, and judge of character, I am, which I believe is live.
Jimmy Harlesden: Let me check. What level? 1. Yep. You get it. 1 bonus 2 insight test, if someone's lying or trying to pull the ball in.
Dave (GM): That applies. Yep.
Jimmy Harlesden: Four
Marion Freeman: successes. Great point.
Dave (GM): He is obviously a very ambitious young man and he wants the glory of rescuing these children all for himself. You think, he's happy to have people help him, but he he's gonna take the credit.
Marion Freeman: But it's an official mission?
Dave (GM): Yeah. Looks like it. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: He hasn't
Nathaniel Hoarcock: got young, long, gold locks because I don't have his shoulders. He's
Dave (GM): not called George.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: No. No. No. Okay.
Dave (GM): Or Custer. No. I mean, anything similar to that. Oh, okay. No. But yeah, he's yeah. You just think he's super ambitious and he's
Jimmy Harlesden: That's alright. Happy to do what he wants if it gets us.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: As long as as long as it gets us killed,
Jimmy Harlesden: well,
Dave (GM): that can happen, can't it?
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Mhmm. My
Jimmy Harlesden: brother discovered all too well.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Okay.
Jimmy Harlesden: Catch you right up.
Dave (GM): So yeah, so he says he's gonna do what he'd originally planned to do
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Mhmm. And
Dave (GM): then he'll he'll ride out along the road and then I'll head north up along the top of the ridge.
Marion Freeman: On top of the ridge. Okay. Oh, hold on.
Dave (GM): So the ridge goes up
Marion Freeman: that way. This ridge here
Dave (GM): This is the top of the ridge. This is below the ridge. Right.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yep. We'll
Dave (GM): To the west side is top of the ridge.
Marion Freeman: How how steep is this ridge? Because this is land that we know. Yeah.
Dave (GM): It's it's like a yeah. I mean, I don't know what you what the right name for it would be. It's a bit like a giant mesa. So we it's you
Jimmy Harlesden: could ride up it.
Dave (GM): It's not like an impossible Yeah. Yeah. It's it's quite it's quite long and high Mhmm. But it's not steep. It's entirely
Marion Freeman: We could do with surveying our land along this strip anyway, because we've got that ship of land that was
Dave (GM): As you get further in, obviously, you're getting closer to the Gila Mountains
Marion Freeman: Yeah.
Dave (GM): And that the train becomes hotter.
Marion Freeman: But but here is where we're going in. Yeah. Isn't it? Yes. So we'll go up on the down in the bottom of the valley and then climb up across. We should make better time than you because you've got sheer numbers. You're moving more slower than we are. And also you're climbing first, whereas we're climbing later. Yep. So hopefully, and hopefully that way there's a slight pincer movement as well. We may even drive them away from us and into your arms, which would pay Which
Dave (GM): would be good.
Marion Freeman: Which would look very good for you.
Dave (GM): So yeah. So we he says, we will we will be we will patrol all around here. Mhmm. So that will be our intended location for at least a couple of days whilst we search the area.
Jimmy Harlesden: Right.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Okay.
Dave (GM): If we come across our comrades from, Fort Craig, then that might change the power a bit depending on what they've discovered. But otherwise, you know, expect us to be in that area.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Just out of interest, how many men are actually in Fort Craig?
Dave (GM): Full complement, we've got about a 180.
Marion Freeman: Cool. That's about telling me Apache.
Dave (GM): We just saw it all this sort of She's actually a company of infantry and a and a full troop of cavalry.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Oh, right.
Jimmy Harlesden: Company of infantry.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Yeah. Good.
Jimmy Harlesden: Oh, maybe you know information trade for some children. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Always got
Nathaniel Hoarcock: them pulling your teeth, but there's But
Dave (GM): they're not I mean, obviously, they're they're never all there at the same time. Although,
Marion Freeman: I don't know.
Jimmy Harlesden: So they're
Dave (GM): obviously the rebels. They never I don't think it's like a national secret how many men they've got there.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Can you please stop cutting my fingers off there, please?
Dave (GM): Right. Okay.
Marion Freeman: It's Let's make that ride.
Dave (GM): 8 in the morning. Right. We're heading out. Yep. Yes. Indeed. Okay. At at pace?
Marion Freeman: At pace, I think. Show willing at least while we're in sight of the captain getting yourself done. Slow down then.
Dave (GM): Okay. So you're gonna ride out on Las Cruces, cross the Rio Grande, and then head up on the eastern side of between the river and the ridge, and then you'll go up
Marion Freeman: Until we get that point where that Yep. Land is. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Yeah. I guess, I mean, you're relatively familiar with at least some of this ground already. So it's quite close to your range. Okay. If you're going out at some pace, I will make you make a animal handling roll for for the day, for the ride.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Written down here. Hard gaps. So bust a hard gap.
Marion Freeman: Black dice.
Jimmy Harlesden: I'm gonna put the bus hand
Nathaniel Hoarcock: is the gallop, so we're gonna
Dave (GM): You got a Mustang?
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Yeah. Yeah. So Yep.
Dave (GM): So you gain yeah. You have plus 1. Plus 1.
Jimmy Harlesden: Because your
Dave (GM): horse loves to run.
Marion Freeman: I am born in the saddle, so that's
Jimmy Harlesden: a plus 1. I'm also born in the saddle.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Mine is
Marion Freeman: And what is my horse? Good Old Boy is a hot horse, is that plus 1?
Dave (GM): Yep. For for galloping. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: And short footage and high spirited.
Jimmy Harlesden: You've got short footage in those fucking spirit.
Marion Freeman: Oh, for fuck.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: What do you get?
Marion Freeman: However, I can oh, god. I'm not gonna push.
Dave (GM): Have you got too many ones?
Marion Freeman: No. I'm just not gonna you know, I'm only doing it to impress your bloody captain.
Dave (GM): Right.
Marion Freeman: It's all being varied off. I'm not making
Dave (GM): accurate breaks. Okay.
Marion Freeman: But I don't care about that. I look busy even
Nathaniel Hoarcock: if I'm bloody. Not pushing.
Dave (GM): Right. Okay.
Jimmy Harlesden: Alright. Got 2 successes.
Dave (GM): So I I think at the end of your first day, you haven't made as much progress as you would have liked. The failure is is just that you're not riding well. You're, you know, you're not falling off right now.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Too too too busy last night sort of thing. So
Dave (GM): I think you've probably only made about maybe 20 or 30 miles. So you're kind of at the bottom of the ridge here
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Right.
Dave (GM): As the first night begins to close in.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Okay. Is Cat
Marion Freeman: a lot, guys? It doesn't
Nathaniel Hoarcock: go to the scalp.
Marion Freeman: I mean, I can, I can add you my point of Hawkeye if we're all looking together, but somebody can If
Dave (GM): you're if you're wanting to make camp, that's a nature role?
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Not nature. No. I can't do that.
Marion Freeman: No. I can't do that. I can't do that.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: What? I've got 4 hours of coming coming.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Yeah. It's it's yeah. You can you can try it without the skill.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: I've got cunning. And if you
Dave (GM): fail to make a good camp, then
Nathaniel Hoarcock: You don't need
Marion Freeman: a rest.
Dave (GM): Yeah. It's not a good rest. So
Nathaniel Hoarcock: So what's your cunning? Who's got it?
Jimmy Harlesden: Oh, my cunning is 4. I have no
Marion Freeman: Your cunning is 4. I've got 3. Alright.
Dave (GM): Do you have nature skill either, Ruby?
Jimmy Harlesden: No. No one has nature skill. Okay.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: So we do the scout roll first before we decide that we're which Rattlestead Nest we're gonna sleep in?
Marion Freeman: Well, yes. Well, I said, shall we do a great, Scott? Well, I've got a point to hand okay. Yeah.
Dave (GM): What are you looking for? The bad guys.
Marion Freeman: Any threats or anything going on at the end of a day hard day's travel. But, yeah, mostly bad guys. I mean,
Jimmy Harlesden: it's about to be tonight.
Marion Freeman: God's sake, one of you make a Hawkeye roll with an extra dice from me.
Jimmy Harlesden: What's your Hawkeye?
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Well, Hawkeye is 1. My cunning is, yeah.
Marion Freeman: He rolls 5 dice.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. I'm the same. Did you roll it then then?
Marion Freeman: I roll 4 dice. So have a dice for me and me.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Okay. So it's nice. 4, 7 dice. Yeah. They're eventually 1, mate.
Dave (GM): Okay. Well, you don't spot anything.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Okay. I'm gonna
Dave (GM): try to do it.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Who's gonna do the cat?
Dave (GM): So Tony, you get 4 dice to try and find
Marion Freeman: a good Well, he's looking out.
Dave (GM): Find a good Can't be fun. There's no successes and a one
Nathaniel Hoarcock: that you're
Dave (GM): firing off the game. Fired off and pushing.
Jimmy Harlesden: Okay. That's done really well. So I've spent 2 faith points and I failed and got a trouble. I'm I'm just gonna take the trouble. This time I'm not buying that one. That's me. Another faith point to buy that off.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: I was joking about the reference legs.
Jimmy Harlesden: And my one for my trouble.
Dave (GM): Okay. I think your your fumbling attempt to do this, you've upset someone with your words or actions.
Marion Freeman: A rattlesnake.
Dave (GM): They react badly to you or to you laugh at you or show you no respect. I think that's you 2 probably. Well, that's that's getting normal, isn't it? Well, you make a fucking cat then.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Fucking hell.
Marion Freeman: I guess we could all have a go at making camp, can't we?
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Can we? I mean We'll make the fuck up a bit, don't we?
Marion Freeman: He's just he's, you know, he just
Dave (GM): Normally, he's dead. Should we
Marion Freeman: make camp in this pit of rattlesnakes? And we've got, are you a fucking idiot? And you can say, I know a better way of making cum, and you can
Dave (GM): go on
Marion Freeman: then, aren't
Nathaniel Hoarcock: you? I find a day of mountain tiger and mountain lions.
Jimmy Harlesden: Mountain tigers?
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Lions. All it was success.
Dave (GM): Right. Okay. I'll let you get away with that.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Do you see? This is how you
Dave (GM): You've gone into the night there. It's now dark and quiet.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Too quiet. Too quiet.
Dave (GM): Okay.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: I think I'm gonna do watch the house, do the old
Dave (GM): Well, I'm no. I think you you have a decent night sit. You probably do stand watches, I suspect, but I'm not gonna do anything. Dawn comes around.
Marion Freeman: Mhmm. Mhmm. Oh, Tashi.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Hello. Don't hang on.
Marion Freeman: What are you doing all the way?
Dave (GM): Dawn dawn arrives. Dawn. The sun the sun rises. Right. And you think you're around here somewhere.
Marion Freeman: Right. Let's go up this ridge Yep. Quick as we can.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: We'll take it a bit more time so don't fuck up our handling rules.
Marion Freeman: Well, no. I think we should be able to, you know, we don't need to push our handling rolls, but if we made our handling rolls, we'd get, you
Dave (GM): know, yeah.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: I think
Marion Freeman: we should do it.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Okay. Oh, there. What we got?
Marion Freeman: That's 5 dice plus 2 extra for the quarter.
Dave (GM): After being so cocky yesterday, Tony.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. I was so traumatized by trying to make campfire.
Marion Freeman: I'm
Jimmy Harlesden: just gonna
Marion Freeman: Yeah. I do rather well.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Do you? Yeah. You're ahead.
Dave (GM): Okay. So today, you're you're making good progress, but these 2 are holding you back.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Yeah. Oh, there he goes.
Marion Freeman: Being a little bit less
Dave (GM): Cavalier?
Marion Freeman: No. A bit more cavalier is what I'm trying to say, actually. Okay. Whereas, obviously, Tony kept holding back so that we could all arrive together. I'm I'm gonna go ahead a little bit.
Dave (GM): Okay. But you can do that.
Jimmy Harlesden: So, yep. Probably not probably killed before we get there then. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. I know. I'm being silly, but Okay.
Dave (GM): Can you please make a Hawkeye roll, Matt?
Marion Freeman: Oh, yeah. Can. So good. Pizza can
Dave (GM): as well. You can do it as a group if you wish though, the 2 of you.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: We're both 5, aren't we?
Dave (GM): Yes. Is that
Jimmy Harlesden: The other song?
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Yeah. It's on.
Marion Freeman: You can see me walking into Yeah.
Dave (GM): Yeah. So that's probably half a mile ahead.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Right. Okay.
Marion Freeman: I didn't see anything.
Jimmy Harlesden: I got one success. I'm not pushing.
Dave (GM): Okay.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Who goes out of the room? I go to the other room.
Marion Freeman: Do you wanna send me out with a room for what I don't see?
Dave (GM): Temporarily. Why not? Go on then.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: If you're half a mile away, I froze my mobile. I left my mobile home.
Jimmy Harlesden: Pull the door to you there, Matt.
Dave (GM): You're you're not gonna be long. Don't worry.
Jimmy Harlesden: So you're not gonna live for long? No.
Dave (GM): So as you're going across the plane Mhmm. Heading towards out of the foothills over here, and it's, you know, it's now kinda afternoon. Mhmm. Or maybe afternoon, but noontime. Matt is riding ahead. You see to the south, a group of riders who seem to have who seem to be converging on Matthew.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Oh, fuck
Dave (GM): it. They're probably half a mile from him
Jimmy Harlesden: Alright.
Dave (GM): Where they are at the moment.
Jimmy Harlesden: Can we show you detail of who they might be?
Dave (GM): They They are Apaches.
Jimmy Harlesden: And how many?
Dave (GM): How many successes did you get?
Jimmy Harlesden: 1.
Dave (GM): Make another one final.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Can I open so you can get a little off?
Dave (GM): You can certainly help. Yeah.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: So you can get a 6,
Jimmy Harlesden: you get because
Dave (GM): you're quite a way off.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Yeah. So you got 5 plus 1
Jimmy Harlesden: only? Yep. No. No. Don't wanna press that really.
Dave (GM): No. You don't know I it's not 2 or 3, but it's not 20. You you can definitely tell that. There's a few.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: I haven't been fired a shot in here to try and warn him. Could try and do that for me.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Yep. Absolutely. Yeah.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: So what I'll do then, because I'll get a cross on, I'll fire a shot in the air.
Dave (GM): I don't think you need to make a roll for this. You can just fire
Nathaniel Hoarcock: the gun. Yeah. Fire the gun and then push the horse.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Are you you're gonna gab up, try to close with Matt? Yes. Okay. Make animal handling rolls. Yeah. And then then I'll invite Matthew back in.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Come on.
Jimmy Harlesden: One success, I won't be fishing.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: One success.
Dave (GM): Okay. Yeah. Get it. You both lay your horses on, but you're gonna be you're a good couple of rounds away from there.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Okay. Well, I'd say, part of the fault warning shot. We hardly use the warning shot.
Dave (GM): Hey, Matt. You're running a lot. You're heading towards the oh, the washing force.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Yeah.
Dave (GM): So you can see them. They've both spurred their horses into a gallop in your direction.
Marion Freeman: Alright. Alright. So I'm looking back at them. I can see them there. They're my assumptions are obviously correct. I'm looking around a bit more. Can I see anything? Okay.
Dave (GM): I don't think I'll make you make a roll. Well, I will make you make a roll for this, but you
Marion Freeman: will still see something if you fail. So Okay. 4. I made a success.
Dave (GM): Okay. You can see off to your left about about a third of a mile away now, a group of Apache riders galloping in your direction.
Marion Freeman: Alright. Okay.
Dave (GM): In one success, you can see there's probably 5 or 6 of them.
Marion Freeman: Okay. I'm gonna put my hand up and wave to them.
Dave (GM): Okay.
Marion Freeman: In a greeting wave.
Dave (GM): Right. Wait for Randy to come back maybe.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah.
Dave (GM): I'll just shuffle these. Just in case. We might need them. Right. So you've seen, Matthew's obviously heard your gunshot, he's looked around and seen you. He's obviously then seen Mhmm. The Apache. And he's pulled his horse up and you can see him raising his arm in greeting.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Okay. Alrighty.
Dave (GM): They continue to gallop towards him. Right.
Marion Freeman: I'm slowly I'm I'm spurring my horse into a gentle trot towards them.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Okay. What do you 2 do?
Jimmy Harlesden: I think continuing to ride towards Matthew.
Dave (GM): Okay. Yep. You're still maybe a third of a mile away. Still a few hundred meters. As they're approaching, you can see that the group splits into 2 Mhmm. And a number of riders turn off and head in your direction. Again, at a gallop.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: At a gallop.
Dave (GM): And the rest continue towards Matthew.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Right.
Marion Freeman: And you said that, to me, they're about 5?
Jimmy Harlesden: 5 or 6. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: 5 or 6.
Dave (GM): Now they're getting closer, you can see there's 6 of them.
Marion Freeman: 6 of them.
Dave (GM): 2 of them 2 of them are coming towards you and 4 have turned off to aim for.
Marion Freeman: Are they within hailing distance yet?
Dave (GM): You could shout. Yeah, I think just about. Hello. Okay. Make a performing role.
Marion Freeman: Never go as badly. Never go as badly. 4 days. One success.
Dave (GM): Okay. It doesn't appear to make any difference.
Marion Freeman: K. Still running up towards him. Are their weapons obviously drawn? I mean, are they coming at me like this or like this?
Dave (GM): They are they are all holding weapons. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: But are they holding their if they're rifles, are they upright? You know, do they look aggressive?
Dave (GM): They do look quite aggressive. They're not riding on aiming Right. But they are, like, riding towards you, holding
Marion Freeman: And those 2
Dave (GM): Only only a couple of them have got rifles. Some of them, the rest seem to have bows.
Marion Freeman: Okay. I'm gonna say, We I can see them racing up as well. So I say this again. I ain't gonna shout. We come in peace.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Performing role?
Dave (GM): Okay. Another performing role.
Marion Freeman: One success.
Dave (GM): Okay. The 2 riding towards you get to about maybe a 100 meters and and pull up Okay. I will into well, maybe maybe 50 meters a bit closer.
Marion Freeman: I I will also
Dave (GM): pull up my horse as well. Okay.
Marion Freeman: So I'm not
Dave (GM): The the ones coming towards you are are closing, are still coming towards you. Alright.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: You're in total.
Jimmy Harlesden: So if you think we can see that
Dave (GM): Yes.
Jimmy Harlesden: What my manager's trying to do Uh-huh. I guess we'll do the same way, slow down and, like I say, raise my hand in a hopefully conciliatory manner.
Dave (GM): Yep. Okay. Yeah. Okay. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: I might need to just, you know, build on the lie. I said, those 2 are shooting at me. They're working with the US cavalry. No.
Dave (GM): Okay. Tony, make a performing role, please.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Yeah. Go. Did you get help
Dave (GM): or not?
Marion Freeman: Well, you're with him. Surely, you're both racing
Nathaniel Hoarcock: your hand. Yes.
Marion Freeman: Give him the extra ties.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Or do you want me to wear the robe?
Dave (GM): Go on then. Yeah. I'll let you have I'll let you have the extra dice.
Jimmy Harlesden: One success. I can't really push it because I've got 2 ones on my shoulder.
Dave (GM): Okay. Again, similar to the other ones, they Mhmm. They look very suspicious. Still look quite aggressive, but they
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Putting in, are they?
Jimmy Harlesden: They pull
Dave (GM): up, again, about 50 meters away.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Mhmm. Okay. We're keeping the distance from them there.
Dave (GM): They're kind of they're yeah. They're sort of
Jimmy Harlesden: I'm still Pulling up. Pressing towards assessing.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Well, no. If they're coming, they're coming out towards us. I'm gonna pull back. So so so keeping the fair at the same distance. They're keeping it from that. Yeah. Not charging into them. So Yeah. You know? Yeah. And to fuck. Yeah.
Dave (GM): They do they do move to be between you and Matt.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Right. Okay.
Dave (GM): So you'd have to either go through them around them if you wanted to keep going towards, Mattie.
Marion Freeman: I shot across. We're looking for information. Anybody here speak English? I'm saying it in English, obviously, because
Nathaniel Hoarcock: I don't
Marion Freeman: know know Apache.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Although, now I've got book learning. Oh, I can't remember our language rules, so I have to tell them what happened. Okay. That's for another time.
Dave (GM): One of the 2 that came towards you, shouts, white men in this part of our lands are hunting us. That Why we we kill white men who come here.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: No. That's good stuff.
Marion Freeman: I'm not white.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: No. It's not. It's true.
Dave (GM): We kill those white men then.
Marion Freeman: We you those men are my friends.
Dave (GM): White men, black men, they're the same.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: You're a white man.
Marion Freeman: I think the white folk differ. That is cute.
Dave (GM): When it comes to killing my people.
Marion Freeman: I know. Can I have a I come to avert killing? No. You you you you're not allowed with. I'm here to stop killing. I know there is a troop of cavalry looking for you. And if they find if they find a group of Apache, I worry that they will kill them. But if we can trade information, we may avert
Jimmy Harlesden: Can I can we be close-up to here this? Yeah. I think so.
Dave (GM): It's a it's a it's a kind of the the distance of
Nathaniel Hoarcock: So we're just starting down to walk now or we're actually standing?
Dave (GM): I think well, I think you've stopped unless you were trying to go around
Jimmy Harlesden: the people.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Oh, right. Okay.
Jimmy Harlesden: Now we can stop. We can stop this cavalry hunting
Marion Freeman: and make
Jimmy Harlesden: them go away. But we need to talk.
Dave (GM): White men speak in lies. We we believe nothing. Weird.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: So I try charming then.
Marion Freeman: Come on. Charming
Dave (GM): is no. It's charming is all about schmoozing, and seducing, and all that kind of thing. I don't think it applies here. You can
Marion Freeman: try You're better at lying than us, So given that white men speaking lies, give it a go. What what
Dave (GM): are you saying, Andy?
Nathaniel Hoarcock: I say, well, look. Just say we're here for information, I'll be honest, I'd say about children, here to trade for children, Might just say looking out for the 2 blonde here to trade for the children.
Dave (GM): Okay. Make a roll.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Hold on. I got 4 minutes. 7. Oops. Oh, there's a 6 there. Oh, 4 sixes.
Marion Freeman: Mhmm. Pave point.
Dave (GM): Did you wanna push?
Marion Freeman: No. No. What?
Dave (GM): How did you get? Four sixes.
Jimmy Harlesden: You might Fucks.
Marion Freeman: I've got a few sixes.
Jimmy Harlesden: No. That's 4. Oh,
Marion Freeman: yeah. There's something there.
Dave (GM): But that was good because if he hadn't succeeded that, he would probably have attacked you.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: So we're looking at it, so we're eyeing each other up basically, aren't we?
Jimmy Harlesden: It's a
Dave (GM): bit of a
Nathaniel Hoarcock: A standoff.
Dave (GM): Not literal, but nearly literal Mexican standoff. Mhmm. He says, we we have nothing we wish to trade with you. You have nothing of value for us.
Marion Freeman: We know where the, American soldiers are who wish to kill you.
Dave (GM): We know where the American soldiers are who wish to kill us. They are on our tail. If they follow us, they will die.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: You give us children. They know that then you won't die. You trade us the children.
Marion Freeman: We know where the second group
Jimmy Harlesden: are. They they may die, but many of you may also die.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Just so you so you had us you you had the children.
Marion Freeman: You are riding into a trap Oh, no. Trap between
Nathaniel Hoarcock: 2. Then nobody needs to die.
Marion Freeman: How many soldiers are on your tail, do you think?
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Do I get roll or not?
Dave (GM): There's always soldiers on our tail.
Marion Freeman: How many this day?
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Soldiers roll or not.
Marion Freeman: All on your tail.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Children, nobody needs to die. Many.
Dave (GM): Go on then, Andy. Yeah.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: I have got 2 successes. Well, I'm not pushing that because I got 2 two ones in the thing.
Dave (GM): It is not in my gift to make a trade with white men? And even if even if it were, what would what could you possibly offer me? Well, if
Marion Freeman: it is not in your gift, I can offer you nothing. But bring us to the man in whose gift it is, and I can offer him information that may save your whole group.
Dave (GM): We have no need for white men's lies. How would we know you're not telling us something which is to trap us?
Marion Freeman: You don't know that we're not telling you?
Dave (GM): And all we've been fed before by the white man is lies. The white man and his his servants, his slaves, his his his minions, they've lied to us at every step, at every opportunity. Why should we possibly believe you now?
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Because you live longer?
Marion Freeman: Nah. Do we? Because you have something of value.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Yes. You have a
Marion Freeman: I have a family grieving for their loss of their children. A community like yours who suffer.
Dave (GM): Make it performing well, Matthew.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Did you get any help from us too? Have you have
Dave (GM): one die of help?
Marion Freeman: Woo hoo.
Dave (GM): Because you're not, like, with him, but we just
Nathaniel Hoarcock: We don't like a good word. It's a group, don't we?
Marion Freeman: I'm not pushing that, but I've got a success.
Dave (GM): He says, I understand the the the love a man has for his child, which is why I will allow you to leave these planes alive. Ride east and we will not kill you.
Marion Freeman: Bring us please to the one among you who can make decisions. And we can all live to see the next moon.
Dave (GM): You've heard my last offer.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Look. I don't so so I'm speaking to somebody different. Must be, you know, because it's a different group, or is he speaking to both
Dave (GM): of them? I think they're, yeah, they're deferring to this Mhmm. This man who is obviously their leader of this group.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Okay. You may beat the Yankees many times. I too have fought the yankees fought the Yankees many times and beaten them many times, but they are many. If you just hand us the children, you get to continue your way of life for longer and in peace for a few more days. Is that too much to ask?
Dave (GM): I have given you my last offer.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: No. No.
Dave (GM): I won't repeat. I won't repeat it again. He said something in Apache, and all of it all of them are. The ones with the rifles are Uh-huh. Really, the ones with the bow are knocking an arrow.
Marion Freeman: We are great soldiers. If you wish to die today, then I'll pull my pistol out. Okay.
Dave (GM): Yep. I'll do one for him and one for the soldiers. Okay. So, Jack, you go first, Andy.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: I go first. Well, I'm not going to go use the old, yeah, cold because that's minus to draw, I think. My draw is minus 1. Yeah. So drawing won't do
Dave (GM): So I guess you probably you probably
Marion Freeman: I don't think we had time
Dave (GM): to draw I think you're probably holding your rifles.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Oh, no. Yeah.
Dave (GM): You want a gun hand, you just
Jimmy Harlesden: that's fine.
Dave (GM): I won't let you draw. Because I think under the circumstances,
Marion Freeman: you would all have drawn a weapon.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Yeah. Okay.
Dave (GM): I thought I
Nathaniel Hoarcock: was shooting one of them. Solid.
Dave (GM): Yep. With what? So you've got, you've got a slow action and a fast action. So you can aim if you wish or
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Aim get gives you a plus to hit, doesn't it?
Dave (GM): Plus 2.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Plus 2 to hit. Alright. It's a single thing. I'll just see if I've already got a gun. I'm gonna shoot I'll just aim and loose and fight the Colt then. Yep. Yep.
Dave (GM): That's your Colt 45.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Yes. Yeah.
Dave (GM): So it's plus 2 and then
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Okay. So, Mike, so some Where were we? It's quickness, isn't it? Yes?
Dave (GM): Yep. Quickness plus your shooting.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: That's a 6.
Dave (GM): Plus any bonus for the gun, which shows
Nathaniel Hoarcock: That's 8.
Dave (GM): Is Yep. And then plus 2 for aiming. There's at least 2 successes, I can see.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Successes are hit. 2 set. Yeah. 2 hits.
Dave (GM): Yep. And that's a that's a hit.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: And it's damage of 3. Yep.
Marion Freeman: What does your crit cost?
Nathaniel Hoarcock: My crit is 1.
Marion Freeman: So you can roll a crit?
Dave (GM): You can roll a crit if you wish.
Marion Freeman: Man. Or add one point of damage.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: We'll go for a crit because I'd like to put him down, I think.
Dave (GM): Hang on a minute.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Let's see.
Jimmy Harlesden: Well, that's
Dave (GM): That's 3 damage, wasn't it?
Nathaniel Hoarcock: 3 damage. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Yeah. And your crit? I should say red.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: I thought I'd say red.
Dave (GM): There you go.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: 65.
Dave (GM): Okay. That's That sounds bad. That is good if
Nathaniel Hoarcock: you're bad.
Dave (GM): You shot him in the throat. He's gonna die very quickly. Yeah. He basically falls off his horse, grabbing his throat with blood pumping from the wound.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Okay.
Dave (GM): Matthew, I think spades go ahead of diamonds. So you
Marion Freeman: Is that his men or him?
Dave (GM): So that that is him.
Marion Freeman: Right.
Dave (GM): That is his men. So you you go ahead with his men. But he'd obviously given them an order Mhmm. To be ready to attack you.
Marion Freeman: And I've got one apart from him.
Dave (GM): So there's him and 1 Yeah. Facing off with you Okay.
Marion Freeman: And
Dave (GM): there's now 3 facing off with you because you've just shot 1 of them in the throat. There were 4.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: No. Alright.
Dave (GM): Sorry, guys.
Marion Freeman: So I
Dave (GM): You didn't shoot him in the frame. No.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: I'm just like, sorry about that. I'm good. I didn't try that.
Dave (GM): That's a good start. It doesn't get much better now.
Marion Freeman: For shooting?
Dave (GM): He's out of the frame. What gun are you using?
Marion Freeman: I haven't even got to my gun yet. I'm probably gonna use my Spencer card plane. Although, I did kinda get my pistol out of my hands. Yeah. I'd said it was a pistol. I'll go for my pistol. Yep. Just checking. I don't have any, Damn. I should have used my lawyering skill there. I could have said, according to the Indian proclamation. He
Dave (GM): might not have believed you anyway, frankly.
Marion Freeman: So plus 1 for my walker, and that's it, I think. Pindyke. Come on. Give me some 6s. No. 260.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: That's good.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. And and 2 ones, so I'm not gonna improve upon that. So that is a damage of 2, plus 1 for a crit. I will roll that crit. Orange high.
Dave (GM): Okay. Yep.
Marion Freeman: 45.
Dave (GM): 45. You've shot him in the gut. That's a nasty hit. He is stunned, but he does get to resist that.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Is it?
Dave (GM): Yep. But he's only got 4 dice there. Or 5 dice. Okay. So he's stunned for one round.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Mhmm.
Dave (GM): That's right. It's, it's like a sneeze, but it's the other way around, so he does it occasionally. Okay. So he's stunned. Yeah. So you shot him in the gun. He's like doubled over on the back of his horse.
Marion Freeman: Can I, having So was that shot this guy or something? Oh, I didn't I didn't aim, actually. I've still got a quick action.
Dave (GM): So did you was that for him or for his his mate?
Marion Freeman: That was his mate.
Dave (GM): Yep. Okay. Yep.
Marion Freeman: So I say, we can kill your men, or we can talk.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Okay.
Marion Freeman: Can I make a presence roll? I'm not saying.
Dave (GM): You can, but it's it's gonna be really difficult. It's gonna be at minus 3.
Marion Freeman: Minus 3? Yeah. I've got 5 dice with my authority.
Dave (GM): Yeah. I've got 5 dice. They're ready to fight you.
Marion Freeman: Minus 3.
Dave (GM): The fight has just started.
Marion Freeman: Got a success.
Dave (GM): Okay. He got a success as well. Okay. So he's heard you, but And
Nathaniel Hoarcock: he's not interested. The blood is up.
Dave (GM): Okay. So there's 2 guys facing you. You are 3 guys facing you, isn't it?
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Yeah. But he's got because
Dave (GM): there are 4, but one is down.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: There's a 3 there then.
Dave (GM): So 3 is 3
Marion Freeman: is the leader.
Dave (GM): 8 is them. So there's 3 of them. So the first one, do they doesn't have a rifle. So one of them spurs his hawk. Doesn't spur his horse, because he doesn't have spurs. But kicks his horse.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Oh.
Dave (GM): It charges towards you, drawing the tomahawk.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Right.
Dave (GM): The other 2 are both shooting their bows at you. So the first one, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. First one goes for you, Andy.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Must know you.
Dave (GM): The second one goes for you, Andy. You did just put a bully for that guy's throat. So that probably makes sense.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Okay. So there she
Jimmy Harlesden: is. Yeah. Great.
Marion Freeman: He's the white man. He's the white man. So they Brookie's wearing
Dave (GM): the white man's badge as well. Okay. So he's got 7 dice. Okay. So that's one success Mhmm. With a bow which is 2 damage, but no grit.
Marion Freeman: That's 1 on grit, 1
Dave (GM): on quickness. One quick, one off grit. Yeah. And then the second one is firing his bow at you as well.
Marion Freeman: Shooting his bow. Unless he's set fire to you.
Dave (GM): Pinging his bow, swanging. He's swanging his bow. And he misses
Nathaniel Hoarcock: What the fuck do that?
Dave (GM): Sales past. You you like you know, your hair Mhmm. Rustles as it as it flies past. Yeah. And the third one is charging towards you.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Okay.
Dave (GM): Tone, your action.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Shoot one of them, please.
Jimmy Harlesden: So, the one charging towards
Dave (GM): you will be on you to hit your next round. Okay.
Jimmy Harlesden: So the pistolier, I've got the version 6, I think. So I've got the pistolier talent level 2. So is this current? So level 2 is, call shot penalty is minus 1 instead of minus 3. And level 1 is you just get plus 1 to shooting with a pistol.
Dave (GM): That is correct. Okay. So cord shot penalty is only minus 1 instead of the usual minus 3 when using a pistol. I have written down here, because I looked at it the other day, question mark or minus 2 rather than minus 1. But but it's minus 1 at the moment to say.
Jimmy Harlesden: Okay. So I am gonna shoot the one that's that's closing.
Dave (GM): I get to do a call chart.
Jimmy Harlesden: Probably. Let me just gather my license here. So my aiming is 2 quick as 4.
Dave (GM): The very good thing with this version is that open it up and you're right on the crypt table straight away. Mhmm. I like that
Jimmy Harlesden: very much.
Marion Freeman: That was designed. Yes.
Dave (GM): I know.
Marion Freeman: For Should we be doing a judge's screen?
Jimmy Harlesden: My weapon? Probably. I've got for my, level 1 pistol here, I get 1. Yep. So I've got but I can I've got time to aim?
Dave (GM): You have. But with aiming for a call choice, it's only plus 1 dice instead of plus 2.
Jimmy Harlesden: Okay. So effectively so if I aim, so now if I did a cold shot, I'd effectively take 2 away.
Dave (GM): Yes.
Jimmy Harlesden: It's originally the
Dave (GM): 9,000,000 11. Called shot.
Jimmy Harlesden: I'm gonna go for the called shot.
Dave (GM): And where are you going
Jimmy Harlesden: to head?
Dave (GM): Yeah. Okay.
Jimmy Harlesden: Okay. So that is 2 successes. Yep. Which is 3 damage and a crit of 1. So I'm gonna 3 damage and crit.
Dave (GM): It's, hang on. Bear with me.
Jimmy Harlesden: Because that's that was
Dave (GM): the one. I've I've just got myself walking cubes. So that is the one I'm at at the moment. Okay. Yeah. So, how much damage?
Jimmy Harlesden: Three damage.
Dave (GM): Okay.
Jimmy Harlesden: And the crit on his head.
Dave (GM): So he's been shot in the throat. Yep. So, yeah, you just roll the d 6. You don't need to roll the rest of it because the location is already settled. 2. How boring. Broken nose. It's not gonna kill him. You're basically as he's ridden up, he's seen you're about to shoot, he's pulled his head and you've basically taken the end of his nose off.
Marion Freeman: So what
Nathaniel Hoarcock: do they call no nose from now on then?
Dave (GM): You have a permanent broken nose look, he says. But that could have been
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Worked a bit better.
Dave (GM): Much worse for him.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yes. At this point, I think. Well.
Dave (GM): Okay. The last guy, the leader, he, he's gonna shoot you with his rifle. Oh. So he gets 1, 2, 3, 4. Is it 7 plus the rifle?
Marion Freeman: 7 plus the rifle?
Dave (GM): Okay. Well, that's a hit. The rifle damage is 3. Then he uses his second, his his fast action to prepare it. Okay. Next round. Should we be
Marion Freeman: redoing dice? Have we got any talents, cards, initiative that make initiative changes?
Dave (GM): Shit. So there is there is a there is a talent which is draw 2 initiative cards to keep
Jimmy Harlesden: the best.
Marion Freeman: But there isn't one about swapping initiative or if that
Dave (GM): There isn't, but we still can swap initiative.
Marion Freeman: Because swapping initiative
Dave (GM): doesn't Once per fight if you can dramatically explain why that applies.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. But it's it's not worth very much if we're gonna end up.
Dave (GM): No. It might it's it's it's Yeah.
Marion Freeman: So maybe we should get rid of that rule.
Dave (GM): Possibly. I mean, it it does change it in for one round, potentially, which might be important to make it more narratively effective. I don't feel the need to get rid of it at the moment, but
Marion Freeman: Okay. I'm just thinking that in in other games, other Yeah, 0 games, it stays whatever.
Dave (GM): Because it stays the same. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Anyway,
Dave (GM): Tony, you go
Marion Freeman: Tony, could you kill everybody now? Yeah. This vampers?
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. So I'll shoot again at the one I shot last time.
Dave (GM): Yep. Same deal.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yes. So I have also a far shooter level 1 which means I don't have to spend an action pair. A single action pair.
Dave (GM): Okay. That, you keep that for now, but that has changed.
Jimmy Harlesden: Has it? Okay.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Yeah. Another flash entry as well.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. What does it do now then?
Dave (GM): Basically that level of it is the second level because it's so powerful. Alright. Obviously, keep it as it is for this. It's not you know, I'm not gonna suggest anything. So so for now, the level 1 is you gain plus 1 modification to your draw roll in a duel. Mhmm. But level 2 is your action is so quick you don't need to spend an action to prepare before you attack with a single pistol
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Alright.
Dave (GM): Which was the level 1, but that is so powerful.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Mhmm.
Dave (GM): But it makes sense to make that the level 2 one, so at least you've got to spend a few more points on it. But stick with it for now. Uh-huh. I'm not gonna so you can
Jimmy Harlesden: Okay. So I'm not gonna
Dave (GM): I'm not gonna, you know, I'm not gonna change it now.
Jimmy Harlesden: So I've got basically 6 for aiming 2 for things. So that means I can aim. Yep. And I get plus 1 for
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Oh, that was okay.
Jimmy Harlesden: The pistol at level 1. I'm not gonna do a cold shot this time.
Dave (GM): No? Okay.
Jimmy Harlesden: I'm just gonna shoot. So that's 2 successes again. So it's 3 damage.
Dave (GM): This is on the guy. Basically, he's bearing down on you, howling.
Marion Freeman: No streaming blood.
Dave (GM): No streaming blood, but he's seeming to ignore that. Are you gonna push?
Jimmy Harlesden: I'm I'm gonna push. So I did 3 damage slots on. So if I use that damage, that would be another 4
Marion Freeman: damage. Which might break him.
Jimmy Harlesden: It might. Or it might not. Oh, it might not. 2.
Marion Freeman: Okay. I'm gonna push.
Dave (GM): Wow. K. So There's another 6 there as well.
Jimmy Harlesden: So that's 5.
Dave (GM): And yellow are your Yeah.
Jimmy Harlesden: Is it? So that's what I have got a trouble. Do I wanna spend both of my I got I got 7 on 3 faith. I might just take the trouble, I think.
Dave (GM): Okay. So roll the trouble first then. So d6. 5. 5. You're thrown off balance. You lose your next round.
Jimmy Harlesden: Okay.
Dave (GM): So I think in doing this, you've yeah. You're losing kind of control of your horse. The horse is bucking a bit. Uh-huh. And you haven't spent your next round not falling off. But Probably you can
Marion Freeman: do a crit and
Dave (GM): But that's 5 successes. Yeah.
Jimmy Harlesden: So yes. It's 3 so 6 So the other
Dave (GM): thing we said with crits Yeah. Is if you wanted to translate extra successes to make your crit even worse, you don't get to roll it more than once, but you can translate them into plus ones on the tens or the unit stars.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: That's fair enough. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Because otherwise because what we did before
Marion Freeman: With with that many, you'll surely take him down. You'll break him
Dave (GM): Yeah.
Marion Freeman: On one of his stats.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Because because otherwise, it it really sort of broke the the immersion if you roll it 3 times.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. I I I'm kind of I'm just thinking of this one with that many successes.
Jimmy Harlesden: Oh, yeah. I think we'll probably just do 7 damage.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. 7 damage. Yeah.
Dave (GM): You don't
Marion Freeman: You can break him on 1.
Dave (GM): Basically, he's down, but you might as well quit him because it's fun.
Marion Freeman: Okay. Spend a point on crit. Okay.
Dave (GM): Basically, 2 successes finished break. Okay.
Jimmy Harlesden: So I'll do I'll do I'll spend 2 on a crit then, which means I get plus 1 on the unit? The Yep. The units. Okay. So yellow is tens.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: So it's pluses it.
Jimmy Harlesden: So that's 23, if that sounds a bit crap.
Dave (GM): You've shot him through the hamstring. You can't run, minus 1 to move. It's not gonna kill him, but you've broke you've broken him with that shot and he falls off his horse and lands in a heap on the ground. That was nose guy. So
Jimmy Harlesden: Nose guy. Okay. So That's my guy.
Dave (GM): So 3 was against you. So he's the one the the warrior facing you, who you shot last round, is stunned this round. Yeah. Because they go next. Uh-huh. So the 2 warriors who are aiming at you guys Are
Marion Freeman: we loading their bows?
Dave (GM): So they yes. I mean, they do need to use a prepare action, but they are gonna still shoot. So again, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 as before. So the first one goes for Andy, and the second one goes
Marion Freeman: for Andy.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: I know.
Jimmy Harlesden: They don't like you.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: Oh, no. Obviously not.
Marion Freeman: Service badge. Yeah.
Dave (GM): And you did score. 4 out of 4.
Marion Freeman: You did just
Dave (GM): blow the I think the yeah. The guy next to them. Who did you just blow kill off his horse.
Jimmy Harlesden: Come on.
Dave (GM): Yeah. I know. Yeah. He's entirely shooting me. Yeah.
Nathaniel Hoarcock: No. I'm so good.
Dave (GM): Oh, you say you actually as a threat
Marion Freeman: Also, they've seen you, you're going That
Jimmy Harlesden: is valid. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Okay. So the first one, he hits you with the bow, which is a damage of 2, Andy, but no crit or anything. And then the second one.
Marion Freeman: Okay. That
Dave (GM): that hits you quite hard.
Marion Freeman: Tales of the old west is brought to you by Effect. The music is old west game by Stu Venable used with kind permission of the angry folk media empire.