This week we cover Honour Based Violence with Caroline Goode QPM. The interview centres on the horrific honour based murder of Banaz Mahmod.
- How Caroline's interest in becoming a detective began with a traumatic experience
- Why she fought to get maternity regulations changed in the Metropolitan Police
- Caroline's first role as a Senior Investigating Officer and the investigation that changed her life
- The story of Caroline’s involvement in the horrific Banaz Mahmod case and the eureka moment that eventually helped her team to bring her murderers to justice
- The difficulty of extraditing two of Banaz’s killers from Iraqui Kurdistan and how Caroline made legal history during the process
- Honour: Achieving Justice for Banaz Mahmod by Caroline Goode
- Caroline Goode Website
- Caroline Goode on Twitter
What is The Community Safety Podcast?
The Community Safety Podcast has been created by Jim Nixon from Birmingham in the United Kingdom. Community Safety is the use of skills, knowledge and techniques, to prevent and reduce crime, disorder and fear of crime and develop safer communities in which to live, work and visit. Community Safety affects us all in society, it's all our responsibility to improve communities. Some of the main issues affecting communities in today’s society is violence, knife crime, mental health, alcohol abuse, drugs, child exploitation, anti-social behaviour and many many more.