People of color aren’t well-represented in the outdoor space, and businesses are losing out as a result. Listen to Kara describe a business idea to help outdoor retailers reach untapped markets and build a community for people of color.
- Why focusing on inclusivity makes good business sense, and doesn’t detract from majority markets
- How everyday people can help those who are discriminated against
- How Lizzo leveraged the Kardashian brand to pave the way for plus-size women
- The typical success rate for an influencer to gain a sponsorship with a company
- How to write a quality cold email to people working at big brands
- Draft a mission statement around why this idea is appealing to you
- Complete market research around outdoor space
- Create a business plan for this idea
- Find complementary businesses and pitch them on partnering
- Research influencers who are already working with big brands and find comparable POC ones
- Contact POC influencers in the outdoor space and pitch the project
- Contact executives in charge of partner relations at big brands and pitch the project
What is Run With It - Business Ideas from Successful Entrepreneurs?
Successful CEOs have plenty of new business ideas. Aspiring entrepreneurs are in need of them. Run With It bridges this gap, bringing you business ideas and action steps from established entrepreneurs. Follow through and you can earn a free mentoring session with our guest, and potentially, a new business partnership.