Our pal Crystal Simone Smith from Backbone Press drops in to tell us Backbone's origin story and tell us a little bit about her own chapbooks.
- Backbone Press
- Crystal Simone Smith
- Down to Earth by Crystal Simone Smith (Longleaf)
- Carolina African American Writers Collective
- Amy Sherald artist
- Smithsonian Open Access
- Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University
- Sea Island Blues by Tyree Day (Backbone)
- Salt in the Sugar Bowl by Angela Belcher Epps (Main Street Rag)
- Tupelo Press
- Coffeehouse Press
- Finishing Line Press
- Longleaf Press
- In Your Absence by Lindsay Young (Backbone)
- Who All Gon’ Be There? by Danielle P. Williams (Backbone)
Thank you for listening to The Chapbook!
Noah Stetzer is on Twitter @dcNoah
Ross White is on Twitter @rosswhite
You can find all our episodes and contact us with your chapbook questions and suggestions here.
Follow Bull City Press on Twitter https://twitter.com/bullcitypress
and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bullcitypress
What is The Chapbook?
Noah Stetzer and Ross White, editors at Bull City Press, reveal the secrets of chapbooks—writing, editing, and publishing them—and take you behind the scenes at some chapbook presses. Contact the podcast with questions & comments using chapbook [at] bullcitypress.com; look for Bull City Press online at www.bullcitypress.com. Twitter: @bullcitypress; Noah Stetzer @dcnoah; Ross White @rosswhite