There's no celebration like a Disney celebration! The latest news on St. Patrick's Day at Walt Disney World, plus Women's History Month, Turning Red, Disney Junior Day and more of the latest Disney travel news.
New on the menu this year is a locally crafted seltzer, called “So Berry Les.” The name is a special tribute to John Cooke’s (co-owner of Raglan Road Pub and Cooke’s of Dublin) father Les, who found himself in the Guinness Book of World Records for setting a strawberry-buying record in 1977. So Berry Les was crafted in collaboration with Crooked Can Brewing Co. in Winter Garden, Florida, and is a light and refreshing hard seltzer infused with local Florida strawberry and Key Lime juice. There are also several Irish beer flights and, of course, the classic Guinness.
Raglan Road is flying in some top talent from Ireland including Jig Jam; the Lisa Canny Band; and Emerald Shore. Of course, the fan-favorite Raglan Road Irish Dancers will also be performing throughout the festival.
- At Liberty Square Market it's the Madame Leota Cupcake inspired by Leota Toombs: Chocolate-cherry cake filled with black cherry-lime cream finished with blackberry buttercream
- At Friar’s Nook, “it’s a small world” Cupcake inspired by Mary Blair: Lemon funfetti cake, blue raspberry buttercream, and vanilla-lemon buttercream
- And, on food carts on Main Street, U.S.A., you will find the Cinderella Castle Mosaic Cupcake inspired by Dorothea Redmond: Champagne-flavored cake filled with fresh raspberry champagne compote, finished with gold champagne buttercream, mosaic tile sprinkles and chocolate garnish
- Chorizo Arepas: Cheese arepas topped with chorizo, red pepper and onion-egg scramble, arugula, and sliced avocado
- Mirabel Cupcake: Cinnamon cupcake filled with custard and topped with coconut buttercream, toasted coconut, and Mirabel-inspired fondant garnishes
- Luisa Push-Up Cake Pop: Layers of vanilla cake and tres leches pastry cream topped with a doughnut hole ‘boulder’
- Encanto Cholado: Crushed ice topped with sliced fresh fruit, sweetened condensed milk and shredded coconut
- Nona’s Home-Style Meatballs presented by Sous Chef Lori Tiritilli: Italian meatballs with Sunday gravy, basil pesto, and scratch-made lemon ricotta, grilled focaccia crostini, grated pecorino cheese
- Carne Frita con Tostones presented by Sous Chef Natalie Floyd: Crispy pork shoulder tostones, pickled onions, citrus aioli
- “The Passion of My Life” Dessert presented by Pastry Chef Yoly Lazo Colon: Pineapple, mango and toasted coconut mousse, coconut chiffon cake, white chocolate crisp pearls and infused passion fruit glacage
- Lady Tano Pop, a concept by Chocolatier Katie Dodge presented by Chef Chocolatier Amanda Lauder: Plant-based coconut and blueberry swirled ganache topped with dark 65% chocolate
- “Rally of the Gazelles (Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles du Maroc)” is an immersive vignette found in the Morocco pavilion. It highlights the country’s all-female off-road race, where navigation skills, determination and teamwork mean the difference between getting ahead and going off-course.
- “Creating Tradition: Innovation and Change in American Indian Art” is an exhibit found in the American Adventure pavilion. It showcases authentic, historical Native artifacts alongside contemporary works of American Indian art.
Sweet Treats at Disney's Hollywood Studios: Indulgent Spring Flavors
Thank You for Listening to the Disney Travel Podcast
Thank you very much for listening to this episode, Amelia and I hope that you enjoyed it. If you did, we would be very grateful if you could rate, review and subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts/iTunes (or on whichever app you choose to listen). A brief review about what you liked most about an episode truly helps to keep the show going by exposing it to new listeners. We look forward to continue producing new episodes each week.
Sharing the podcast with your friends and on social media is also extremely helpful and very much appreciated.
Shop 1923 Main Street
Feel free to visit our 1923 Main Street® Disney merchandise shop where we have hundreds of unique and original Disney-inspired t-shirts, leggings, clothing, mugs, phone cases and much more. You'll find everything from 1923 Main Street logo merchandise to custom created authentic Disney-inspired originals, including lots of great patterns for leggings and other items.
Contact 1923 Main Street
Thank you for listening to the Disney Travel News Podcast at 1923MainStreet.com. As always, we love to get feedback and questions from our listeners and to hear your suggestions and ideas for future episodes.
Please be sure to follow along on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
Thank you for listening and have a magical day!
Mike Belobradic and Amelia Belobradic
Media provided by Jamendo
What is 1923 Main Street: The Disney Travel Podcast?
1923 Main Street® is a Disney travel podcast hosted by the father daughter team of Mike Belobradic and Amelia Belobradic. This is your source for the latest Disney travel news and what it all means for you.
Join Mike and Amelia for fun-filled informative discussions as they share the latest Disney travel news every week. Get the latest news for travel to Disney destinations, including Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Disney Vacation Club properties (including Disney Aulani in Hawaii and Disney's Vero Beach Resort in Florida), Disneyland Paris and more.
In each episode, Mike and Amelia discuss the very latest Disney travel news from resort hotels, to Disney dining, VIP experiences, special events, theme parks and more. Mike has over 50 years of Disney travel experience, while Amelia brings a younger perspective to the table with 11+ years of Disney travel at the age of 13.
1923 Main Street: The Disney Travel Podcast was nominated for Best Podcast Awards in the 2021 People's Choice Podcast Awards and the 2021 Canadian Podcast Awards.