In this episode Career Coach Mayda Poc joins me for another honest, candid and thought-provoking conversation; this time focusing on how the workplace landscape is changing for women. We talk about our experiences working in male-dominated industries and share our thoughts on the challenges of learning to communicate and work together in a healthy way, and the possibility of moving away from gender stereotypes.
- Mayda shares her experience working in the field of finance
- Wendy shares her experience being active duty in the military
- How the concept of consent is changing
- The importance of not assuming you know someone’s intentions when they’ve triggered you
- The evolution of gender stereotypes
- Indigenous prophecies about this time in history - moving towards a time of balance between the masculine and the feminine
- Pendulum swinging process
- Global trauma and political trends
- The importance of women moving into leadership positions
- Healing individual wounds
- Trends Mayda’s noticing in her work with women
- And Mayda’s observation of what she refers to as ‘misplaced loyalty’
- The powerful role parents play in role modeling for their children
- Our tendency to resist change
- Creating an atmosphere of adaption and flexibility
- Mayda share communication tips (ie, how to assert yourself as a woman)
- Accessing confidence - pretending vs knowing
- Who are you separate from your gender?
Visit Lucid Cafe host Wendy Halley's website
What is Lucid Cafe?
What's on the menu at Lucid Cafe? Stories of transformation; healing journeys; thought-provoking conversations about consciousness, shamanism, psychology, ethics. Hosted by Wendy Halley of Lucid Path Wellness & Healing Arts.