We preview some of the titles coming to Dublin as part of JDIFF 2014, look back on a month of Oscar contenders, review Lone Survivor, share our Oscar picks and preview some of February's releases including Robocop and Her.
The first podcast of 2014 and number 14 in our series features…
- A preview of the forthcoming Jameson Dublin International Film Festival, including Calvary (pictured above), Stag, The Double, The Grand Budapest Hotel and Gold
- A yack about the big Oscar contenders that came at us week after week this January – American Hustle, 12 Years a Slave, The Wolf of Wall Street and Inside Llewyn Davis
- Nigel reviews Peter Berg and Taylor Kitsch’s follow-up to Battleship – Lone Surivor
- Páraic’s practice paid off as he has no problems pronouncing Chiwetel Ejiofor and Lupita Nyong’o’s names
- We answer the question of what Bob Dylan and Martin Scorsese have in common
- And we share our Oscar predictions. Loser has to write all the reviews for the next six months
What is Spool Film Podcast?
The place for Irish cinema-obsessives Páraic McGeough and Nigel Wheatley to discuss the best and worst films that they've seen in cinemas and on the telly. We've been on the go since 2012. Say hello @spool on Twitter.