This is an episode where Megan Dahlman interviews Dr. Jennifer Penrose on the “Strong Mammas Podcast” on: Common mom injuries: plantar fasciitis, kneecap and it band pain, and more lower body injuries
Do your knees hurt a lot? Or maybe you have foot pain, like Plantar Fasciitis? Or maybe it’s IT Band syndrome...that horrible stabbing on the outside of your knee? Momma, you do NOT need to suffer through this stuff! So often, we tend to minimize our own aches and pains, half-heartedly saying “we’ll take care of it someday”. But listen, it’s time that you become an ACTIVE PARTICIPANT in your healing process!
In this new series, I’m chatting with various physical therapists and looking into the most common injuries that we face as moms. Today, I have the opportunity to interview Jennifer Penrose, a Doctor of Physical Therapy that literally wrote the book on common running injuries...everything from foot, ankle, shin, knee and hip pain.
- What is plantar fasciitis and how can we fix it?
- What’s causing the sharp stabbing or dull aching pain in your kneecap?
- Is there a way to find relief from IT Band pain, that horrible ache on the outside of your knee?
- And what, if anything, can you do to never suffer these things again?
- Strong Hips and Core
- Jennifer Penrose’s Podcast: Stay Healthy South Sound
- Run Forever: The Secrets to Common Walking & Running Injuries by Jennifer Penrose, DPT
- The Strong Mommas Squad - FREE private FB community
What is Stay Healthy South Sound?
On the Stay Healthy South Sound Podcast, we provide tips on staying healthy and expose common myths about health and aging so you can enjoy a healthier and active life in the amazing South Sound. This podcast is brought to you by Dr. Jennifer Penrose owner of Penrose & Associates Physical Therapy.