Chris/GM: You want to have a pre session topic?
Pete/GM: No, I thought we already
Audrey/Freya: done that crap um Yeah, it's combat. That's a thing I'm gonna fight
Pete/GM: and hopefully he
Audrey/Freya: goes better than he did last time. I mean,
Archedas/Varren: look, if Kadipa wants to show up and Mia wants to throw hands, I just hope that his hands are capable of catching bullets made of cold iron, because he's gonna have a lot of those.
Misfit/Mia: I just have this image of being thrown at Kniepo and just being like, Claws out, Mia!
Audrey/Freya: Claws out! Claws out!
Pete/GM: It's just
Archedas/Varren: a full raised cat, except it's terrified in the process.
Chris/GM: Is this guy something
Pete/GM: special? Like throwing a cat into water. Hey,
Archedas/Varren: Kniepo! I bet you weren't expecting this! We're gonna throw the person you've been fucking, like, stalking at you! Head first!
Pete/GM: Catch this fox! I'm
Audrey/Freya: into this. I'm into this idea. I'm okay
Pete/GM: with it.
Archedas/Varren: Vin, I'm gonna need you to throw her. I don't have any strength and health. Vin,
Pete/GM: I need you to throw her. I'm dex based. It was not the first time
Chris/GM: I've thrown Mia across the map.
Pete/GM: Fair. We
Audrey/Freya: have
Misfit/Mia: done that
Audrey/Freya: before.
Chris/GM: I'm just editing that episode now, just talk, like, I remember just sitting there thinking like why is Mia making me roll
Pete/GM: for her?
Chris/GM: Like, why are we putting this pressure on me to roll athletics twice, and Mia is just home free if I make it or not.
Archedas/Varren: Yeah. Well, see, the trick is you get her to turn into a fox and then you roll her into a ball and you just bowl her.
Chris/GM: Ah, next time, next time. Kniepo's now a pinball.
Archedas/Varren: You can knock out their legs that
Pete/GM: way.
Archedas/Varren: I mean, it's the Thin Man, they'll probably just break his shins.
Misfit/Mia: Goddamn
Audrey/Freya: Thin Man.
Pete/GM: I'm terrified and full of anticipation that one morning I will wake and have found the thing I need to eat. I will walk to a certain door and knock, my mouth watering in anticipation and my smile spreading to reveal something altogether new. Welcome to Ash and Snow. We begin our tale back at the outskirts of the Finland Farms where a portal has opened in front of you. However, there is also some danger around you as three Temegirs have emerged from the shadows. What do you all do? For clarification,
Chris/GM: we're outside
Pete/GM: the portal. Yes, uh, you're very close to the portal. Uh, you can easily Go through it. You can make your stand here. It's your
Chris/GM: choice. Did these things come out of the portal, or did they just
Pete/GM: manifest? They manifested out of the shadow of the tree line. I mean, can they
Chris/GM: follow us into the portal?
Archedas/Varren: I would suspect as much, just actively loading his gun and getting just at the ready. Yeah,
Chris/GM: I'll pull
Audrey/Freya: out my, uh, I'll draw my sword,
Chris/GM: just in
Pete/GM: case. It is a thin looking portal. It's almost like someone zipped open thin air. And on the other side, you can see this grayscale forest. Uh, the trees look dead, but there is a path clearly leading through it. Kniepo seems to be summoning you, and now pressuring you to go in, as the Temigurs start to stride towards you. Go ahead and have everyone roll for initiative.
Audrey/Freya: Why? Why? Why is it again? Oh man, why did
Misfit/Mia: I do so good on initiative? What? I never do good on initiative. That's terrifying. I don't
Audrey/Freya: want to make decisions. Don't worry, one
Archedas/Varren: of the dogs also
Pete/GM: loved it.
Chris/GM: I would be the furthest away from Varan as physically possible. Respectfully.
Pete/GM: There. Got it. You can be five more feet away. Mia, you are first to notice It's the growling from behind you. You're also the first beyond the Temugir, and see, within the shadow is a tall, thin silhouette. It's like an eight foot tall man is standing there, just beyond the sight of everyone else. Though before you're able to really point him out to anyone, the shadow disappears further into the darkness of the forest. And the only thing that you see right before it totally disappears is a finger pointing out towards you and then making a gesture to come.
Misfit/Mia: I, I, uh, so Mia just kind of like looks over her shoulder to Freya and Viren and is just like, Uh, what
Pete/GM: do
Audrey/Freya: I
Misfit/Mia: do? He's, he's kind of just asking me to come over and I don't feel like that's a good idea and like As she's kind of, like, actively panicking, she's raising her fists, like, trying as hard as she can to be as tough as she can.
Pete/GM: Do you want to delay your action until someone else goes? Yes.
Misfit/Mia: I like to think that Mia is so afraid of everything that's happening that she's kind of just
Pete/GM: frozen. Gotcha. In that case, one of the Temagirs runs towards Vin. It is making this odd, echoey like bark. As the dog like creature with black eyes runs towards you and then tries to bite at you then. Rude. It strikes and is able to pierce your skin for 8 points of damage. I like being alive, I'm gonna apply a
Chris/GM: selfless shield as this purple flame emanates right in front of me, which creates hopefully just a little bit of hesitation for him to pull back that
Pete/GM: strike. But he's also slightly
Chris/GM: corrupted. And more vulnerable to some of my attacks. A little bit of that purple flame emanates and remains on his body. Just for a little while.
Pete/GM: Okay, so you will gain resistance to piercing damage. Equal to, uh, three points. That eight points of damage will be reduced to five. The Temugir then tries to pull out some of your shadow. And I need a fortitude save from you. Eighteen plus seven, twenty five! At 25, that is a regular success, and so you take no damage, as you see a shadow of yourself being grabbed like a ragdoll by the Temugir, but is able to shake the dog off. Varen!
Archedas/Varren: Varen is rather immediately just going to step his way over, more in front of Mia. It's kind of like a Probably gets out of the way. A definite, you're not going this direction, I'm physically putting myself between you and it. I'm gonna get a quick glance at this Temugir attacking Vin here. Uh, we're gonna do a exploit vulnerability on this Temugir, but that's a nat 1. Very much more concerned with trying to keep Mia out of the way. This does classify as a recall knowledge check, but sort of distracted here to this Temugir. Leaping at Vin, I'll end up being flat footed against anything that that one tries to do. Quickly just level the gun, fire off a shot at this one attacking Vin, Uh, for a 16 to hit.
Pete/GM: That'll
Archedas/Varren: do it. Doing 8 damage
Pete/GM: to that buddy. Alright, the Temugu takes it. Does look worse, but is still pretty healthy.
Archedas/Varren: And after that, he's going to just turn to the remaining two and just shout out towards where Mia was kind of directing them, as like, he's over there. Just call. If you're wanting us to enter your domain, you don't need to be sending these beasts. Call them off and we'll
Pete/GM: go in willingly. A second Temugir pounces towards Varan.
Archedas/Varren: Rushing up, you
Pete/GM: know it's getting hit. It bends into the light and then reappears straight in front of you, then tries to bite you, Varan. Even as it's
Archedas/Varren: rushing in there, it's gonna hit, but as it is rushing up, it is gonna get another shot straight to it. He's at the ready at this point. Okay. Just not cl It's rushing too forward, he's trying to keep an eye on the one attacking Vin, trying to keep Mia adjusted behind him and not getting charged at all. Just doesn't manage to catch it.
Pete/GM: Okay, that is all the actions for that Temugir. The last one runs up to Mia. I feel like I'm gonna get kidnapped. It does try to grab you. It's gonna do an Athletics check versus your Fort DC to see if it's able to grab you. Roooooooooom That is a 10 total. Your fortitude is 15. So it fails to grab at you. It is then going to try to intimidate you. How does it intimidate me? Just by growling really loudly.
Misfit/Mia: Me, I would totally growl back.
Audrey/Freya: Just grrrrrr!
Pete/GM: So your Will DC is 16 and it rolled a 14 total, so you're not intimidated by it. It is odd that the other Timogyrs have made such hostile actions towards your party, and is seeming to take a lighter touch with you. Do you want to act now?
Misfit/Mia: Yeah, I'm gonna punch it. Just like Freya taught me, you just need to like, square up, and like Try to punch it as hard as she
Audrey/Freya: can. Okay. Bad dog! I don't know if it's gonna work.
Archedas/Varren: Unarmed attack roll. Unarmed
Chris/GM: attack. This is gonna let her go
Archedas/Varren: bonk with your staff. If you have a staff.
Misfit/Mia: If you have a staff. I don't want to go bonk with my staff though. It's more of a seeing eyed staff than, than a fighty fight staff. There, there.
Archedas/Varren: Punch a dog. In the eye. I'm
Misfit/Mia: gonna, I, I feel, wouldn't you say it like
Audrey/Freya: that?
Archedas/Varren: God! I mean, they, they don't have, they're, they're missing, like, the entire face is a void of eyes.
Pete/GM: I'm just gonna, like,
Misfit/Mia: try to bop it on its nose.
Audrey/Freya: Like it's a shark?
Misfit/Mia: Yeah, like a shark. Exactly. I'm glad you
Pete/GM: understand. You are welcome to try. Go ahead and make that roll. I don't bop it well. No, you try to swing your fists and the Temugir rears its head back and you just push right by it. That's only one action, though. You have two more. So, if
Misfit/Mia: bopping it isn't going to work, yeah, I'm gonna use magic, cause fuck this. Part of my language. Screw this. Alright, so, Bia grabs the end of her staff real fast and kinda just blows on it. She casts light on her staff, and just kind of uses the light, assuming that shadows aren't going to Enjoy being touched by Light. She just kind of lights the end of her staff up and pokes at it.
Pete/GM: Okay, now Light does have the somatic trait, which is Manipulate, so it's going to get an Attack of Opportunity at you. Okay, ow. That is a critical success with 28, doing 12 points of damage to you, Mia. Good try, Joel. But yes, it isn't necessarily affected by the light, but they won't be able to use this kind of teleportation ability that they have through shadow. That is a very good call. Then, is it safe to say weapons were out? I would say so. I got this one!
Audrey/Freya: Thank you!
Pete/GM: That would be a 23 to hit. Alright, your foul chard makes it. It's contact, dealing 12 points of damage, and we'll do
Chris/GM: one point of negative damage. So as that sheroic happens, this is something that's probably hasn't been seen yet. I can't remember if I described this, but he brings the polearm down, slices this dog creature right on the side,
Pete/GM: and then the flames
Chris/GM: begin to envelop within the wound, expanding not a fire attack, but something that is actually sucking part of that life out of them. Even he seems a little surprised by this action. And as he does, he goes, I intended that! And we'll strike again.
Pete/GM: That is a natural 20! A big spec.
Chris/GM: For 24
Pete/GM: damage.
Archedas/Varren: Well, it's red
Pete/GM: paste now! Easily enough to kill that first Temigyr.
Chris/GM: With that, I'm going to look at the one in front of Varan, which I think would be the closest one to my line of sight. And much like they are growling at Mia, I will try to imitate a growl there using some of that fire that I demolished with this particular Temugir to create an intimidating glare. 11 plus 7, or 6 is
Pete/GM: 17. A 17 will frighten that one Temugir in front of Vin. And that's me, Freya.
Chris/GM: I will take a 5 foot step forward.
Audrey/Freya: Putting myself right next to Mia, and then with my weapon I am going to two action spellstrike Gouging Claw against this
Pete/GM: Temugir. That is a critical hit for 26. Don't
Archedas/Varren: touch the fox!
Pete/GM: Yeah. Bad. Bad dog. Doing 8 points of damage to the Temugir, and 10 more for the Gouging Claw. The Temugir is still alive, but looking very bad. Because just
Misfit/Mia: looking at both of you with, like, tears streaming, like, I appreciate you so
Audrey/Freya: much! As Freya casts Gouging Claw, she has this now silvered short sword that she has, uh, named the Talon, and it itself kind of sprouts fangs from it. As, uh, with an underhanded strike, she will sort of rake it down the side. of this Temugir, and, uh, that is all three of my actions, one to
Chris/GM: step, two to spellstrike.
Pete/GM: Varen, with that first Temugir now dead, it's your turn. Varen's
Archedas/Varren: just going to briefly kind of interpose himself between Mia and the one that's kind of pounded itself back a little bit from Vin's stare, and briefly just turn, keeping his weapon loaded and ready at this thing so it doesn't go to bite him, and just briefly turn back to Mia a moment. Mia. Yeah. We're going to be fine. You don't need to worry. I'm worried. Get yourself whatever distance you need from this thing. You'll be safe. Listen. I don't know who I am. I don't know where we're going. What I do know is we're going to kill the Thin Man. This is going to be an encouraging words from Varin, uh, a new skill feed that I picked up. I got a roll of diplomacy check here. It's basically battle medicine for stamina. But instead of rolling Medicine, I roll a Diplomacy check, a skill I'm actually good at.
Pete/GM: DC is 15. As a 24, nearly a critical success. Almost. You are gonna be able to give Mia back some stamina. Yay!
Archedas/Varren: So you are gonna get back 1d8 stamina. 2 stamina back.
Pete/GM: That's 2 more than you had. Yeah, it's
Archedas/Varren: 2 more health than you had before. I will take it. Going to briefly Take a step and then just fire off a shot at this one near Mia. No time to look into what these things are further. This one is looking injured. The other one's a bit hesitant. So trying to get her some space is the best option that he has. Just leveling off this rifle and Oh boy, that's gonna hurt with a 26
Pete/GM: to hit. Another critical success! This dog,
Archedas/Varren: it's already injured, I, it's Have a gun. Have 35 damage.
Audrey/Freya: Have 35 gun. I cast gun.
Archedas/Varren: I level a gun at this thing and blow a hole from head to backside. It is gone. Mia
Misfit/Mia: just like, flakes blood off of her robes, like, that have now just stained, and she looks down and she's like,
Audrey/Freya: This is acceptable.
Archedas/Varren: This is why you don't wear white, Mia. Varen just blasts this thing, looks back at Mia. Like I said, we're going to kill the Thin Man. Exactly like that. You wanna
Misfit/Mia: talk about your suppressed
Pete/GM: rage? The Temigear steps between Varen and Mia. It then bites at Varen, trying to, uh, reconcile some of the damage that you've done to its teammates. And unfortunately, that is a natural one. Well, fortunate for you. Doesn't do anything on its first strike. On its second strike, it also misses, with a 14 missing by
Archedas/Varren: Baron still has his arm leveled to where he was aiming for the other Temagir that he just blew into oblivion. And this dog comes up and goes to try and bite his arm and the bird just kind of pops out of the tattoo and just pecks its nose twice. Just, no, bad,
Audrey/Freya: stop.
Archedas/Varren: Birds are better than dogs, fight me.
Pete/GM: Mia, you're up.
Misfit/Mia: She, she steps behind Freya to just give the actual fighters space to do the actual fighting. Because Mia feels a little overwhelmed, she's like, I really like medicine,
Audrey/Freya: I'm really in the moral with you guys, the moral counter, I just want to heal people, yeah.
Misfit/Mia: Anyway, I'm here. Now just incoherently babbling to herself. I am, not that I think it's going to do much, but Mia will absolutely try to hit it with a daze. Perfect. So she, she looks at the, what are they called again? I'm so sorry. Chemigears. Mia turns back into a fox, cause she feels safer as a fox, and then through Freya's legs, locks onto this. Creature and just tries to bombard it
Pete/GM: mentally and you succeed as it only gets a 13 trying to beat DC of 18 so go ahead and roll that damage. Damage! Take four mental damage from that. Sticks
Misfit/Mia: her tongue out like hmm
Pete/GM: screw you. All right then. I've been kinda surprised that everything
Chris/GM: is going on. We've had a lot of very aggressive attacks coming out of our side. And at the moment, maybe I just see a little sad dog here. But that conviction to save Mia, and seeing how sad Mia is as she slightly retreats backwards, causes him to move forward and will Reach out with his hand as this purple flame envelops and attempt a touch of corruption. I need a fortitude save, please. Okay.
Archedas/Varren: Pet the dog, but
Pete/GM: also kill it. It only gets a 13 for its fort save. So you're able to damage it even more for six more points. Six
Chris/GM: points of negative damage as this flame envelops this Temagear and his AC is reduced by
Pete/GM: two for one round. As I do that,
Chris/GM: I use my third action to swing for a miss. Thirteen to
Pete/GM: hit. So yeah, AC has been reduced by two. That last strike missed though. So I think that's all of your actions? All of my actions. Move on to Freya. Can she end this fight?
Audrey/Freya: I am going to close in on this Temugir, therefore, um, pulling in the flank with Venn. And I am going to just slash out at it with
Chris/GM: my
Pete/GM: sword. That is another critical success! I did this. Thanks to both your flanking and to the reduced AC, 23. Gets 10 after the AC, so you damage it for 10 more points. It is very near death. Well then,
Chris/GM: let's
Audrey/Freya: follow it up with one more attack. As I see that my first one has hit home, I will wind back and strike again. For
Pete/GM: 19. 19 also hits. For 2 damage! 2 damage is enough! To finish off the last of the Timmygears. Yay! You are now left in an open field, as the portal continues to glow behind you. Should we
Audrey/Freya: we probably shouldn't waste any time at this point.
Misfit/Mia: Mia sniffs
Archedas/Varren: at it. Viren just got his eyes locked to where Mia had pointed out, Oh, he's over there. Hey
Misfit/Mia: Viren, you wanna talk about it? You seem a little angry. I'm worried.
Chris/GM: Vin remembers he's mad at Aaron, and
Pete/GM: moves.
Archedas/Varren: Just a brief, as he's just kind of moving away. Good idea, Vin, we'll keep an eye on Mia, make sure we're not gonna get jumped from behind. Fantastic work there, you gave Freya the perfect opportunity in opening. Uh, give Vin some encouraging words, too.
Chris/GM: I don't accept them unless it works.
Archedas/Varren: I don't accept them unless they work. If I fail, you fail, because I said so. Uh, well that's a nat 20. So, uh, they work pretty well. Uh, and you're gonna get 2d8 health.
Pete/GM: Or 2d8 stamina. Vin, despite your protests, you can't help but be inspired by Barron's work.
Archedas/Varren: You did good work.
Pete/GM: You can't tell
Audrey/Freya: me how good work I did. But okay.
Pete/GM: Vin
Chris/GM: is grumpy and goes to the corner to refocus. Once, once Varen was nice, fine. Still don't like you.
Misfit/Mia: After sniffing the uh, the portal, Mia kind of trots over to where it looked like Mr. Creepyface was
Pete/GM: standing. There is nothing but trees in the actual tree line now.
Misfit/Mia: Of course. Freaking course. She trots back, very casually now, like, Dee dee dee dee dee
Audrey/Freya: dee.
Archedas/Varren: Taking a look at this portal, does it seem like it's gonna be open for a moment, or is this, like, a very brief window? Like, do we have long enough
Pete/GM: for a ten minute rest? That is entirely your call. Do you think you can risk sitting around for ten minutes with the portal open, or are you gonna get inside?
Archedas/Varren: Do I think I could, uh, esoteric knowledge this thing and be like, this is a weird object? I don't know what this is, and I want to figure out if we might be able to keep this open for a little while.
Pete/GM: Shit, maybe.
Archedas/Varren: I mean, I'll toss an esoteric lure at this thing if I'm allowed to. Sure, go for it. I don't think 11's gonna do much, it's like, that's a weird portal.
Audrey/Freya: I mean, we should, uh, probably
Chris/GM: just
Archedas/Varren: go. We can see if we can find a spot to catch our breath once inside. I don't know how long it's gonna be open. Yeah, we don't know when
Audrey/Freya: the next one will open either. How
Archedas/Varren: We'll have to figure that out once we get in, perhaps it'll open again once we deal with Gniepo, but he has that key, supposedly, so maybe we can use that, maybe that's how he's opening them. We'll have to find out once we get it. Freya, if legend is correct, don't touch it. I'm
Audrey/Freya: not gonna touch it, as someone other than me can touch the key.
Archedas/Varren: Anyone else is fine, just specifically I believe that you are in danger if you touch it.
Audrey/Freya: Mm, yeah, it's the thing that does the Opinubilate
Archedas/Varren: thingy. From what we read, yes, it would seem. And I like being alive. Well, it does tend to be the state most seem to enjoy, and company's been enjoyed so far, so. Are you ready,
Pete/GM: Mia? I guess.
Chris/GM: Alright. I
Archedas/Varren: walk right in. Head on
Pete/GM: in. Yeah. Yep. You all step through. And die. No.
Audrey/Freya: I'm sorry.
Archedas/Varren: You step through the portal, there is a sheer cliff face, it was all just wily coyote painted, you walk off the side
Pete/GM: and fall. I hope you've all enjoyed Ash and Snow, make sure to check out other Skulltale Entertaining Podcasts. It's been a
Chris/GM: wonderful time.
Archedas/Varren: Uh, did you guys know this was only a level 2 adventure path? I didn't realize it. That's right in the campaign, it ends here.
Pete/GM: I was promised like two years of
Chris/GM: programming, guys.
Archedas/Varren: This is just like a weird decision by Paizo. It's
Audrey/Freya: interesting, they released two other books as well. I guess they're
Archedas/Varren: just empty. They're blank. Straight blank. They're blank except one random page in size 8 font that says, We got you, thanks for your
Pete/GM: money. Ha ha! Yeah, they watched the stars and dreamers of the nameless spire, just two blank books. That they mailed out as a joke.
Chris/GM: Still more content than a D&
Pete/GM: D book. Oh, shots fired. Anyway, you enter into the true Finlands. The whole area is dimly lit. There isn't really a sun to speak of. It's more like the kind of sky that you might see on a winter's day where it's just White and sort of bright, casting enough light so that you can see, but not exactly sunshine. The light from Mia's staff, from the light spell that she cast earlier, seems to dim. Its area doesn't extend nearly as far as it once had. Your shadows seem to be well defined, pitch black, not like the kind of dimness with fuzziness that you might see. In the normal world, but sticking out very apparent. Not worrying at all. Mia
Misfit/Mia: plays with it. She, like, picks her legs up and, and sees what the shadow does in response.
Pete/GM: Your shadows act just like shadows. It is just eerily defined. It's Almost like looking at a Fanta Black painting of yourself reacting exactly as you do. Um,
Misfit/Mia: I will say Mia feels an odd comfort in the dim light, because it is something that she's used to. That, that fading light from when her, she's having a good idea or a bad idea. Like, this is awkwardly comfortable for her.
Archedas/Varren: And a Study it, watch it move, see if there's any, like, change at all in how fast it reacts. And just briefly, pull out a small notebook, write something down real quick, set it back
Chris/GM: away. Any, any
Pete/GM: place to catch your breath? Yes. In fact, that's all that you can do. As you're looking over your shadows, you hear a, behind you, and the portal that you stepped through is no longer there. But yes, you can all take ten minute rests, or however long you want. As I sit there to meditate,
Chris/GM: I think Vin struggles with who to meditate to. He's been trying to meditate to Irori his whole life. He's from this monastery, he was put there at a very young age, he Almost kinda naturally goes back to that space, saying those words in his brain as he tries to clear his mind. But, he thinks about that purple flame around that Tenegir. And, as he tries to focus on Hirori, he finds himself thinking in his head, Hey, uh, hey man, know
Audrey/Freya: anything about this place? We're friends,
Pete/GM: right? Are you trying to speak to the voice? We're friends,
Chris/GM: right? Scary voice in my
Pete/GM: head? Uh, you don't get a response. I
Chris/GM: hate you. Almost as much as I hate Varan. Okay, nevermind.
Archedas/Varren: You're already McBin's brow furrowing a bit over there. I'm sure he's fine. Uh, that's me. There you focus. Varan just spends most of his time readjusting, reloading a couple of the spent shots. It's less him reloading it and more handing the ammunition to the weird bird coming out of his arm that then loads it into the gun before going back into his arm and just kind of glances down at it and just, I still don't understand how I don't feel that. We'll figure it out eventually.
Chris/GM: You get
Audrey/Freya: used to it. I do the same thing with Jormungandr. Say, as I hold up my snake, it will also meld into a tattoo
Archedas/Varren: on my arm. I think I'm getting the hang, slowly, of how to load this thing, but still Strange, the mechanism doesn't seem to work properly and there's no powder necessary. It's, it's odd.
Chris/GM: Well, not to interrupt this discussion, Varin, where am I going?
Archedas/Varren: Well, I don't know where exactly. Just kind of briefly look around to see if there was a path or something in here we could see, right?
Pete/GM: Yes. You are on a trail. There is a clear division of trees for you to be able to walk through. Nothing is stopping you from going any other direction, but there is definitely a clear trail for you. Well,
Archedas/Varren: logic dictates that this is at least partially tied to the first world. By extension, don't wander off. If we lose sight of each other, we could be at the last time we ever see one of us. Place changes at the mere whim. I think our best bet would be the presented path. We're here to take care of the thin man, and well Seems he's cleared a path for us. Hopefully with less disgusting monstrosity dogs with missing eyes. How considerate of him. I mean, if he wants to invite us to court, it'd be easier for us to get there if he stops trying to hound us, literally. Yeah. I, uh, I
Chris/GM: wrote a poem about this not too long ago. It's eerily Scary. Uh, this is, this is from memory. Um, Uh, In shadows deep, I trend this eerie trail, A twisted path where whispers, fears prevail, Each step I take invokes a creeping chill, As haunting whispers dance upon the hill. The moon casts shadows, stretching long and thin, unveiling secrets buried deep within. Each rustling branch, each howl upon the breeze, ignites a shiver, makes my heart unease.
Pete/GM: Yet,
Chris/GM: curiosity binds my weary soul, to follow the trail, no matter the toll. For in the darkness lies a tale untold, a mystery that beckons, oh, so bold. Though fear may grip me, I'll press on ahead through haunted forests where the lost have tread with trembling steps I'll brave the unknown might in the dark true courage finds its light So,
Pete/GM: uh, I'll go first. Yeah,
Chris/GM: that
Audrey/Freya: was a that was a really good poem.
Chris/GM: Don't don't off don't offer. Okay I'll
Archedas/Varren: just go just keep your eyes peeled Try to keep an eye out here, but, uh, we're in his home now, so I think what we might run into, uh Alright, Freya,
Chris/GM: you're in charge of keeping an eye on Mia. Varian, you're in charge of keeping an eye on me.
Misfit/Mia: Alright, let's go! Then Mia turns around and's like, I'll keep an eye on you! And just like, looks at you.
Pete/GM: The dark forest opens up into a wide clearing of ash gray grass and twisted thorn trees. In the clearing's center squats an enormous tree stump, its top broken off at an angle, and huge roots rippling through the dirt like leviathans in surf. An ornate wooden door stands at ground level between two giant roots, faintly illuminated by a delicate paper lantern full of tiny moving lights. On the trees around you, these skeletal looking birds. With the feet like monkeys are somehow able to fly winglessly through the air and land on trees looking at you. I do not like
Misfit/Mia: that. No.
Archedas/Varren: Uh uh. Gonna keep the gun in hand here. Mm
Chris/GM: hmm. Uh
Archedas/Varren: huh. Well, it seems the dogs have some Friends. I would hesitate to call them bird friends, but That definitely looks like a beak and some featherless
Pete/GM: wings.
Archedas/Varren: Uh The giant void of eyes, uh, is still horrible. I don't see much other way to go, but there is a lantern over there, which seems oddly out of place. A lantern? Just gotta point down the direction for the uh, paper lantern hanging off one of the trees. Uh, down this way. Mia
Misfit/Mia: starts walking
Archedas/Varren: towards it. Just kind of keep the group, the group line up together. Keep Mia in the center, don't let anything jump in and grab her. Uh, Baron's got his eyes peeled for less dangerous creatures and more, like, weird things
Pete/GM: in this area. As you are approaching, each of the Gorgas in the tree begin to speak in a disjointed chorus. As they say, moon fox, moon fox, glowing bright, come to the master, spread the night.
Misfit/Mia: Mia pretends that she doesn't hear it. She kind of like, tries to very stealthily pull down a bandana to like, cover the crescent moon on her forehead. And, and just pretend like nothing is happening. She's just, Beep,
Audrey/Freya: beep a dee, beep a dee, beep a dee, beep a dee, beep a dee, boop boop. I don't hear
Pete/GM: anything's fine.
Archedas/Varren: It's kind of modern Sylvan, a little bit below speaking volume. Finn's rhymes are better. Honestly. I'm disappointed, but, but I shouldn't be shocked. You've hired birds to be your telegram operator.
Chris/GM: This is very true. I will reply in Sylvan. And Vin is still approaching the lamp.
Archedas/Varren: Varan's not lagging behind at all, he's just got his eyes watching these things to make sure nothing dives down after anybody. Yeah,
Pete/GM: same. They're more just observing you, as their heads turn in unison while you walk by. Though they have no eyes to speak of. Mia, you get the distinct impression that each and every one of them is watching you.
Misfit/Mia: Man, this is the worst case of like Performance anxiety, ever.
Pete/GM: And you are in front of the door.
Misfit/Mia: There's a door? I thought it was by a lantern. Oh god.
Archedas/Varren: There's a door right here. When you say
Chris/GM: door, is it like a doorknob
Pete/GM: door? Yes.
Misfit/Mia: I poke the door. With my staff
Pete/GM: first. It hits a wooden door.
Archedas/Varren: Assuming we're doing exploration actions, and I, we're pretty much all seem to be searching. I'm pretty sure Pete would let us know if we need to do a perception check. I think we're safe on the door.
Misfit/Mia: Uh, Mia comes to open it. I feel like at this point she's starting to get a little annoyed with the creepy man.
Archedas/Varren: Set a hand on Mia's shoulder. Stick to the center, Mia. We don't want him For all we know, he could have an attendant on the other side of the door ready to grab you. Let Vin handle that. I'll I'll
Pete/GM: open the door. You open the door. Inside is pitch blackness. Mia, your light only extends so far. About ten feet. In front of you, rather than the full, what, I think, 30 or 60 feet that it usually should? Yeah, yeah, something like that. 20, 40. Do you all walk in? Provided it's
Archedas/Varren: seeming like nothing's suspicious enough.
Chris/GM: Yeah, I'll be the last one through the door.
Audrey/Freya: I'll make sure Mia's in front
Chris/GM: of me.
Archedas/Varren: Make sure to close it behind us if we can, if there's a lock.
Pete/GM: You all walk inside, into the darkness. closing the door behind you. There is a moment of pitch black, when suddenly, the room lights up. There is a slight Bzzt as these rectangular dim lights open up in a perfectly rectangular room. There is an unfamiliar looking kind of wall about the wall and the roof. As the roof has a sort of grid line. There is a very small, thin carpet. lining the entirety of the floor. The lamps kind of buzz above you with a hum, and flicker in and out every once in a while. On one of these flickers, at the very end of the hallway, suddenly appears a tall, thin man. This is the first time Vin, Varin, Freya, That you have actually seen, Kniepo the Slim. He stands in front of you, nine feet tall, incredibly thin, with large, spindly fingers. His face is much bigger in proportion to the rest of his body, but has very small eyes. But a large smile, with dozens upon dozens of needle looking teeth. Says. Welcome, my queen.
Chris/GM: Ash and Snow uses trademarks and copyrights owned by Paizo Inc. used under Paizo's community use policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. Ash and Snow is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo. For more information about Paizo's Inc. and Paizo products, visit paizo. com. Ash and Snow is copyright 2024 by Skulltale Entertainment LLC.
Audrey/Freya: You guys can't look at me when we're
Misfit/Mia: doing something serious because I'm a laugh. I'm a nervous laugher.
Audrey/Freya: I'm already nervous
Pete/GM: laughing.
Archedas/Varren: I'm just gonna slowly lean into the
Pete/GM: camera here. Guys,
Chris/GM: this is an audio podcast.
Pete/GM: Oh no.
Archedas/Varren: Oh
Audrey/Freya: my! Jesus Sim! I was so afraid that this is where that was gonna go!