Climate change and climate justice is the focus of the latest More Than a Shop podcast episode.
In Speaking up for our planet: turning talk into action, Elizabeth Alker talks to Disruption Doctor, speaker and activist Samantha Moyo and Louise Marix Evans, Director of three community energy organisations/projects (Community Energy North and Pennine Community Power). The episode also features the tree planting organisation, Treesponsibility.
Listen to the episode and subscribe to future episodes at morethanashop.coop. Transcripts of the episodes are available: www.uk.coop/resources/more-than-a-shop
More Than a Shop is a collaboration between Co‑operatives UK, The Co‑op, Co‑op News, The Co-operative College and The Co‑operative Heritage Trust.
The series is presented by Elizabeth Alker. It is produced by Geoff Bird on behalf of Sparklab Productions.
Special thanks to:
• Samantha Moyo – https://www.samanthamoyo.co.uk and watch Samantha’s TEDxBrighton talk ‘Deepen Your Understanding of Decolonisation’ – https://www.ted.com/talks/samantha_moyo_deepen_your_understanding_of_decolonisation
• Louise Marix Evans – https://quantumst.co.uk, https://powerinthecommunity.wordpress.com/
• Treesponsibility – http://www.treesponsibility.com
Please note: The More Than a Shop series was recorded before the outbreak of the Coronavirus pandemic.
• Louise Marix Evans – quantumst.co.uk, powerinthecommunity.wordpress.com
• Treesponsibility – www.treesponsibility.com
What is More Than a Shop?
More Than a Shop welcomes guests with something new and radical to say about the big issues of our day and doing business the right way. Presented by broadcaster and journalist Elizabeth Alker, each episodes covers a big topic from climate change and food, to mental health and education. The chat is lively, energetic – sometimes controversial, always entertaining.
Join us as we explore how people power and co-operation can tackle some of the biggest challenges facing society.
More Than a Shop is brought to you by Co‑operatives UK, The Co‑op, Co‑op News, The Co‑operative College and The Co‑operative Heritage Trust. It is produced by Geoff Bird for Sparklab Productions.