This week, we give a bunch of updates on what we're working on, and end with a long, rambly, inconclusive discussion about the recent Basecamp drama.
- An effective, but maybe sleazy tactic for cold emails.
- LegUp Benefits got its second paying customer.
- Rick is done with SEO for now, and wrote 35 new pieces of content in April (holy shit!)
- Rick is focusing on LegUp Benefits for the next six weeks.
- Less Annoying CRM has finally closed a big enterprise deal they've been working on.
- Tyler is about to start trying to hire a developer.
- Less Annoying CRM's office setup is changing, and we discuss the importance of communicating changes carefully.
- We discuss how to write content when you hit a wall.
- Rick is dealing with unavoidable churn.
- We talk for way too long about Basecamp's recent drama. We reach no conclusions. You can have a full refund for the amount you paid for this podcast if you're disappointed by that.
What is Startup to Last?
Two founders talk about how to build software businesses that are meant to last. Each episode includes a deep dive into a different topic related to starting, growing, and sustaining a healthy business.