More details revealed about where the Galactic Starcruiser experience fits into the Star Wars timeline (and other juicy tidbits), plus an inside look at the cool new experiences coming on the Disney Wish cruise ship. These stories and more Disney travel news.
The Starcruiser Halcyon -- now fully restored to its former glory -- will follow its maiden voyage to the first port it ever visited, which was Batuu. In the Star Wars timeline, your voyage on the Galactic Starcruiser takes place between the events of Star Wars Last Jedi and Star Wars Rise of Skywalker. Do you join the First Order? the Resistance? Are you a scoundrel? You get to pick your experience to some degree. Plus, you'll see Rey and Kylo Ren meet up in a period between those two films. What will happen in that encounter and how will affect the Star Wars universe? On top of it all, there's a Halcyon Legacy comic bool series if you want to learn more about the ship in this time period.
Mickey’s Toontown in Disneyland Park will soon begin its transformation into a whole new world of sights, sounds, and sensations including some all-new experiences, more play and interactivity for guests. The focus will remain on families and young children, but it's something that any Disney fan will love.
Mickey’s Toontown will be closed as of March 9, 2022, and will reopen in early 2023, along with the new attraction, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
The shop will offer nearly 40 flavors of gelato and ice cream, with daily handcrafted gelato specials in combinations like peanut butter pretzel and white chocolate raspberry. Whipped cream, fruit compotes and sauces will be freshly made in-house to complement a wide selection of tasty toppings.
Olaf’s Royal Picnic
Here you can join your favorite “Frozen” friends for a summertime picnic in Arendelle during a premium entertainment experience specially designed for families with children ages 3 to 12. At Olaf’s Royal Picnic, guests will interact with Olaf, Anna, Elsa and Kristoff like never before and delight in live musical performances of beloved songs like “Let It Go,” “Fixer Upper” and “In Summer.”
Immersive Storytelling and Interactive Shows
The fairytale castle-inspired Grand Hall will evolve from a gathering space into an enchanting theater through the magic of built-in special effects and the first-ever atrium stage on a Disney ship.
- A royal greeting will await you as you enter the glittering Grand Hall for the first time. Every child will receive their very own wishing wand upon embarkation, which they will use to make the “First Wish” of their vacation during a special boarding celebration.
- During the sailing, you can attend a royal gathering as Disney Princesses descend into the Grand Hall to meet and greet guests.
- The Grand Hall stage will conceal a host of Disney friends during “Who’s Behind the Curtain?”, a playful game show where you'll answer questions to reveal the identity of hidden characters.
- On the final night of every sailing, you'll will return to the Grand Hall to raise wands with Fairy Godmother to ignite a farewell show featuring favorite characters, special effects and lively performances.
This brand-new entertainment hub — with a two-story LED screen wall, stage and bar — will offer a variety of live shows designed for families to laugh, sing and compete together.
- “Villains Game Night” is a witty game show where you'll attempt to answer Disney trivia questions amid the jeers and sneers of nefarious Disney foes, including Cruella de Vil, Gaston, Hades, Maleficent and more, who will join on screen.
- “Disney Songbook” will put you in the spotlight as you belt out Disney songs and showcase your talent for a live camera crew, who will project each performance onto the big screen.
- During the live grand finale event for Disney Uncharted Adventure, an all-new interactive experience that uses your mobile device to unlock hidden adventures aboard the ship, families will team up with other cruisers to battle an infamous Disney villain.
Hero Zone is a futuristic sports arena where physical activity will blend with imagination, offering highly produced show experiences in addition to free-play sports.
- Families will test their strength, speed and stamina during the Incredi-Games, a high-energy game show featuring an elaborate obstacle course of over-the-top physical challenges, each inspired by the dynamic characters of Pixar’s “The Incredibles.”
- The guest-favorite Jack-Jack’s Incredible Diaper Dash will offer little ones the chance to compete for the coveted title of Diaper Dash Champion as they speed-crawl across a 20-foot track amid the cheers (and chuckles) of family, friends and adoring fans.
In true Disney Cruise fashion, the Disney Wish will offer tons of world-class entertainment bringing to life the characters at the heart of Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars. Families will
The Disney Wish will sail its maiden voyage on July 14, followed by a season of three- and four-night cruises to Nassau, Bahamas, and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay, from Port Canaveral, Florida.
Thank You for Listening to the Disney Travel Podcast
Thank you very much for listening to this episode, Amelia and I hope that you enjoyed it. If you did, we would be very grateful if you could rate, review and subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts/iTunes (or on whichever app you choose to listen). A brief review about what you liked most about an episode truly helps to keep the show going by exposing it to new listeners. We look forward to continue producing new episodes each week.
Sharing the podcast with your friends and on social media is also extremely helpful and very much appreciated.
Shop 1923 Main Street
Feel free to visit our 1923 Main Street® Disney merchandise shop where we have hundreds of unique and original Disney-inspired t-shirts, leggings, clothing, mugs, phone cases and much more. You'll find everything from 1923 Main Street logo merchandise to custom created authentic Disney-inspired originals, including lots of great patterns for leggings and other items.
Contact 1923 Main Street
Thank you for listening to the Disney Travel News Podcast at 1923MainStreet.com. As always, we love to get feedback and questions from our listeners and to hear your suggestions and ideas for future episodes.
Please be sure to follow along on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
Thank you for listening and have a magical day!
Mike Belobradic and Amelia Belobradic
Media provided by Jamendo
What is 1923 Main Street: The Disney Travel Podcast?
1923 Main Street® is a Disney travel podcast hosted by the father daughter team of Mike Belobradic and Amelia Belobradic. This is your source for the latest Disney travel news and what it all means for you.
Join Mike and Amelia for fun-filled informative discussions as they share the latest Disney travel news every week. Get the latest news for travel to Disney destinations, including Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Disney Vacation Club properties (including Disney Aulani in Hawaii and Disney's Vero Beach Resort in Florida), Disneyland Paris and more.
In each episode, Mike and Amelia discuss the very latest Disney travel news from resort hotels, to Disney dining, VIP experiences, special events, theme parks and more. Mike has over 50 years of Disney travel experience, while Amelia brings a younger perspective to the table with 11+ years of Disney travel at the age of 13.
1923 Main Street: The Disney Travel Podcast was nominated for Best Podcast Awards in the 2021 People's Choice Podcast Awards and the 2021 Canadian Podcast Awards.