It's one of the most isolated countries in the world, ruled by an authoritarian leader with a passion for horses and Guinness World Records.
It's time to find out about the weird and wonderful country of Turkmenistan.
Full transcript, key vocabulary, and bonus episodes available on www.leonardoenglish.com
- The cult of personality under Niyazov
- No dogs allowed in the capital
- The golden statue that turned to face the sun
- Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow and the love for horses
- Firing a gun from a bicycle
- The resource curse
- Changing money on the black market
- Guinness World Records
- Join the Learn English with Podcasts community: www.facebook.com/groups/learnenglishwithpodcasts
What is English Learning for Curious Minds?
Are you looking for a more interesting way to to learn English?
English Learning for Curious Minds is where you can learn English from native speakers while learning fascinating things about the world.
Every episode comes with a transcript & key vocabulary and is spoken at a speed you can understand.
Join listeners from 155 countries and discover the most interesting way to improve your English while expanding your mind.
Find the bonus episodes, transcripts, key vocabulary, and learning materials at www.leonardoenglish.com