Are you familiar with the human cloud? It’s the digital and remote model of work that, according to today’s podcast guest, over half the US workforce will transition to within the next five years.
- His book The Human Cloud (as of writing, the book has been published and is available on Amazon)
- The thesis of doing so much more for so much less by embracing this transformation to digital remote outcome-based models
- Three ways to embrace the freelance economy and how to leverage the human cloud
- His view that we need to move away from the resume model of success
- The Amplification Effect that he wants to highlight in light of the effects of the pandemic to freelancing
- Why we’re seeing a race to the bottom and what he sees as the solution to it
- The Venture L business model that integrates, automates, and projects what freelancers should be doing
- Why he says freelancers don’t need Venture L but their lives are going to get better with it
- His career trajectory from Microsoft to building his personal brand
- How he dealt with the big challenge of being deemed “too young” by a bureaucratic work environment
- Where he finds inspiration and what his ultimate “Why” is
- His personal mantra hinged on leaving the world a better place through the work he does and the reason he built a scholarship program in his hometown
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.
What is Brand Design Masters Podcast?
The Brand Design Masters Podcast with Philip VanDusen is dedicated to helping you build the skills you need to design bullet-proof brands - for yourself, your business and for the clients and customers you serve.
In every episode, Philip, his co-hosts and interview guests will share inspiration, ideas, trends and techniques that will lift you to greater heights as a creative professional or entrepreneur - so you can build a successful creative practice, business and personal brand in the Creative Economy.