Speaker 1: The ciphered note, it says, Seeker Belor, word is Triple g is moving onto the Twin Shores as president is gone. This is a coordinated effort by Jess Thane to attack us when we least expect it.
Speaker 2: Phoebe looks at this note and then looked back and goes, I don't think we should have it.
Speaker 3: Does that mean
Speaker 4: that we're in huge trouble?
Speaker 2: Think that means there's a possibility that we're gonna go to war.
Speaker 4: So this whole time, we could have just given him the note.
Speaker 3: Or just not have taken the note in the first place. This does Do
Speaker 2: any of us remember Seekers or the Inquisition?
Speaker 4: I've heard of Seekers. Aren't they the bad guys?
Speaker 3: Okay. What book did you read? It's just a story. Okay. Okay. Have I read anything about Seekers?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Make a knowledge check. The DC for this is the difficulty for this will be incredibly high.
Speaker 3: I will say Yeah. Rainey grew up in a religious family.
Speaker 1: That's very true.
Speaker 3: And I have an experience, which is knock on wood, because she is really clued into things that she thinks are omens or things that, like, came from a church upbringing.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say, yeah, the difficulty will be lower for Rainy for sure.
Speaker 4: But we can all let Hickory do this because Hickory quit quit. Oh
Speaker 1: my god. I want I want Rainy to roll as well, though. Go ahead and roll
Speaker 3: for me. Because I was gonna use the adept and Marcus Dress and then double my experience modifiers.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna say that y'all would get different information.
Speaker 3: Okay. 22 with oh.
Speaker 1: 22 with hope. Alright. We're gonna start with Hickory.
Speaker 4: Let's go. What
Speaker 1: is the World Cup of the sport you play? Describe that for me.
Speaker 4: Let's call it the Kiki Cup.
Speaker 1: The Kiki
Speaker 3: Cup. The Kiki Cup.
Speaker 4: Giant foot. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Oh, the trophy is a giant foot.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I feel the need this is gonna be on a Dodo boner. I feel the need to point out that Rachel is extremely disgusted by feet.
Speaker 4: I hate
Speaker 1: them. This is beautiful. I don't even look at my own feet. You don't even know they exist. You've never seen them before. Whatever
Speaker 2: happens below the calf is a mystery to you.
Speaker 1: It's a mystery. We don't have
Speaker 4: any. They don't exist.
Speaker 1: Hickory, you're at the Kiki Cup. Twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: It was the junior Kiki Cup.
Speaker 1: The junior Kiki Cup, which happens the same year as the regular
Speaker 4: And instead of a foot, it's a hoof.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay.
Speaker 4: Like the
Speaker 3: censor. So inclusive.
Speaker 1: You're in the junior Kiki Cup that happens every off year to the world Kiki Cup, the Altean Kiki Cup.
Speaker 3: Kiki Cup five.
Speaker 1: So it's like how winter it's like the Winter Olympics and the Summer Olympics. So this year was the junior Kiki Cup.
Speaker 3: I'm obsessed with this.
Speaker 1: You're probably playing. Mhmm. And that means that your dad was in attendance.
Speaker 4: Definitely. He's always in attendance every game.
Speaker 1: Every game. He's always there. Mhmm. And he's so proud of you when you win. And you have just finished the game. Do you think you would have won this game or lost
Speaker 4: this game? I don't think that Hickory was the captain of this team.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So
Speaker 1: You were only, like, eight or so.
Speaker 4: Right. And I think that his dad is a one of those, like, soccer moms, like,
Speaker 3: just really hovery. So this would have
Speaker 4: been the year when Hickory became the captain of that team. So that means they lost this game, which was the leverage. Kick him up the roster.
Speaker 1: That's right. You were, like, eight years old in the 10 undercup, and the captain had, like, broken his arm somehow. And
Speaker 4: What a rookie move.
Speaker 1: What a rookie move. What a rookie mistake. Everyone was looking to you and you kind of de facto led the team probably.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Definitely.
Speaker 1: And you're coming off of this loss, but it's like a moral victory. It's like every win that the Jets have had for the last ten years, it's moral victories.
Speaker 4: And Hickory's in a great mood.
Speaker 1: Hickory's in a great mood. And it's so strange because your dad is not coming up to you after the game. And it's, like, in the locker room, typically, he's, like, right there. What do you do?
Speaker 4: Look around a lot.
Speaker 1: Mhmm. You start looking for him, and you go to the VIP. And you see that your dad is there. And he's talking to someone, this incredibly old halfling. Okay. Clearly a venerated person that you would later discover is the sovereign of the Ennead Convocation, the equivalent of the pope.
Speaker 3: The pope?
Speaker 1: The pope. Basically, pope, but his name is the sovereign.
Speaker 3: The Ennead Sovereign.
Speaker 1: That's right. The Ennead Convocation's sovereign, and they're talking to each other. And as you kinda come up, I don't think you would know exactly the, like, weight of this, but I'm curious as you see your dad, you're coming off of this loss. It's kind of a win for you. What is what's your move? What does child Hickory do?
Speaker 4: Well, child Hickory will enter the room very respectfully as he always does with his dad. Mhmm. Hands kind of folded in front of him. He he's gonna want his dad's attention, and kids are not very patient, as we know. Yeah. So
Speaker 3: he's going to
Speaker 4: be coming up sort of from the side and slightly behind the pope. Oh,
Speaker 1: so you're in view of your dad?
Speaker 3: Just dad, though. And he's going be trying
Speaker 4: to catch his dad's eyes, like wiggling around.
Speaker 1: Your dad is not happy with the conversation happening.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: And I think you recognize this where, like, a lot of he's a politician.
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: He's in a lot of conversations where he's very unhappy by having to hold it together. This is just what Hickory is noticing.
Speaker 3: He's not gonna have any willpower.
Speaker 4: Uh-oh. Does dad notice?
Speaker 1: What do you say? Doesn't have any willpower.
Speaker 4: He's gonna wiggle a little. It's not gonna work. And he's gonna come a little bit closer and then wiggle just a little bit more.
Speaker 3: He said he's behind the sovereign. So he's like slightly to the side and behind. Is he gonna, like, bump into the Sovereign's robes?
Speaker 4: Well, and he's probably bigger than the Sovereign at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Know he is.
Speaker 4: So it's
Speaker 3: a half length. I think
Speaker 4: that he might he might bump him a little.
Speaker 1: You see
Speaker 4: Come up and, like, kinda check him just just a little.
Speaker 3: Not the song. Because he also doesn't have a good scope of where his limbs are. Not
Speaker 2: yet. Baby.
Speaker 3: He had a growth spurt. Growth spurt.
Speaker 1: You see that as you're getting kinda closer, you probably had no idea what they were saying at this point. No. I wasn't listening. But you do remember what your dad said after as you bump into you see the heat turn to Steven and says, hickory, be respectful. Sovereign, I'm so sorry. I will place a seeker in Polaris University that can be established. Hickory, with me now. Sovereign, I'm so sorry. I apologize profusely. You see that he bows a little bit and kinda grabs your arm in that kinda, like, come with me way.
Speaker 4: Dad, I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: He starts kinda like dragging you away, and that memory comes back to you.
Speaker 4: Oh, boy.
Speaker 1: As for you, Rainey Yep. The Novenary Inquisition is a secret arm of the church, but it's one of those things where, like, if you read the scriptures enough and you pay attention in church enough, you pick up on it. You know what I mean? Raney's understanding of seekers is probably very similar to, like, the way that probably children understand the disciples. And that like, oh, they're like God's best friend and like, oh, they're like hanging out doing stuff. I think that's what y'all I think that's the information y'all have on seekers. Okay. Oh, good. We're here. We're here.
Speaker 2: So seekers. What do we got?
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, when I'd go to church with my dad
Speaker 4: Church?
Speaker 3: I went yeah. To the to the Ennead Church. My dad goes a lot. So and my stepmom. So I it's it's something I've heard before. It's not it's not really a position so much as it it's like, I don't know that any of us would have ever met a seeker. It's Well,
Speaker 4: don't they look like angry, older, small people?
Speaker 2: What? What?
Speaker 4: What? I saw one.
Speaker 2: Mean Isn't everybody a small person to you?
Speaker 4: They're not all angry and old and wearing fancy robes. What?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I think I met one once. What?
Speaker 2: I Hickory, are you talking about things?
Speaker 4: I remembered seeker because it it sounded like a secret.
Speaker 2: That's that's true.
Speaker 3: And then
Speaker 4: I asked later about it, and my dad told me that I was very perceptive for recognizing that word and also to forget it.
Speaker 2: Isaac, can I say that?
Speaker 1: Don't even say that word to anyone ever.
Speaker 4: Also, you're the best child that's ever existed, Hickory.
Speaker 3: We He's a
Speaker 1: he gives you a hug.
Speaker 3: Your dad didn't say that to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What's up,
Speaker 3: Vivi? What's up, Rowan?
Speaker 1: Is this Vivi or Rowan?
Speaker 2: This is this is Rowan. Can would we say that Vivi would have a crystal to her grandma?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Probably.
Speaker 3: Okay. You can call her grandma.
Speaker 1: You can call your grandma? Yeah. Okay. Very good. Yeah. Call your grandma. What does this what does this look like as you call your grandma?
Speaker 2: Kind of like a crystal ball. And instead of like projecting out of it, it like almost has a three d like an edged face of the grandma as it, like, glows pink and blue and pink and blue and pink and blue until she picks up. And it make makes a little sound. It goes
Speaker 3: I've always wanted one of those.
Speaker 2: I know. It's like the newest version.
Speaker 1: Where are you going? Who is this?
Speaker 3: Hey, grandma. It's it's Vivi.
Speaker 1: Oh, Vivi.
Speaker 3: I she, like, turns the
Speaker 2: volume all the way down.
Speaker 1: Oh, no. Makes her talk like a normal person. Ah, Vivi. To what do I owe the pleasure of this call?
Speaker 2: Hey, grandma. Hey. Hey. You know everything that there possibly ever could be to know about anything ever. Right?
Speaker 1: Off the record, I sure do. Okay.
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard of, like, a seeker?
Speaker 1: What are you asking about seekers for?
Speaker 2: It's a word that we kind of, like, stumbled upon. It's I
Speaker 1: just You stumbled upon it?
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, okay. Nobody stumbled onto anything.
Speaker 1: Who's that? Who said that?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's Hickory. You know Hickory. See, look. It's Hickory.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's right. Captain of the team. That's right. I follow sports very closely.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Right.
Speaker 1: I follow all things very closely. Closely.
Speaker 2: It's true, grandma.
Speaker 1: I'm somewhat of a shadow broker.
Speaker 3: Yes. You are.
Speaker 1: That's what I am. That's exactly this character now.
Speaker 3: Yep. Absolutely, grandma.
Speaker 1: So you were asking about the seekers? What? You run afoul of one? If you did, I'm so sorry for you. Nothing I can do to help you.
Speaker 2: No. We haven't run afoul of anyone. I just
Speaker 1: Oh, good.
Speaker 2: We are just trying to figure out what they are. We've may have found any encrypted note that we may have accidentally apprehended Accidentally apprehended. You I'm an investigative journalist.
Speaker 1: And I thought you were smarter than this, Vili. What are you doing stealing people's mail? I Did one of your friends up there put you to it?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: Did that Ilya girl get your head again?
Speaker 2: Ilya is not in my head, grandma. No. I mean
Speaker 1: I don't think that's true, but continue.
Speaker 2: Anyway, what is can you help us out? What is this secret? We are trying to figure out how to get this back to that person because it's quite a note. Actually, it's quite a note.
Speaker 1: Here's a question. Do you know which seeker?
Speaker 2: Lysander Borea. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Alright. In my opinion Yeah. The best thing you can do
Speaker 3: Uh-huh.
Speaker 1: Is give the note to him and apologize
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: And convince him that you don't know what it says. Okay. That's what I think the best thing you can do is.
Speaker 2: Okay. Great. Not let him know that we figured it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If you do Uh-huh. You might be okay. Uh-huh. But listen, if there's one thing I need you to understand, Vivi
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: There's groups of people in the world that you do not wanna run afoul of.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: And the church is one of them.
Speaker 2: Okay? Alright.
Speaker 1: But, like really great. They're really you can piss off a priest here and there. They're real easy to get under their skin, especially if you just, like, say that mental health is stupid and shit like that. But Right.
Speaker 2: Got it.
Speaker 1: The seekers are another thing. Okay? Don't mess with the inquisition.
Speaker 2: But what are they?
Speaker 1: The seekers, the best way I can describe them is they are secretive and often very powerful operatives of the church.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now the good part for you is that they don't really care about people as long as you haven't messed with any strange items that could be considered an artifact or a relic. So would you say that you have messed with or have possession anything that looks, acts, or feels like it's very powerful?
Speaker 2: Phoebe looks at the Gamatachi, looks back at the phone, and then goes, no. I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay. What would you say?
Speaker 2: There is a mystery afoot, grandma.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what I say about mysteries?
Speaker 2: We gotta solve them.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right. Right. And I trust you to do it. Okay. Say, have you checked in on your brother recently?
Speaker 2: Cece? No.
Speaker 1: Okay. Okay.
Speaker 2: Why is he up to no good again? I thought he was just, like, trying to follow and chant your caliche's ass again.
Speaker 1: Well, he called me asking for love advice.
Speaker 3: Love advice?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think, you know
Speaker 3: Wait. He has a boyfriend?
Speaker 2: No. He's just obsessed with fucking clover of powers.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's the one. Just check-in on your brother once you've solved your mystery, which I'm assuming you're gonna do within at least the next few sessions.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely. Yeah. That's that's you know it. We're on it.
Speaker 2: Of course. I'll send him a I'll send him a note. Like, one of those instant notes from, We like can cook.
Speaker 4: We could go have dinner with him or something.
Speaker 2: He's tired. Do you like my brother? What? Really? You like my
Speaker 4: brother? Busy.
Speaker 2: Okay. Okay. Okay. Okay.
Speaker 4: I'm very busy.
Speaker 1: Is Rainy there?
Speaker 3: Tell
Speaker 2: Rainy is there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm Rainy. How are you doing, Rainy? You doing okay?
Speaker 3: Long time no see. I'm good.
Speaker 1: Good. You're not letting them run all over you, are you?
Speaker 3: No. No. No. No. It's good.
Speaker 1: Okay. I kinda I believed a couple of those no's. Well, you just remember no is a complete sentence.
Speaker 3: No. We're doing something really important. This is this is important.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay. Good.
Speaker 2: No, Rainey. I've been respecting Rainey's nose like you told me
Speaker 1: to do. Yeah. Yeah. Alright.
Speaker 2: Whenever she tells me them.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I don't.
Speaker 2: Sometimes she doesn't.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know.
Speaker 2: But when she says them, I do respect them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, this has been great fun. This has been great. Good to hear from you, Vivi.
Speaker 2: Good see you, grandma. I will go give this note back.
Speaker 3: Would you say as fast as possible, or should I can
Speaker 2: we have some more time to
Speaker 1: Here. Let me ask you a question. Yeah. What does it say?
Speaker 2: Do you want to know the crazy crap that it
Speaker 1: says? I do. Did I not just explain? I know a lot about everything. Okay. Do you wanna tell me the shadow broker and your grandmother what's in
Speaker 3: the note? Well, grandma, I
Speaker 2: trust you inherently. Yeah. Absolutely. Bye. Bye. Click.
Speaker 4: I didn't know she was still alive.
Speaker 2: Of course, she is that old fantastic lady never fucking died.
Speaker 3: She's always been so nice. She's a boss ass bitch.
Speaker 2: I like
Speaker 3: her accent too.
Speaker 2: Boss ass bitches never die. Your brother. I'll text him.
Speaker 4: I might still have his number.
Speaker 2: You have his number. Are you gonna
Speaker 1: What a flip turn.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna call? So related.
Speaker 4: Oh, look. We should leave.
Speaker 3: Phoebe's gonna do
Speaker 1: a heartbreaker.
Speaker 2: Phoebe's gonna take a little note out of the instant origami paper.
Speaker 1: Uh-huh.
Speaker 2: She's going to write, hey, CC. Grandma says I need to talk to you about love, question mark. Hope your nerd ass isn't into something silly. Also, Hickory says hi. X OXOVV with two hearts, and then she folds it up into a paper.
Speaker 3: Did you did
Speaker 4: you tell him I said hi?
Speaker 2: I intrinsically always say that you say hi.
Speaker 1: Okay. You intrinsically always say hi.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Pulled it up into a paper conversation.
Speaker 2: I pulled it up into a paper crane, and then it flies, and then boop, this disappears.
Speaker 1: It vanishes very nice. Somewhere in the distance at some point, Cerulean will get this now.
Speaker 4: Just to send notes.
Speaker 1: And I can't wait to find out when that'll be the end.
Speaker 3: Sending it into the future.
Speaker 1: We're sending it into the future because it takes a while to write it down. Origami. So that it's gonna take some time.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I need to hear. Hickory says hi.
Speaker 1: So the three of you are here. A lot of information was just given to y'all.
Speaker 4: They are bad guys. See, I remembered right.
Speaker 2: Only if we get a foul of them.
Speaker 3: It's unrelated to the church. The church can't be bad.
Speaker 2: We're walking and we're walking.
Speaker 1: You're walking and talking. You're Aaron Sorkin through the West Wing. You're walking and talking. And where are you walking talking to?
Speaker 2: We're gonna first investigate the gate and then go to the next We're
Speaker 3: going outside? We're gonna go outside.
Speaker 4: Yes. Hickory is just gonna longboard away immediately.
Speaker 2: Hey. Alright. Wait. Vivi catches your tail, catches Rainy,
Speaker 3: and then
Speaker 2: May like, no.
Speaker 3: Rainy has a moment where her little legs aren't keeping up. And Vivi just like pitches throws you
Speaker 2: on and
Speaker 4: carries you. Let's go.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Scooby two longboard down the hall. Much to the much to the enjoyment of so many students who watch you go, and you head to the outdoors. A beautiful blue sky above. It's late spring going into summer, so it's still got a bit of that 75 degree temperate. And you are skating down the long bridge that connects that connects Polaris University to the mainland. And sure enough, you get to the gates. Just outside the gates, you see frescoes with a little margarita, neon sign just above it. And it's it's frescoes time somewhere.
Speaker 2: It's frescoes time somewhere. I think the
Speaker 3: neon sign has like a little pin up girl fun, like doing little like Oh, the kick? Leg kick things with the neon sign.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. And a margarita. She's in the margarita glass.
Speaker 3: Yes. Yes. Yes.
Speaker 1: Kicking the feet. And you see these gates. But, yeah, there's some students and some other individuals going to and fro. The university isn't closed off to the general public. Some individuals go there for work anyways who aren't professors. So you see some people walking to and fro, but otherwise, it's pretty light outside.
Speaker 4: We don't see any ooze.
Speaker 1: Not immediately. No.
Speaker 4: There's Brad. I'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Hey, what's up? It's me, Brad. Hey, what's up? Oh, you going to Frescos? You're trying to get lit at midday. Yeah, hold on.
Speaker 4: But where's my Frisbee, dude?
Speaker 1: Oh, I brought it. It's I was it's at the it's at the yard. Connor and Clayton and you.
Speaker 4: I told you never to let Clayton play with my Frisbee.
Speaker 1: Listen, Clayton's chill. I don't know why you don't like him, man. Listen, he threw up once on your shoes. That doesn't mean that you can just, like, blackball
Speaker 3: him. These shoes.
Speaker 4: I had to redraw the lightning strikes on them.
Speaker 1: And and, you know, and I understand that's hard and I'm echoing my understanding that that was tough and that was no good.
Speaker 4: Okay. I'll go get my credit back.
Speaker 1: You try you get rid of me again, man. Come on. Get out of here. Fine.
Speaker 3: Rainey's gonna use prestidigitation and following Brad is gonna cast a little puff of air that smells exactly like what professor Boswell smelled like yesterday. He was just
Speaker 1: he beefed it. Beefed it. And then he, like, drops.
Speaker 3: Dealt it, Brad.
Speaker 1: And if I deny it, I just applied it. And he he dropped it. Well, never mind. Guess, this is Brad. I hate
Speaker 3: that guy. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I guess we can look for ooze. Phoebe's gonna, like, fly up and see if she can see any ooze from, like, a little bit higher up.
Speaker 1: Sure. Go ahead and make an instinct check for me.
Speaker 2: Sounds great.
Speaker 1: I really want you to roll with fear, though. Get this ball lit.
Speaker 2: Oh, I also want me to roll with fear. Guys, I really
Speaker 3: seem fitting.
Speaker 2: It does it does seem fitting.
Speaker 1: Because it's so fearful.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. 13 with fear.
Speaker 1: 13 with fear. Okay. You get up there and you see the general area. The gate truly is right next to Frescos. Right? Like, see there's a small park Mhmm. And the Frescos is to the left and some other businesses are to the right. The gate is up and there's like a little bit of fence on either side, but the rest is just like a craggy shore cliff
Speaker 3: Mhmm.
Speaker 1: That just descends into the water. The gate is more for show and for aesthetic than anything. Mhmm. But you see that there's a bit of shrubbery around where the fence is and where the buildings are. And you notice that you don't see any ooze and does a
Speaker 2: Oh, god. I'm about to be hit by a frisbee.
Speaker 1: Does the 13 hit your evasion?
Speaker 2: I think so. Yeah. Yes. It does.
Speaker 1: You're clunked in the head by a frisbee.
Speaker 4: No. My frisbee.
Speaker 1: Hey, Hickory, can I get a fate roll?
Speaker 4: Yes. Fate roll. That's double 12.
Speaker 1: A fate roll. Oh, so because I'm so glad you asked. Hey, it's me. You're GM Isaac. I'm pretty the fate roll. You will roll one d 12 and simply tell me what you rolled.
Speaker 4: A 12.
Speaker 1: Oh, a 12. The Frisbee clunks Vivi right in the head. And thankfully, it rebounds towards the green area and not into the ocean. Oh.
Speaker 2: Oh. Ow. For oh.
Speaker 1: You see Clayton is back there like, oh, I got sorry.
Speaker 5: Hey, Clayton.
Speaker 2: You fucking suck.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's not very nice.
Speaker 3: How far away is Clayton from me?
Speaker 1: Within close range.
Speaker 3: Perfect.
Speaker 1: We'll say they're in the green. We'll say that's where Brad and them are.
Speaker 3: I told you not to play with my frisbee, Clayton. Yeah, Clayton. I'm gonna scare the shit out of Clayton and just cast an ice spike to land right next to him. Oh my god. Itches from his foot. He But I have to make a spell
Speaker 1: cast Yeah. Make a spell cast roll.
Speaker 3: Oh, we're good. We're good. I needed a 12. I rolled a 16 on Okay.
Speaker 1: Nice. If you had failed, I think it would have like impaled his foot. You shoot ice at his feet and he, like, squeals, like, and
Speaker 3: That was hilarious. But why did you do that? He was making fun of our friend, Hickory.
Speaker 4: He's on my team.
Speaker 2: Vivi flutters down. There's a little bit of a goose egg right on top of him.
Speaker 1: Poor Vivi. Oh,
Speaker 2: that sucked. Alright. We're getting shots. Let's go.
Speaker 3: How much damage did you take from that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. How much damage did I take?
Speaker 1: As funny as it would be to, like, roll a bunch of numbers, I'm gonna say you take just one point of damage.
Speaker 2: Okay. Perfect. I will use my armor.
Speaker 1: Can use an armor.
Speaker 2: Mostly her pride is hurt. Yeah. She's like, alright.
Speaker 1: That's where the damage comes from is your pride.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go get some shots now, guys. I'm buying a shot round of shots for everybody. And can I use that to give everybody a rally die?
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Hey. So
Speaker 4: Oh. Explain those rally die.
Speaker 1: Rally die. Why don't explain those rally die, really.
Speaker 2: Once per session, I describe how I rally the party and give myself and each of my allies a rally die. A PC can spend their rally die to roll it, adding to the result to an action roll, reaction roll, damage roll, or to clear a number of stress equal to the results. At the end of each session, clear all unspent rally dice. It is going to be a d six extra for you guys.
Speaker 3: Lovely. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Very
Speaker 3: kind. And we lose it at the end of the session? Yes. So use it soon. Got it.
Speaker 1: Use it or lose it.
Speaker 2: Use it or lose it.
Speaker 1: Speaking of losing it, you three step into Frescos. And Frescos, I'm gonna say, is like a Margaritaville except with a studious, like, academic bent to it.
Speaker 4: Are there any animatronics? Frescos.
Speaker 1: That's a you know, personally, I would hate to have an animatronic there, but I will let y'all decide if there's a Frescos animatronic
Speaker 2: there. It's a Clank. Uh-huh. It is a Clank who is an alligator, and his name is Alligator Tom.
Speaker 1: Hey. There's me, Alligator Tom. I'm here to send you to your seat.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Tom. Thanks, Tom.
Speaker 1: Registered. And he starts walking to a table, and he points at a table that's like to the side. You can also sit at the bar.
Speaker 3: I imagine only two of us greeted him, so he took us to a table for two. Two.
Speaker 1: Yep. It's a table for two.
Speaker 4: Well, and Hickory could sit on the floor and reach the table anyway.
Speaker 3: That's true. So was sit. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You can also sit at the bar. There is currently vacancy of four seats.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Tom. I appreciate it. Can you get us some shots, please?
Speaker 1: Absolutely. What kind of shots would you like? Today's special is a buttery nipple.
Speaker 2: Three buttery nipples, please.
Speaker 1: Coming right up. Don't you go anywhere. And he kinda like clanks away.
Speaker 4: God, I love this place.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Probably should be drinking today.
Speaker 2: Oh, don't worry. The buttery nipple is like 50% butterscotch and like 20% nipple.
Speaker 4: Becomes Oh, you thought we were drinking?
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's just like a little nipple on top of it. I
Speaker 4: do not drink.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Okay. It's during the season. Okay. You're also much larger than me, so you probably could drink a little and you'd be fine. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I never thought of that.
Speaker 3: Don't start now.
Speaker 1: Tom comes back and puts two shots on one side of table and one shot on the other and says, would you like any food?
Speaker 3: Can I oh, I want an order of the turnip fries, please?
Speaker 1: Turnip fries coming right up.
Speaker 3: I love as many eggs as you have in the back.
Speaker 1: Roll with the 100 for me.
Speaker 3: 78.
Speaker 1: Would you like 78 eggs? Yes. Registered.
Speaker 2: Can we have half of those deviled?
Speaker 3: Deviled?
Speaker 1: You would like you would like 39 deviled eggs. How would you like the other 39 eggs?
Speaker 4: Scrambled. Scrambled.
Speaker 1: Hey. 39 scrambled. Hey.
Speaker 3: I could do two of them poached.
Speaker 1: Which of the 39 scrambled and 39 deviled would you like to be poached?
Speaker 3: 37 scrambled, two poached. 39 You're taking my eggs? 39
Speaker 1: 39 poached eggs. No. No. No. No. Two poached eggs. 37 scrambled eggs, 39 deviled eggs.
Speaker 3: That works. That's why. Make the scrambled
Speaker 2: with extra cheese. You need it for your
Speaker 1: Extra cheese on the 37 scrambled eggs.
Speaker 4: Yes. Thanks, Phoebe. Good looking out. I got you.
Speaker 1: So in summary, two poached eggs, 37 scrambled eggs with extra cheese, 39 deviled eggs, one order of turnip fries. Will this complete your order?
Speaker 3: Yes. Tom, if those poached eggs are not soft set, I will send them back. There are no more eggs after that
Speaker 2: way, Rainy. I will go hungry
Speaker 3: and just eat my turn of fries, but I will expect a refund for the two overcooked. Oh my god, Rainy.
Speaker 1: Comment added to order. Successfully.
Speaker 3: Rainy's actually a Karen. That's why my grandma Only when she's with friends that could pay for her food.
Speaker 4: That's all. Rainy, you are
Speaker 3: a service worker. You should not be Yeah. I'm not senchant.
Speaker 2: I mean, Tom, are you senchant?
Speaker 1: My name is Alligator Tom. Alright. Bye.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Tom.
Speaker 1: Very good. Your order has been placed.
Speaker 3: This went this went great. No.
Speaker 1: Alligator Tom walks away. And leaves the three of you at your table for two.
Speaker 3: Oh, no.
Speaker 2: Who do we see? Can we see if we're gonna be on the lookout, I guess.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Make it gonna bump into the table a little bit while he tries to
Speaker 3: sit on the ground.
Speaker 2: Alright. One
Speaker 1: of the butter nipples falls off the table.
Speaker 3: Oh, no. My nipple. Just have mine. It's fine.
Speaker 1: Y'all ain't rad.
Speaker 3: Well, you can add mine. I I don't need it. Okay. I should drink.
Speaker 2: I'm looking around for people. What do you got? That is a nine with Fear.
Speaker 1: Nine with Fear. Thank you so much for the fear. You're
Speaker 4: so welcome.
Speaker 1: You look around, there's so many people here. Oh, god. There's just so oh my god. There's so many people. You think you see something in the corner of like a person with their hood all the way up? And just as that happens, Alligator Tom comes back with just a enormous tray of everything y'all ordered.
Speaker 3: Oh, that was fast. That was That was really fast.
Speaker 1: It is wider and larger than the table. So he simply puts the tray on the table and says, that will come too. Two bags of gold, please.
Speaker 2: Hickory's good for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just put it on my tab.
Speaker 1: Very good. A tab. Please state your full name for the tab.
Speaker 3: Hickory Dickory Doc. Thank you for your continued
Speaker 1: you for your continued patronage, mister Doc. Your tab has been added.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Have an alligator margarita day.
Speaker 3: Why did I not know your middle name?
Speaker 1: The new lease.
Speaker 3: And why does your middle name contain the word?
Speaker 4: What? What does it contain?
Speaker 2: Because it's fitting
Speaker 3: for Look,
Speaker 4: that is a family name. Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah. That didn't always mean what it means now. Alright. I'm just trying to be funny. You haven't had your drink yet.
Speaker 2: Vivi saw the shadowed person and like as these two are arguing. We'll just get up and go, oh, one moment, guys. I'm gonna go to the bathroom and try and see if she can go over navigate to that hooded person.
Speaker 1: As you look up and leave, you see that the hooded person is gone. But you do see the tray the tail of like a little cloak as the front door is closed.
Speaker 4: Nope.
Speaker 2: Alright, guys. We're taking it to go. Let's go. No.
Speaker 4: Hickory's gonna pick up the entire tray.
Speaker 3: Oh. Dodo takes her shot and the other shot and then then we'll keep going. So we all know better than to argue with Vivi. So Are
Speaker 4: these eggs fine, Rainy? Or can I just leave them here?
Speaker 3: I'll take the little plate with the poached eggs and give them a poke. Gaddies, these are good. Great. And I'll like eat them as we walk.
Speaker 1: You walk and eat like Aaron Sorkin if he did a a cooking movie.
Speaker 4: I wanna find out just how
Speaker 3: these eggs look. I'm really curious.
Speaker 1: These eggs, they're not chicken eggs like like all of you are imagining. That's right. It's not chicken. What? It's in fact a Polaris special ostrich egg. No. No. That means these eggs are huge.
Speaker 3: I think you have wasted eggs.
Speaker 1: They are. No. Yeah. Are. There's so much eggs.
Speaker 4: Egg on our go by the Frisbee's folks. I'm gonna just give them
Speaker 3: some of these. We're gonna do that,
Speaker 2: but we're on their trail.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Brad. A chase is afoot. Brad. If you step outside. Brad. Yo, what's up?
Speaker 4: He's gonna Frisbee the plate of eggs.
Speaker 3: Woah. Make
Speaker 1: make a agility check.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna use my rally dice.
Speaker 1: No, I'm
Speaker 3: just kidding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do it. Do it. Use rally.
Speaker 1: Make sure
Speaker 3: it goes well.
Speaker 1: You need to use it early. You're gonna lose it.
Speaker 4: Oh, twelve. Oh. 12 with fear.
Speaker 1: It sails through the air, and it was a beautiful throw. But because of with with fear, Brad bungles it and all that's on the ground.
Speaker 3: Brad, damn it.
Speaker 1: No. I bluffed it. And then all of the Frisbee players descend on the egg as their dogs and just start, like, eating them off the ground. And they're yelling, Brody. Brody. That
Speaker 3: one really got Rowan. The image of it is really good.
Speaker 1: I just get to sit here and revel in my goodness. You step outside. Hickory Frisbee the tray. Rainy, you're currently eating an enormous egg. Vivi, you look and you see the hooded figure turning the corner towards the gate, and they are running towards Polaris.
Speaker 2: She's taken off after them with, like, we'll take off in flight and try and chase her.
Speaker 1: Perfect. In this case, I'm gonna have a chase begin.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Tell us about chases.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy you
Speaker 3: Give us a reminder.
Speaker 1: So I've hey. It's me, your GM Isaac Allenbird. For a chase countdown, we're gonna set up two countdowns. One representing the chaser and one representing the chase e, the person being chased.
Speaker 3: Mhmm.
Speaker 1: You all are trying to progress your chaser countdown upwards, whereas the chase e, the person being chased, is trying to decrease their consequence countdown downwards. Essentially, the first one wins. Failures will decrease the chase e's countdown, and successes will increase y'all's countdown. So, Vivi, you are the first one to head over there. So what are you doing?
Speaker 2: So I would like Vivi to start flying really, really fast, and then I want her to take out her lasso.
Speaker 1: Oh. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Vivi's got a lasso. I did take one. Wow. Try and lasso this person.
Speaker 1: Okay. Make that roll.
Speaker 2: Okay. I'm going to add my experience professionally persistent. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You are.
Speaker 1: Profesh persistence. Do that.
Speaker 2: Professionally persistent. 10 with oh, wait. I rallied. I'm in a rally. Hold on. Rally.
Speaker 1: Rally. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Took 11 with fear.
Speaker 1: 11 with fear. That is a failure with fear, and thus, the chase c's countdown will decrease from five to three. No. You throw this lasso, and we did establish this as a bridge on water. You know what happens sometimes when things are on water is that wind wind gets stronger sometimes, and the wind freezes your lasso into the water. No. Unfortunately, that moment you took to, like, throw it, The momentum there kinda puts you a little behind. They're still running. Vivi has done that. And now my other two companion, Rainey, you've gobbled up an egg and
Speaker 4: Immediately on the longboard.
Speaker 1: Hickory's on the longboard.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Can I scoop Rainey up?
Speaker 1: It's probably a
Speaker 3: good idea. Okay.
Speaker 4: Scooping up the egg eater.
Speaker 1: You scoop up.
Speaker 3: Egg egg.
Speaker 1: Would you say you've gotten one egg or two?
Speaker 3: I think I ate probably half the egg, and then I got to the runny yolk part and just dropped it. That was the important part. That's a big egg. That was the part you were complaining about. Bigger than I thought it was gonna be. And we're walking now. Is not a walkie food. Walking? Oh, you said we're walking.
Speaker 1: Longboard. And then Hickory yoinks up.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 1: And Hickory, so you are pushing on your longboard. Yep. But you say this is like strength or agility?
Speaker 4: Think to get started strength, but agility to keep it going. Maneuver.
Speaker 1: I like that. So let's start with the strength roll then.
Speaker 4: Okay. That's fine. With hope.
Speaker 1: 14 with hope. Yes.
Speaker 3: Dana Hope.
Speaker 1: Just barely a success. So a success with hope that will increase yours up to five. So as you push off, you have those strong calf.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fawn calf.
Speaker 3: The whole thing about this is kicking.
Speaker 1: It's true. You kicking yourself forward.
Speaker 4: Added my experience of kicking.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah. Bowling through people. They're, like, moving to the side as you're just, like, racing forward. Rainey, what are you gonna try in this moment?
Speaker 3: How far away is this person from us currently?
Speaker 1: We'll say from that strong kick, y'all are within close range.
Speaker 3: Awesome. Oh. I'm gonna do your favorite thing when you set up a chase for us, and I'm gonna cast a spell that if it works, we'll just tether them. So I'm gonna I'm gonna cast a mystic tether.
Speaker 1: Mystic tether. Go ahead tell us what mystic tether does.
Speaker 4: So I'll
Speaker 3: make a spell cast roll against a target. So I'm assuming against their evasion within far range. On a success, they're temporarily restrained and must mark a stress.
Speaker 1: Nice. Do it up. Alright. Make that roll. Roll those two dice. Tell me with hope or fear.
Speaker 3: This is going to be I'm gonna use my
Speaker 1: rally dice.
Speaker 3: Not great still. That's an 11 with fear. Wait.
Speaker 1: 11 with fear Wait.
Speaker 2: Is unfortunate. Wait. Once per session, I have as a fairy, I have a luck bender. Would you say I'm within close range of rainy?
Speaker 1: I'll say yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay. Once per session after you are a willing ally within close range makes an action roll, you can spend three hope to reroll the duality dice.
Speaker 1: Very good. That's awesome. And those three hope. Big moment right here. Here we go. I can't wait.
Speaker 3: That's a crit on three.
Speaker 1: Oh, wow. Yay. It couldn't have worked. So, Vivi, what do you do to bring this luck around?
Speaker 2: She goes, Rainy, you got this girl. You got it. And she, like, gives her a little heart with her little antenna that only Rani can see.
Speaker 1: Beautiful. Incredible.
Speaker 3: I think Rani felt so confident. She she was a little nervous at first about doing the spell without pulling out her index card. Now she's feeling really good about it. She's cast the spell before.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Yep. Absolutely. What happens is because that is a success, and it was a crit, and it so it was it's a success with hope plus one, which will finish off y'all's countdown. Meaning, Chase, you successfully capture your prey. So what is it look like as you capture this person?
Speaker 3: Just for clarity too. Yeah. My best friend Isaac Allen Burns.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's me.
Speaker 3: I've never I don't think I've ever actually rolled a crit before. I clear stress gain hope. Right?
Speaker 1: Yes. It is correct. Hello. It's me, your best friend, I'm here to tell you about critical when you roll a critical success, imagine it as the best possible result that could occur within reason, obviously. You will gain a hope. You may also clear a stress.
Speaker 3: Excellent. Very
Speaker 1: well done. Good job.
Speaker 3: So yeah. So Rainy casts the spell, and I imagine the mystic tether looks really just like these little tendrils of energy that just and it was a crit. It really efficiently just kind of snaps out of the ground around this person. These little tentacles and, like, laces over this person and just pulls them down against the ground.
Speaker 1: Wow. You pull them down and without your index cards too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I did it without without peeking. That's my girl.
Speaker 1: Incredible.
Speaker 2: Indexless. We love it.
Speaker 1: You see this person gets pulled to the ground. And Polaris is a magical university. So it's like people screaming in New York City. You just don't look. And so people are just walking by. Not their business, not their problem as this person is on the ground and, like, struggling against it.
Speaker 4: I have a really terrible question
Speaker 3: to ask.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What's up?
Speaker 4: Should I roll to stop the longboard?
Speaker 3: No. No.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say yes. Absolutely. Make an agility roll for me.
Speaker 3: I just I just You can't
Speaker 2: run this person over. That would be terrible. Rachel, you have the chance to do the funniest thing.
Speaker 4: That is an 11 with fear.
Speaker 1: In my head, I had set the difficulty to 10. So that will succeed. However, I do gain a fear and I'm going to spend it immediately right now. You come to a stop. Come to a stop and there's unfortunately a stone like a loose stone that's on there and it hits the board just right. You feel it jostle. Oh, and I need a I'm going to say agility reaction roll from Rainy not to go over the side of
Speaker 2: Oh, no. Rainy.
Speaker 3: I have a flat for agility, so it's a 17. Woah.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Okay. Well, the difficulty was a 10. Yeah. Well done. Rainy, you do not fall over the side of the bridge. And very good. So you have come to a stop. This person is struggling there. Vivi, I think you come down.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I come down. I help Rainey out, and then we unmask this person.
Speaker 1: You unmask this person. And you see
Speaker 4: It's the janitor.
Speaker 1: Someone will find out next episode of Dodo Dorn. That's right, everybody. Thank you so much for listening. This has been so much fun. Tune in next week when we find out who's the person behind the mask. Thank you everybody for listening. If you love it, if you like it, go ahead and leave us five stars on your podcast listening app of choice. We love every single one. We read each of them. They fill us with joy and happiness. Thank you so much everybody. And squawk on three. One, two, three. Squawk. Nice. Hey, it's a podcast.
Speaker 5: Hello, everybody. It is me, Pistachio Droop, back again to read out our bag of gold patrons' names once again. I guess I did so good of a job last time that they asked me back for another one. This is so exciting. Okay. Well, to start, thank you to Rachie Loves You, Eba, World of Garriva, Condor Blue, Nick Glasswallen, tales by Daggerlight, Darcy r, biter thoughts, baddie bright, Cole McCago, BDS at dorkbather, thirty bird, maria w, tabletop optimist, muscles dynamite, and joss's seven zero eight. Thank you guys so much for your continued patronage, and a squawk on 3. 123, quack. Quackers, what are you doing here?